New Moons discovered around Pluto

Fourth Moon discovered around Pluto

The cosmos loves irony. Five years after Pluto was stripped of its planet status, astronomers have discovered yet another moon in orbit around it, bringing its entourage to four.

- David Shinga, New Scientist, July 20.2011

Amy Willis at The Telegraph makes a point of refering to the mythological origin of the names of the other moons of Pluto, too.

Source: New Scientist, BBC, Space.com, Telegraph

Astrologically, this discovery is made as Pluto is 6 degrees Capricorn and in a pretty much exact sextile with Chiron, which I believe deals with crossing bridges and altering or expanding our state of consciousness. The two photo plates that were taken by the Hubble and revealed the previously unknown Pluto moon were taken on June 28. and July 3., and released on July 20.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astronor.com

ok

It does show the utter cluelessness of astronomy experts who said "pluto is a dwarf planet".

Pluto is a planet. It has the gravity to hold 4 bodies in orbit. It's not a dwarf planet. A gnome planet. Or an elf planet.

It's a planet. 8)

Fifth Moon discovered around Pluto

The 5th Moon of Pluto, P5, was found on photoslides taken by the Hubble in the period between June 26. - July 9. and the discovery was announced by NASA on Wednesday. This little planet continues to impress us! After being downgraded to a Dwarf Planet it appears he has quite an army out there with him. 8)
Sources: Aftenposten, Dagbladet
NASA image showing 3 of Pluto's Moons. Go to Dagbladet for more images.

It is marvelous that the Hubble is still making discoveries after being declared redundent so many years ago.
http://www.astronor.com

I'm utterly neutral on the subject of Pluto's status since I rarely use whatever it is but:
It has the gravity to hold 4 bodies in orbit.
This is what I was thinking. If it has sufficient mass to hold so many moons, it seems that it is either a planet, or it doesn't take all that much to hang on to multiple moons.