Almutens of Significators

Hello everyone,

I got R. Hand's translation of Schoener opus on Nativities for some time now (vol. 1, Arhat). He names many tropical almuten (azemen, substance, work, dignities, etc.). He list number of elements to use, such as House cusp (its lord), cosignificateur (a planet, and sometimes its lord), a lot and its lord and usually a lord of triplicity.

However, the number of elements he list is not the same for all, as one might have guest. For instance, almuten on death list two lots.

I have a question, should we stick to the list of elements he states for each almuten, or can someone try to "harmonise" them?

Thank you and best regards,
Regards,
François CARRIÈRE

As you may know, one thing, person or situation is signified by many significators (Houses, planets and Lots).

I will pick an example: the mother is signified by 10th, Moon, Venus and the Lot of Mother. If you see which planet holds the most dignities for them all, then this is the Almuten of Mother.

I don't know how Robert Hand approaches this, but this is how I do.
Last edited by Tzadde on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amor ordinem nescit.
Love does not know order.
- Saint Jerome -

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. In fact Hand does translate Schoener's book on nativities (part I). As far as I understand you, some "logic" is necessary on behalf of the astrologer's...
Regards,
François CARRIÈRE

Tzadde wrote:I don't know how Robert Hand approaches this, but this is how I do.
If memory serves me right Hand focuses on the Moon + Lot of the Mother in a nocturnal chart and on Venus + Lot of the Mother in a diurnal chart.

favro