Boris Johnson

There is much talk about current Mayor of London Boris Johnson becoming a future Conservative party leader and hence a possible Prime Minister of the UK parliament. The birth time of the above chart comes from a letter sent by his father just after the birth so should be reasonably accurate.

While he is Mayor of London (not to be confused with the Lord Mayor) and David Cameron, the incumbent PM is in mid-term term nothing will change soon but are there any indications of high office here? He is well-known already and has made it to eminence but can he go higher? Well the Lady of the tenth is in the first house but the lady of the first is combust though arguably close to cazmimi. One could also say Venus is conjunct the Sun, and indicates closeness to the king. In matters of kingdoms one can also look at the exaltation ruler of the ascendant Saturn instead. The Moon has just changed signs after trining the Sun and applies by trine to Saturn though he is out of sect and retrograde but also sextile Jupiter.

There seems to be more emphasis on the ninth house. Boris is fond of the classics and may be suited to a career in higher education.

It would be pushing it a bit to make too much from Sirius MC and the dragons head is a little far from the cusp.

There is plenty in Gemini and I will recheck the lot of kingdom but I think that is in gemini as well. By cosmic coincidence gemini is London's sign.

I will also check the last great conjuction but I think it was 10 libra very close to Boris's ascendant.

I will come back on this but any comments at this stage are welcome.

Matthew

The Lot of Exaltation is in 1?39' Leo, which means we should look for Sun. There he is in Hayz, in face and very close to the Asc ruler, Venus. Also, the Sun rules the 11th House, of rising, while the 10th is the peak. We have one strong testimony for him to get higher and higher.

The Part of Fortune is in Aquarius, so we should look for Saturn, as its dispositor, and the 10th House from PoF, which is the success from any endeavour and is ruled by Mars. He has Saturn in Pisces and Mars in Gemini, there is an applying square from Mars to Saturn, with reception (Mars is in Saturn's triplicity and Saturn in Mars' nocturnal triplicity). Another testimony for success.

The Moon and Jupiter both rule the 10th House. The Moon separates a trine from Venus and applies another trine to Saturn, ruler of Fortune. Jupiter, although peregrine in Taurus, is aspected by the Moon and Saturn, while is holding another aspect with the Part of Fortune. Again, a positive testimony for social and professional rise.

So yes, it is very possible for him to get higher than he already is.
Amor ordinem nescit.
Love does not know order.
- Saint Jerome -

He was born in New York?

Lord 10 in the first, but not in the same sign as the ASC and in fall indicates whatever honors or recognition he achieves, it will be short lived.

Also Venus is only two minutes of arc shy of cazimi. If the birth time is only a little off she would be cazimi.

I just checked. He was born in New York.

I like this guy. Upon graduating from Oxford he worked only a week before quitting. He commented "Try as I might, I could not look at an overhead projection of a growth profit matrix, and stay conscious.?

He got fired from his second job. So where would a young man who can't seem to hold a job go for a career? Why politics of course.

Re: Boris Johnson

Mjacob wrote:The birth time of the above chart comes from a letter sent by his father just after the birth so should be reasonably accurate.
Is there any way we can access a copy of that letter? With today's technologies it's quite easy to scan and post a copy. If not what is your source for that letter?

favro

Favro, the letter was quoted in a biography by Andrew Gimson if I remember rightly. I fear that it is not so easy to reproduce it. The moon has just changed sign as well so I understand the importance of the right time but this is the best we have. His father was not there at the exact time.

Matthew

Tom, you say politicians can't hold down a job elsewhere? About right for UK these days
Last edited by Mjacob on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mjacob wrote:Favro, the letter was quoted in a biography by Andrew Gimson if I remember rightly. I fear that it is so easy to reproduce it. The moon has just changed sign as well so I understand the importance of the right time but this is the best we have. His father was not there at the exact time.

Thank you Matthew. The bio: The Rise of Boris Johnson by Andrew Gimson.

Let's hope someone in the UK can quote the exact text from the book mentioning the hour of birth.

favro

Tzadde wrote:Jupiter, although peregrine in Taurus,
I checked again. Jupiter is in 16th degree of Taurus, so he is not peregrine, according to Egyptian terms. This actually strenghtens the third testimony.
Amor ordinem nescit.
Love does not know order.
- Saint Jerome -

There is something else about that moon. In scorpio it is said to make the native passionate. I suppose that the moon used to signify the brain and scorpio the genitals. A crude expression springs to mind but sexual scandal has dogged Boris though he seems to get away with it. There is a strong hint in a magazine recently that another peccadillo might come to light but for the court issuing a gagging order.

Much as I like him and wish him well I do have a feeling that he might miss his chance when it comes and Tom's observation articulates that.

He is known for being a fun-loving character in other ways and is fond of a bon mot. Not surprising that analysing his chart for temperament indicates sanguinity. His image as a bit if of buffoon is something he plays up to but what about mercury in the chart? It is dignified and fast in motion. He is no doubt smarter than he lets on.

If he does lose his chance for the highest office he can look back on one of his own phrases. "Every disaster is an opportunity; an opportunity for another disaster." :-?

Matthew

Tom wrote:He was born in New York?

Lord 10 in the first, but not in the same sign as the ASC and in fall indicates whatever honors or recognition he achieves, it will be short lived.
why do you say this? seemed to work fine for jimmy carter.. is this astrology by rote?

Kirk understood me correctly. KIrk also knows the definition and intent of the word "evidently" that was used. I was relaying a common astrological belief. I'm dealing with astrologers, I didn't think it was necessary to candy coat it by equivocating with every other word. Once should be enough.

Secondly lest there be a misunderstanding. The remark about New York had nothing to do with the statement that followed. I wrote that and posted and then came back and posted a second time leaving the "born in New York" alone. I was merely expressing surprise that a British MP was born in the US. I thought it might have been an error and NYC was the default location for the website that produced the chart. I was wrong. The man was born in New York City, NY, and holds dual citizenship.

carter continues to hold a high level of recognition/honour on an international level as i see it.. while there may be fluctuations in any persons life, saying the honour or recognition will be short lived doesn't hold up with carter as i see it. would you apply the same logic to rod stewart as well? a much better example would be tom delay who really did fall off the map into an ignoble afterlife, but he didn't have cancer on the midheaven and it isn't exactly the same set up..

perhaps someone can provide some example of where this supposed astro truism is supposed to hold up as i don't see it and i don't think it holds for carter either.