Football - August 2012

I collected on two games today, Sunday, in the Norwegian tippeliga:

Sogndal - Rosenborg, 18.00 CEST
Odds: 3,61 3,39 1,96
Asc 11SG59 MC 0SC42 Moon 21GE42 POF 13LI21
Day Sun, Hour Mercury - not radical

I found Jupiter on the 7th of this chart, being a fortune. The Lord of the hour ruling the 7th, where the Lord of the ascendant was there in. I am monitoring Jupiter on the angles for a wealth of goals, although the 3-2, 2-3 has not been consequent. Sogndal gave away 2 pentalties!! (Non-radical chart gives honky-tonk performance!)
Rosenborg won the match 0-3.

Aalesund - Molde, 20.00 CEST
Odds: 2.79 3.30 2.39
Asc 1CP22 MC 29SC55 Moon 22GE42 POF 3SC39
Day Sun, Hour Moon - radical by triplicity

Here the Moon was Lady of the Hour and the 7th and applied by trine to Mars, L10. I decided to go with the guests- Molde won 0-1 at an attractive price.

--------------------------------------------------

Monday 1. division:

Ullensaker/Kisa - Start,
19.00 CEST Jessheim
Odds: 4.62 3.78 1.63
Asc 29SG40 MC 21SC08 Moon 4CN20 POF 12SC40
Day Moon, Hour Mars - radical by powers + triplicity

Here I note that the Moon is on the angle of the 7th and the Sun is square the MC. So I decide to back the favourites. The Lord of the Hour is conjunct Saturn, co-L1, but the ascendant is in Sagittarius. I believe the angularity of the luminaries will prove more deciding.
http://www.astronor.com

Ullensaker/Kisa - Start 0-3 ! :D

Frankly, I took my money off the table when Start were 1 up after the first half. In consequence this means I reduce my winnings from ?25 to ?19 - providing Start still win. But then if Ullensaker/Kisa should come back or the match end a draw, then I am still break even with my money in hand. It is like not being too greedy but accepting a risk-free bet! ;)

I have gone for Nottingham Forest in the Capitol One Cup against Fleetwood. Assuming the game is played at the Fleetwood Home ground.

Fleetwood - Nottingham F, 19.45 BST
Odds: 3.27 3.40 2.07
Asc 27CP39 MC 2SG53 Moon 5CN14 POF 11SG28
Day Moon, Hour Sun - not radical.

Here I have spotted the Lord of the Hour in the same sign as Mercury, L4, who is in the 7th and trine the Midheaven. This could do it for the guests. Fortuna is opposite Jupiter, who is a fortune - hence the favourites. I don't think the opposition aspect should mean much.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Half time and it is still 0-0. It feels as if this one could be close. Mercury, Lord of the 4th is predominant. That could bury the result, unless the influence of the 7th and POF aspect a fortune comes through...

Nottingham is believed to be a Libra ruled city.

The Moon is applying to Venus, who is in a stake of Libra. Though both Venus and Libra are retreating from the angle, it should be a testimony for Nottingham.

If we use Mars (Nottingham home kit is red), then Mars is close to a right stake (90 degrees) from the rising degree. Mars is well received by Saturn, the ruler of the ASC.

I do not think that Jupiter opposes POF makes any difference here. Jupiter is not a significator.

I expect a 2:0 win for Nottingham. Let's see.

Congratulations, Andrew and good luck :'

I am testing the strength of the planets (agreeably to the colours), obviously the application was to weak for a -1.5 handicap.

In other cup games, both winning teams (Sheffield Wednesday - I take signification from the day - Mercury, and Preston (white - Moon) won with a 2 goal difference.

I have been exploring planets on angles over the summer and have found an interesting effect with the Sun within 5 degrees of the descendant. I have the results of just over 120 matches from the English Premier League with the Sun in this position, about half in H6 and half in H7

If the Sun is in H6, there is an increase in draws and away wins, with a reduction in home wins. There is also a reduction of wins by the favourite and an increase in underdog wins.

If the Sun is in H7, there is again an increase in away wins and reduction in home wins (but not as strong as for H6), no effect on draws, but the effect on favourite/underdog is reversed with an increase in favourite wins and a reduction in underdog wins.

The most striking result was Sun in H7 when, out of 61 matches, only 4 were underdog wins.

Might be worth watching this season.

Thanks, Graham, for sharing your observations.

I have no particular statistics, but I have been also monitoring the Sun's position in angles.

Usually we have the Sun close to the Western angle, rarely we have the Sun on MC, never on ASC or IC. The Sun on the MC favours the faves; I do not have a single chart when an underdog has won when the Sun was on the MC.

I would like you to pay particular attention to the following things:

1) The Sun inside 7H and in the same sign;
2) The Sun inside 7H but in the 8th sign;
3) The Sun in 6H and in the same sign as DSC;
4) The Sun in 6H and in the 6th sign

Use and an orb of 10 degrees, not more

This, in my opinion, makes the difference.

Regards
Janis

Janis Valkovskis wrote:The Sun on the MC favours the faves; I do not have a single chart when an underdog has won when the Sun was on the MC.
It is not common, but I have a number of examples of the Sun on the MC and the underdog winning.

The most recent was 29 October 2011 at 12-45 BST. Chelsea the favourite (odds 1.7) and Arsenal the underdog (odds 6.0). The score was 3 - 5 and the Sun did not have any other role.

Going back to the start of the 2004/5 season, a collection of over 2600 charts, the underdogs have won with the Sun conjunct the MC (5 degrees) on 14 occasions. I have not had a chance to check each chart to see if the Sun had another role.

I can confirm that the Sun on the MC in H9 does help the favourite, but mainly at the expense of draws, which are very rare with the Sun in that position.

Graham

The most recent was 29 October 2011 at 12-45 BST. Chelsea the favourite (odds 1.7) and Arsenal the underdog (odds 6.0). The score was 3 - 5 and the Sun did not have any other role.
No surprise. I always use Mars for the Gunners. And I must say it works. So the Sun fortified the Gunners. Whereas Jupiter was in Taurus, in opposition to the Sun. It's a bad omen for whoever has the sig in opposition to the sect luminary.

In general, the Sun's position on the MC favours the faves and from a viewpoint of astrological symbolism it must be this way; but as I am using the Sun as a sig only for the teams wearing yellow/gold/orange kits, I do not count the Sun's position on the MC as a decisive factor for the fave.

There are a lot of international friendlies being played this evening. I have got tickets to the match between Norway and Greece! :D The problem with prediction is that many games kick-off at the same time. However, they are being played in different countries, so let's take a look at the chart.

Norway - Greece, 20.00 CEST Oslo
Odds: 2,05 3,25 3,60
Asc 19CP21 MC 7SG07 Moon 29CN57 POF 26SG00
Day Mercury, Hour Mars - radical

The lord of the hour is conjunct the lord of the ascendant. This should be good for the home team, who also are favourites. The Moon, L7, is adrift at the end of her own sign. She applies to Mercury, the natural significator of Greece, but I have him too far into the next sign to be anything but a long shot. Mars, LHr and the natural significator of Norway, is sextile the Part of Fortune. I think Norway chance to win this game, although I am unsure about all the games being scheduled for the same time.

A lot of games at the same time can be a problem, but there are only four international friendlies starting at 20:00 CEDT, and they are well spread out geographically. The nearest is Sweden v Brazil, and there it is the away team that is the favourite (not unexpected!), so I think there is enough variety. :D

My worry is that the Moon is VoC (it does mean that later games this evening could be rather different to the earlier games). I have noticed that a void Moon very late in a sign can cause the flow of the game to switch after the sign change. It might be that you are right on Norway winning, but I suspect Greece might score the first goal early in the match. If so, that might be the time to place a bet on Norway. However, with a void Moon, it is always difficult to predict :D

Graham