Will I get married to this girl?

I had one question regarding my marriage. There?s this girl she is my distant relative, now I was talking to my mother about her and my mother said she would probably talk to her parents whenever they meet next, which should be at some family function or a party. will anything come out of it? is there any chance of us getting married?

Note: My mom was also talking about going to her house and talking to her parents about us, but I'm not sure if we'll go anytime soon or not.

Date: 19-08-2012
Time: 02:35 PM

Re: Will I get married to this girl?

sunny18 wrote:I had one question regarding my marriage. There?s this girl she is my distant relative, now I was talking to my mother about her and my mother said she would probably talk to her parents whenever they meet next, which should be at some family function or a party. will anything come out of it? is there any chance of us getting married?

Note: My mom was also talking about going to her house and talking to her parents about us, but I'm not sure if we'll go anytime soon or not.

Date: 19-08-2012
Time: 02:35 PM
Hi,

It is hard to tell. This could be a yes, because the significators are applying and it could be a no because the Moon is void of course. I am inclined to say yes, because if there was a marriage intended at first then it should continue to be intended. If a marriage was not intended, then nothing has changed. Whatever was happening hasn't changed, but I am inclined to say yes.

thanks for the reply stellar. well so far only me and my mother has talked about it, we have not made a move yet and haven't talked to the girls parents yet. so I'm guessing if we did talked to them things will work out?

Hello Sunny18

First off, is this chart a valid chart? Jupiter, your significator, is in the 6th and a little too distant from the cusp of the 7th to be considered as being in the 7th, the house of your quesited, the girl you want to marry - especially as it is in a 'short' house. And, as StellarTiggy said, the moon is void of course and so "matters go hardly on."

That said, let us consider the chart anyway and see what it has to say.

True, Mercury, ruler of the 7th, applies to Jupiter by sextile. But Mercury is in the 8th house and has only face as essential dignity. Jupiter has face too, but is also in detriment, so there is very little energy to bring the two of you together.

You talk of your mother approaching her parents. I assume your father is out of the picture and so your mother is acting as 'head of your household' here in negotiating the marriage with her parents. Mars rules the 4th of your father - head of the household- and is in the 10th, the house of your mother, so could signify your mother here. The 10th is also the turned 4th for the girl and so represents her father. Mars in the 10th could signify the negotiations between your mother and her parents. But Mars is in detriment, and conjunct Saturn, and via combusta, so it does not look like we might anticipate much positive progress when your mother does discuss the matter of marriage with her parents.

Note too that Mercury, ruler of the 7th, is in the 8th which could signify a dowry in this matter of marriage. Being India, I assume this could be a matter of some importance.

All told, my feeling is that while there may be talk of marriage, that is as far as it will go.

But.... See Venus in the 7th applying to an antiscion with Jupiter. It may well be that another girl will appear in your life who will replace Mercury as the object of your affections. Then, the question of marriage to Mercury would be redundant.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey wrote:Hello Sunny18

First off, is this chart a valid chart? Jupiter, your significator, is in the 6th and a little too distant from the cusp of the 7th to be considered as being in the 7th, the house of your quesited, the girl you want to marry - especially as it is in a 'short' house. And, as StellarTiggy said, the moon is void of course and so "matters go hardly on."

That said, let us consider the chart anyway and see what it has to say.

True, Mercury, ruler of the 7th, applies to Jupiter by sextile. But Mercury is in the 8th house and has only face as essential dignity. Jupiter has face too, but is also in detriment, so there is very little energy to bring the two of you together.

You talk of your mother approaching her parents. I assume your father is out of the picture and so your mother is acting as 'head of your household' here in negotiating the marriage with her parents. Mars rules the 4th of your father - head of the household- and is in the 10th, the house of your mother, so could signify your mother here. The 10th is also the turned 4th for the girl and so represents her father. Mars in the 10th could signify the negotiations between your mother and her parents. But Mars is in detriment, and conjunct Saturn, and via combusta, so it does not look like we might anticipate much positive progress when your mother does discuss the matter of marriage with her parents.

Note too that Mercury, ruler of the 7th, is in the 8th which could signify a dowry in this matter of marriage. Being India, I assume this could be a matter of some importance.

All told, my feeling is that while there may be talk of marriage, that is as far as it will go.

But.... See Venus in the 7th applying to an antiscion with Jupiter. It may well be that another girl will appear in your life who will replace Mercury as the object of your affections. Then, the question of marriage to Mercury would be redundant.

Geoffrey
thanks for the reply. yes the chart is valid. how should I approach this matter from here on?

thanks for the reply. yes the chart is valid. how should I approach this matter from here on?
Jupiter has very little energy in this chart. I would say you are not in a position to influence the matter by any pro-active measures of your own. The next move is with your mother, who will approach the girl's parents. You can only wait and see how events evolve.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey wrote:
Jupiter has very little energy in this chart. I would say you are not in a position to influence the matter by any pro-active measures of your own. The next move is with your mother, who will approach the girl's parents. You can only wait and see how events evolve.

Geoffrey
thank you very much brother

Hello, sunny18 :)

I'd say the desired marriage will come to pass because there's an applying aspect between Mercury, representing the girl, and Jupiter, representing you.

Jupiter's location in the 7th sign symbolizes your interest in the matter, though you probably cannot do too much to influence it according to your wishes, because Jupiter is cadent. However, we should bear in mind that Jupiter is also oriental of the Sun,just a bit past its strongest position of sextile with the sect light so you're by no means powerless as it might seem at the first glance!

But let's get back to Mercury - Jupiter application. Two very positive things stand out for me - the first is, Mercury applies to Jupiter, theoretically meaning that the matter inquired about comes to you; you don't need to spend too much effort. Figuratively speaking, it falls (more or less!), into your lap :)

The second is - Mercury offers a true reception to Jupiter, meaning the girl is also very interested to enter the marriage with you. Jupiter also receives Mercury in its triplicity and decan, making this a true mutual reception which is a very strong indicator of a satisfactory outcome and a mutual desire to be together.

Moreover, according to Paulus , the sextile between Leo/Gemini carries the force of a trine, thus making this harmonious aspect even better and stronger than usual.

The Moon is void of course so this will probably influence the situation in a way that it doesn't progress all too quickly. But it cannot prevent the matter, it can just delay it.

The same can be deduced from Mercury's slow motion after its second station and its oriental position to the Sun,which make it perform rather inconsistently.

However, in the end I'd say that you'll reach your goal to the satisfaction of both parties in five months(more optimistic version would be five weeks, but I doubt it).

Wish you all the best :'
Psalm 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Rhetorius wrote:Hello, sunny18 :)

I'd say the desired marriage will come to pass because there's an applying aspect between Mercury, representing the girl, and Jupiter, representing you.

Jupiter's location in the 7th sign symbolizes your interest in the matter, though you probably cannot do too much to influence it according to your wishes, because Jupiter is cadent. However, we should bear in mind that Jupiter is also oriental of the Sun,just a bit past its strongest position of sextile with the sect light so you're by no means powerless as it might seem at the first glance!

But let's get back to Mercury - Jupiter application. Two very positive things stand out for me - the first is, Mercury applies to Jupiter, theoretically meaning that the matter inquired about comes to you; you don't need to spend too much effort. Figuratively speaking, it falls (more or less!), into your lap :)

The second is - Mercury offers a true reception to Jupiter, meaning the girl is also very interested to enter the marriage with you. Jupiter also receives Mercury in its triplicity and decan, making this a true mutual reception which is a very strong indicator of a satisfactory outcome and a mutual desire to be together.

Moreover, according to Paulus , the sextile between Leo/Gemini carries the force of a trine, thus making this harmonious aspect even better and stronger than usual.

The Moon is void of course so this will probably influence the situation in a way that it doesn't progress all too quickly. But it cannot prevent the matter, it can just delay it.

The same can be deduced from Mercury's slow motion after its second station and its oriental position to the Sun,which make it perform rather inconsistently.

However, in the end I'd say that you'll reach your goal to the satisfaction of both parties in five months(more optimistic version would be five weeks, but I doubt it).

Wish you all the best :'
Thanks man, really appreciate it. I'm happy about the positivity :)

sunny18 wrote:is there a way to know what the girls zodiac sign is? please
There's no reliable way, I may only guess and that would be Gemini ascendant,Leo Sun combination(or possibly the other way around) :D
Psalm 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.