Thanks Richard,

I had a go but the software seemed to be disabled on my PC. Maybe just me. :???:

Anyway, as the main article explaining this system is in German I put it through google translate for a very rough approximation of what the article is saying:

What is the quality of a particular astrological Erdortes? Is there even a Erdort the inherent astrological quality? These are questions that have explored the astrologer Hans Jurgen Andersen for many decades. Fruit of this research is the so-called astrological correspondence systems: Based on empirical studies of the characterqualities of countries, historical events, but also through analysis of the land mass distribution and its limitations could account for Andersen for each planet, a terrestrial center, which serves as a symbolic Ekliptikpol: using large circles that run between these centers and their counterpart centers, the earth in twelve degrees of the zodiac is divided to the corresponding sections. What is more, it is possible to specify for any one Erdort ecliptic degree value in relation to such a center. To the centers for the ten traditional planets (including the Trans saturnian) of astrology added two more centers,whose qualities are described by fictional planet: When Andersen there is a center for the broken asteroid planet Mallona (Z), whose orbit sometime between Mars andJupiter will be lost. Moreover, there is a center with Pluto Trans quality (TP).

You can now add the resulting values for each planet gained degrees in a symbolic horoscope. The houses arising from another center, called the center of the earth, whose pole coincides with the geographic North Pole. The meridians of this system are thus known from the meridians of geography. Andersen has discovered, this system is that the zero line at 25 degrees West. From there, the zodiac signs are counted in an easterly direction. Length of the symbolic value that is obtained for the longitude of the place is now taken as the MC houses one circle.

With the Astro-Geo machine can explore these relationships. It offers the possibility for simultaneous three places of the earth geographic astro horoscope calculated. After entering the length (L) and width (B) the symbolic lengths of all the planets can be calculated. It indicated in the column Z0 reference azimuths of 0 degrees Aries are used. [1] When you load the page (after first call, or by pressure from Refresh) are the values that are derived from Andersen's maps Astro geography [2] can.

In the above Astro Geography applet can manipulate these values Z0 for research purposes: The Z0 values are changeable. After entering a different value for the three lengths of the ecliptic stated Erdorte be updated.

Conversely, calculating back from planetary values Z0-length values. If you think about a certain place have the sun is 10 degrees so you are in the line of the sun (SO) to the length Erdort 10ta. Immediately, calculate the corresponding value Z0 for the sun. The other two located in the display horoscopes are updated according to the calculated value Z0, so get in as a different position of the sun.

To restore previous values Z0, there is a clipboard, with the familiar buttons of calculators STO (= store) and RCL (= recall) may be served. The meaning should be clear: With the STO-Z0 current values stored. With RCL they can be reused in the Z0-column. If you have saved since the page is no Z0-values, the default values are from Andersen in memory. The ecliptic longitude values are updated in this case, as well as the currently displayed chart.

By pressing the H key (Horoscope figure) above the planet in the horoscope lengths Appplet be illustrated. Caution: It is purely symbolic horoscopes, comest where things such as an opposition of Mercury and Venus certainly happen.

The attached table shows the location of the centers, as in Andersen's works are AtlasAstro specified geography. [2] The work was published thirty years earlier AstroGeography and History [3] contains the basic features already in the research results.The implications are still some substantial differences in the exact positions of the centers.

The column "O" indicates the orientation of the center. A "+" means a mathematicallypositive orientation, ie the string from the zodiacal sign corresponds to the so-called"right-hand rule": If the thumb of his right hand pointing toward the pole, so the fingerspoint to the string. A "-" indicates the reverse orientation.

[1] for the values of the azimuth, I use the astrologically meaningful count, which measures the easterly and then count to 0 ? counterclockwise, ie on the north, west, south. Theazimuth expressed in this way, is also the azimuthal Mundanposition the house system.All values are expressed Z0 in this way.
[2] Hans J. Andersen, Astro Geography Atlas, HJ Andersen Press, 2003 Gevelsberg
[3] Hans J. Andersen, astro geography and history, Ebertin Verlag, Aalen 1974

English translation for German Geographical Locations.

Nordwestdeutschland-North ?West Germany

Ionisches Meer-Ionian sea

Nordatlantik-North Atlantic

Beringmeer-Bering sea

?quatorialafrika-Equatorial Africa

Osttibet-East Tibet

westl. S?dgr?nland-West Greenland

Transkaukasien-Transcaucasia

Nordsyrien-Northern Syria

Donauraum-Danube Region

Nordamerika-North America

Sibirien-Siberia
Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Richard wrote:
it's an online calculator (no download)..
Yes I can see that but the display of this is being blocked (Internet Explorer and Google Chrome)

Generally, I am very interested in astro-geography but Andersen seems a bit far out in some of his notions. Not least his imaginery planets Mallona and Trans Pluto.

Then there are some of his eccentric end of the world type predictions.....

Not my personal thing but thanks for bringing the site and the work of Andersen to our attention. There is not much awareness of German mundane astrology in a lot of the English speaking world.

Incidentally, I think I read somewhere that Wolfgang Dobereiner developed his own unique system of astrological geography. Anyone know anything about that?

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

D?bereiner

Mark wrote:Generally, I am very interested in astro-geography but Andersen seems a bit far out in some of his notions. Not least his imaginery planets Mallona and Trans Pluto.
Then there are some of his eccentric end of the world type predictions....
Yeah, that's pretty weird.

btw Strange, I also use IE...
Mark wrote:Incidentally, I think I read somewhere that Wolfgang Dobereiner developed his own unique system of astrological geography. Anyone know anything about that?Mark
I didn't read his astrogeographical works, yet.
They seem pretty interesting, though.
But I even couldn't find a good summary of it in German.
The reason probably lies in his chronic paranoia of "plagiators"...
But you might get his astro-geographical maps in the UK, in Engllish, too: ISBN 3-927094-30-7

Richard
http://astroinfo.astrologix.de/english.htm