Will I be able to Travel...within 4 days?

From HoraryHour Forum:

The querant asked:

Will I be able to tavel to my destination by vehicle within for days?

Time: 12:47 P.M. .........1247 hours

8 / 12 / 2012

Carson City, Nevada ................119w46 ......39n10

If you Do Not enlarge the horoscope from the webb address or calculate another it tends to stay there. Note, you must keep the size at around 75% if you choose to post this way:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?lang ... r=1&nho2=1

My analysis is since Luna is cjt. Jupiter yet in Gemini, the 12th of the Moon's rulership, Cancer, and in the 8H that because Cancer is on the 9th for long distance travel, that the querant will arive by vehicle to the destination within four days.

However, the lord of the Querant is Mars Cjt Saturn in Libra in the 12th, and that is Not promising, as if an accident, like hospitalization being the 12th may happen as Saturn rules the 3rd, imediate neighborhood, and the 4th.

And the 4th of the matter of the the 9th, is Libra, the horary's 12th. And Venus has No aspects, with the exception of a squ to the Outer Uranus; nothing Lilly and the Ancients before him could have used. Having Not read Frawley at this time what would he say about this?

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise Men know how little they know

http://www.newsreview.com/reno/star-rea ... ?oid=22904

Chad Henry From HoraryHour Forum said on August 12, 2012:
[HoraryHour] Will I be able to travel to my destination within four days?

Disregard Lord 4th as end of matter--not relevant. Mars and Moon rule querent. What rules the road trip? Lord 3 if a fairly routine short trip or within querent's country or town or county or whatever; 9th for unusual or long or overseas journeys. Could be that querent regards this trip as long, this post doesn't tell us. Could be that querent is nervous about this trip, else why the question. Or else he or she needs to get to the destination by a certain time. Saturn rules 3rd of routine or short trips, Moon rules 9th of long journeys. Moon moves to trine Mars in about 11 degrees or time units. If Moon is fast, then less time. If they hope to get there in four days or less, then this doesn't seem practical. If we take Saturn ruler of 3rd as correct, then Mars moves to conjunct Saturn in about two degrees. Cadent houses are said to be fast--Cardinal signs fast. So the trip could complete in fewer than four days. Personally I would not predict difficulties or accidents on this trip unless querent specifically asked about them. He or she just wants to know how long the trip will take, which they should be able to figure out--is their car in good shape? Is the route challenging for some reason? They could consult triple A or a map online or something to get a general idea of the distance, average travel time, and take into account whether person is driving alone or with driving partners, and what the weather conditions and road conditions will be.it would be unprofessional to suggest the possibility of danger or accident orinjury to querent unless they expressed this as part of the question.
chad

From Horary Hour Forum, Aug. 12th, 2012:
Re: [HoraryHour] Will I be able to travel to my destination within four days?

Chad everything I've learned in regard to travel is like if it's Not the usual
routine like traveling salesmen or truck drivers, if overnight from home it's
generally the 9th, because centurys ago travel was more of a major deal and most
were overnight journeys whether by ship, horse, or on foot.

But shouldn't we warn the astro layman we are serving if we see imediate danger
in their undertaking?

Like I would tell those I serve if I saw a definite car accident on their road
trip.

And if they went anyway, then the artists says "...I tried to tell you Aries of
what was in store...!"

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men truly know how little they know

Posted By: thastarman thastarman Offline Send Email
Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:48 pm |
Options View Source
Use Fixed Width Font
Unwrap Lines

Chad everything I've learned in regard to travel is like if it's Not the usual
routine like traveling salesmen or truck drivers, if overnight from home it's
generally the 9th, because centurys ago travel was more of a major deal and most
were overnight journeys whether by ship, horse, or on foot.

But shouldn't we warn the astro layman we are serving if we see imediate danger
in their undertaking?

Like I would tell those I serve if I saw a definite car accident on their road
trip.

And if they went anyway, then the artists says "...I tried to tell you Aries of
what was in store...!"

Clinton Garrett Soule

More of the results on the way Geoffrey.

Clinton Garrett Soule

Chad Said:
RE: [HoraryHour] Will I be able to travel to my destination within four days?
Posted By: Gregcat Gregcat Offline Send Email
Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:01 pm |

You have to do what you think best. I personally would not want to be told "if you go on this trip you will have a horrible accident", because then the options are 1. don't go on the trip because you're now too afraid, 2. go on the trip and be anxious the whole time, even if you don't have an accident, 3. go on the trip, don't have an accident, and lose any remaining faith in astrology and astrologers. What is the person supposed to do, just drive defensively? I mean most people do that anyway, so unless this guy is a notoriously reckless driver, he'll probably be fine. And if L 9 Moon is the trip and Mars is the querent, the Moon has 11 degrees to go before aspecting Mars, so the answer would be "no, you won't get there within four days, it'll be more like 11".
chad

What was the real question? Was it valid?

Clinton.

The question that Chad was considering was, "Will I be able to tavel to my destination within four days?

The question you reported at the head of THIS thread is, "Will I be able to tavel to my destination by vehicle within four days?" - which, to my mind, is a different question entirely.

So, what was the actual question? One the two above, or something else?

And it is now 12 days since the date you reported for the question, 12th August 2012. Was an attempt made to travel to the destination by vehicle? If so, did (s)he make it? If not, why not?

If no attempt was made to travel to the destination, we have to wonder if this was a spurious question and so, not valid.

Geoffrey

Chad Henry says:
Posted By: Gregcat Gregcat
Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:13 pm |

A few other things to consider in this chart--Moon first conjuncts Jupiter, in
Detriment or Fall in Gemini, so Moon hits a bump in the road so to speak--Jupiter is NOT a benefic in 8th in Detriment (or Fall--don't have my tables in front of me.) Then, Moon sextiles Sun before completing trine to Mars.What does Saturn rule in this chart? 2nd and 3rd houses--income and moveable property such as money (and cars!). 3rd house rules short journeys, relatives, siblings, and so forth. So, if Mars conjuncts Saturn before Moon makes her trine to Mars. At any rate the chart suggests that there will be delays on the trip, so maybe the simple answer is no, not in four days. The querent may have given you more detaisl, more information, more concerns than we're getting here, but the chart doesn't necessarily imply bodily harm. Maybe car mechanical problems.

chad
Clinton countered with:
Posted By: thastarman
Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:37 pm |

Chad Henry says:

***A few other things to consider in this chart--Moon first conjuncts Jupiter,in Detriment or Fall in Gemini, so Moon hits a bump in the road so to speak--Jupiter is NOT a benefic in 8th in Detriment (or Fall--don't have my tables in front of me.) Then, Moon sextiles Sun before completing trine to Mars.***

Yes Chad, I saw immediately the Moon in Gemini in the 12th of her rulership as she rules Cancer. But I have gone thorough some confusion, or I'm still partly there as Lilly's essential and accidental dignitys are quite different than Modernes; and many Contemporary Traditionalists say that Lilly misunderstood Ptolemy's Table of Dignitys. Yes, we do need to memorize this as you and I both know Lilly and Frawley as honourable devout horary students quite possibly want us to go beyond them as teachers. Even if a man visited by astrologers at his birth said '...the student is never greater than his teacher..'.

***What does Saturn rule in this chart? 2nd and 3rd houses--income and moveable property such as money (and cars!). 3rd house rules short journeys, relatives, siblings, and so forth. ***

Astro brother Chad, not meaning to discredit you or embarrass you, as you know in CA Lilly tells on himself in a 4th house matter, as in 'Mister B's House' where Lilly admits to his error in reading a horary of his own query. And Lilly Does Not cite all the horarys he ever did, which could be why he says '...a few things in CA about how some horarys the artist seldom gets correct...'.

But in this horary Kronus/Saturn rules the 3H and 4H, Not the 2nd. I've done this to, got my head beyond myself as too many charts may be on my brain at the time.

So, if Mars conjuncts Saturn before Moon makes her trine to Mars. At any rate the chart suggests that there will be delays on the trip, so maybe the simple answer is no, not in four days. The querent may have given you more details, more information, more concerns than we're getting here, but the chart doesn't necessarily imply bodily harm. Maybe car mechanical problems.

Chad good insights on the Luna in the 8th cjt, Jupiter. For the querant is
eldery and just possibly asked as it might have been a strain on the individual health-wise or vehicle wise. So I suggested AMTRACK, Greyhound, or flying as the querant had to make the destination within 5 days.

Would have been interesting to see how it would have played out, but then being a horary artist our responsibility is to make others life more comfortable.

If you Do Not enlarge the horoscope from the webb address or calculate another it tends to stay there:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?lang ... smon=8;syr\
=2012;hsy=5;zod=;orbp=;rs=2;add=18;node=-Yn;pfday=-YP%201;fix=1;ast=;cid=b1ffile\
nOF4eZ-u1344714167&nhor=1&nho2=1

Clinton Garrett Soule

And Chad Henry had the last kind words in:
Posted By: Gregcat Gregcat
Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:23 pm |

worries about embarrassing me, if I mis-read house rulerships. It's my senior citizen privilege! My intent was simply to look at which houses Saturn rules in this chart, to see what areas of life Saturn influences when Mars comes into conjunction with him, to get an idea of how to predict for the querent.

As for rulerships, I now always stick with the traditional rulerships--I don't
use Uranus, Neptune or Pluto as house or sign rulers; I only take them into
consideration when they are closely conjunct a chart significator or house cusp that plays into the question.

As far as receptions go, I go with Lilly and Frawley, to make life simple. The similarities are close enough between the various tables to trust in Ptolemy's assignments of dignity, debility, and reception. If I get the occasional chart wrong based on receptions, then I learn. But I bow to heads much wiser and more experienced than mine--and also try to overly-complicate matters.

Thanks for filling in the background details on the querent--it helps to judge the chart. If a young person comes to ask when they'll marry, we'll probably get a good chart. If a senior citizen asks the same question, the chart will not likely help us out with the question. Lilly tells us to use equal parts common sense and astrology, but another contemporary of Lilly's advised us to keep our minds on the chart, not in our books--meaning, I guess, to look at the chart first and not necessarily just go by the rules of the tradition.

chad
Geoffrey, you are right in that they would be different questions. But when a querant asks an artist a question, we as artist or horary scientists, as Lilly called us artists and put astrology and science within the same house, the 9th, we frequently think of 'what is the querant actually asking us here?'

Geoffrey stated:
The question that Chad was considering was, "Will I be able to tavel to my destination within four days?

The question you reported at the head of THIS thread is, "Will I be able to tavel to my destination by vehicle within four days?" - which, to my mind, is a different question entirely.

So, what was the actual question? One the two above, or something else?
The query for the quesited is at the top, in the first post; Chad just simplified it. But you are right in that the querant Did Not ask about airplane, jet, ocean liners, trains or canoes for travel; not even hot air balloons. Chad only simplified the quesited for his own understanding but an automobile was definitely within the query.

Geoffrey, I was planning to give the results over the next few days so as Not to put So Much into one post. But I didn't wish to be rude as I could tell you were getting impatient about what happened within this question.

Clinton Garrett Soule

Clinton Soule wrote: Geoffrey, I was planning to give the results over the next few days so as Not to put So Much into one post. But I didn't wish to be rude as I could tell you were getting impatient about what happened within this question.

Clinton Garrett Soule
Not so much impatient, Clinton, but is easy to forget to provide the ending to the story so we can all see if the chart interpretation came out as anticipated.

And since in this case the ending of the story was to be just four days after the question was asked, and since that was 13 days ago now, I just wanted to make sure you were still on track to tell us how things turned out.

I did not appreciate that you were working on a detailed analysis of the outcome. In my simplicity, I figured that a couple of sentences would cover it. Well, I am duly humbled Clinton, and beg your forgiveness for being so forward. I will wait patiently and quietly until you are ready to give us your complete appreciation of the chart, which I understand will be long, detailed, and require a serious devotion of time and concentration on the part of the reader.

Geoffrey

This is going to shock you Geoffrey for this is a truly longer post than my typical.

The querant upon hearing my verdict with the insights of Chad Henry took the Bus to their distination and had friends involved in a carpool partnership waiting for their arrival.

Health matters, age, and deadlines for arrival motivated querant to find a simplier solution.

Clinton Garrett Soule

Clinton Soule wrote:The querant upon hearing my verdict with the insights of Chad Henry took the Bus to their distination
Very wise. One should always listen to one's astrologer.

Thankyou Clinton,

Geoffrey