Launching date for website

Hi

I am launching a new Astrology website shortly,
finastrosoft.com, and are wondering if you could let me know from experience, how important is a launch date?
Or does the day of purchasing the site become the chart for the website?

I have some conflicting transits coming up, and would be grateful for any suggestions.

Negatives
Saturn square Node 23rd Jan & 17 March
Node square Pluto 9th Feb

I have added my own natal horoscope see link below.
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6765 ... dnaast.png

Re: Launching date for website

VestaDS wrote:Hi

I am launching a new Astrology website shortly,
finastrosoft.com, and are wondering if you could let me know from experience, how important is a launch date?
Or does the day of purchasing the site become the chart for the website?

I have some conflicting transits coming up, and would be grateful for any suggestions.

Negatives
Saturn square Node 23rd Jan & 17 March
Node square Pluto 9th Feb

I have added my own natal horoscope see link below.
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6765 ... dnaast.png
As the usual principal of astrology is visibility the date of launching is surely far more important than the purchasing date. Not before the site is open for the accesss of public it is visible or existing (astrologically), in my opinion.

Only transits do not decide your actual condition. Directions, should condsidered too, for example. This will become very complicated, too complicated probably.

On the other hand you could take the opinion, that the most important is the website itself, quasi independant of yourself, its success in the public.

You would then seek for the best moment for the 'birth' of a website. Then you could look for some good connections between the site and your radix.

But before all: What is (are) the significator(s) for a website in your opinion?

Johannes

Not sure I understand what you mean by
"What is (are) the significator(s) for a website in your opinion?"

But I would assume Mercury for communication and Venus for Sales!

Hi, VestaDS!

I have a good friend who works as a programmer and spends most of his spare time creating his own web pages- mainly portals full of links and useful informations (tourism, hobbies, weddings etc.) which are a great source of extra income in his case (paid adverts, Google adds...).
I often do charts for his new endeavours.

I agree with johannes on this:
As the usual principal of astrology is visibility the date of launching is surely far more important than the purchasing date.
The date when the site is launched is the moment of the beginning of a new project which turns the chart cast for such a moment into a birth chart of a new business venture. Having said that- electional astrology is always welcome in determining the best date.
As for the rulership, I believe that it is very important to know the purpose of the website. Being the natural ruler of communication, Mercury, along with the 3rd house, will always have a strong influence on such matters however, not all websites are launched for the same reasons.
A professional website can be launched either with the aim of improving an already existing business or as a stand alone project (online sales etc.) which automatically assigns the 10th house and its ruler to the Quesited.
On the other hand, if a person is making a private website or a blog, the story is significantly different.
Some websites are constructed as informative pages (forums, link bases, storage sites etc.) which sometimes includes houses such as the 9th (online libraries as an example).
After assigning the main rulers, it is always important to examine other houses and planets that are the natural rulers of the matters or areas of life that have got anything to do with the purpose of the website (pets, literature, astrology, travel etc.).
When I cast a chart for each of my friend's projects, we usually use the symbolism of the relevant cusps to decide how the website should look like (we use the colours, symbols..even names associated with the sign on the cups of the 10th).
"What is (are) the significator(s) for a website in your opinion?"

But I would assume Mercury for communication and Venus for Sales!

Mercury, surely however, the 2nd and the 10th should be taken as relevant too- it is obviously a business endeavour. In addition, you should search for the natural rulers (both houses, planets and signs) of the type of goods that you intend to sell.

Cheers,

aglaya

Hello Vesta,

please bear in mind that Jupiter will be retrograde until the end of this month (in Gemini), so if you want to define an election chart Jupiter should be put in an "insignificant" position.

Iris

VestaDS wrote:Thanks for the posts, would any 8th Houses be advisable, as it will be my own investment of time and money earner?
The 2nd/8th axis is certainly important if you want a website that can help raise your incomes. The 8th house rules the money from the others (your buyers, hopefully) and you should check the shape of its ruler. More importantly, you should examine your 2nd as it rules your incomes. And the shape of the 10th, of course. ;-)

Cheers,

aglaya