I should really keep my mouth shut as I'm no expert but personally speaking, I would tuck them away either in 12th or 6th where they cannot do any mischief. Malefics are malefics even though Saturn is dignified.

If Saturn was alone, it may not be such a bad idea to let him rule a relevant house/houses because of his dignity but as it is with a nasty Mars, Mars will probably reduce Saturn's good qualities.

It may be good to put fixed signs on the angles.

My 2pence

I get the feeling that this conjunction is assumed to be bad. It really doesn't have to be.

It all depends on a other factors, but why stash Saturn away in the corner somewhere? It's exalted in Libra and has dignity by triplicity in diurnal charts. Mars has its issues in Libra, and in a diurnal chart Mars would tend to be the trouble-causing malefic, but Saturn is the superior planet, so exalted diurnal Saturn could probably keep Mars in check. BUT there so much to consider. Like the natal chart for the person entering into the business agreement.

Gem wrote:
why stash Saturn away in the corner somewhere?
Well then Kirk, would you have the 'courage' to put them in an angle in your election chart?
Absolutely. My reasons are in my first post.

So I'll go ahead and add: My toes curled when I read your "Malefics are malefics even though Saturn is dignified." :-? Way, way too simple. In my humblest of opinions, of course. :lol:

I think the person who will sign the contract has Sun in Acquarius with Capricorn ASC but I do not know much more. But even these two pieces of information highlight Saturn's importance.
It would be possible to choose a time when Libra is rising and thus keeping fixed sings on the angles, but would it be good for the business to have Saturn in the 1st house and Mars in the 12th? Or both in the 1st?

Gem wrote:You're right, I was too simplistic without taking the planetary phase and sect into consideration, though I must say your toes are rather too easily curled
They straighten out again easily enough.

The reason that Saturn and Mars are said to be ok when conjunct is that the extreme cold of one is tempered by the extreme heat of the other and vice versa. Maternus mentions this (pp 197-8) but then goes on to list some unfortunate results all in the context of natal astrology.

When this does occur in August there is a square aspect to the moon so maybe not so good for an election then.

Matthew