Significator for Blog

Hi everyone.

Which house would you take as significator of a blog? I thought 3rd house but then thought that it should be 2nd from the 10th (11th). 10th house as the persons job and the 11th as the assistance from this.

Geoffrey, I know you are going to mention 6th house as the job but in this case the person is his own boss so I would take this as 10th:)

Suggestions appreciated
Sue

Re: Signigicator for blog

arabianfundi wrote:Hi Paul
Thank you for the reply. It has been suggested that I need to start a website or blog. I do not want to go for a website at present so asked 'When should I start a blog?"

Sue
Sounds more like a question for electional astrology to me, if you want to go down that route. Otherwise I'd say 3rd or 10th like Cosmicdolphin suggests. Depends on the nature of the blog I guess.

Re: Signigicator for blog

arabianfundi wrote: It has been suggested that I need to start a website or blog. I do not want to go for a website at present so asked 'When should I start a blog?"

Sue
Hello Sue

Job.....? The question is essentially about the success of a blog. What is a blog? It is a forum for communication between you and the public, regardless of the reason for setting it up in the first place. Why go further than the radical 3rd?

I would agree with Paul that it sounds like an election chart would be a better approach than a horary. And a glance at your natal chart while you are at it might not go amiss...

Good luck,

Geoffrey

Significator of a blog

Hi Paul, Cosmicdolphin and Geoffrey

I feel I should go with 10th house rather than 3rd. The blog would be set up to attract clients and not just a means of communicating my thoughts, 3rd house matter. I am still open to suggestions though:)

Thank you all for your replies.
Sue

Hi Sue,

I would agree with Paul and Geoffrey as to an Election. When you asked: 'Should I start a blog (at all)?', then a Horary would fit, but as you (seem to be decided and) ask: 'When should I start a blog?', then an Election would match better and, if possible, in accordance with your Radix, as Geoffrey mentioned.

In my opinion a blog is not subject to the third OR the tenth houses. In fact the rulers of both houses, of the third AND the tenth, should be considered, because you want to communicate (third) with the public (tenth) and at the same time you want to communicate your profession (tenth) to the public.

Johannes

Significator for Blog

Hi Johannes, everyone!

This is a question that I asked quite some time ago, I decided to go back and look at this chart again from a different perspective. I have been working overseas for a couple of years and unable to do much astrology.

Yes, I agree an electional chart is the way to go for the actual date of start up.

Thank you all once again, your help is appreciated:)
Sue

Re: Significator of a blog

arabianfundi wrote:Hi Paul, Cosmicdolphin and Geoffrey

I feel I should go with 10th house rather than 3rd. The blog would be set up to attract clients and not just a means of communicating my thoughts, 3rd house matter. I am still open to suggestions though:)

Thank you all for your replies.
Sue
Hi Sue

yepp that is your answer

Good luck
CD

You may even want to look at the 2nd and its ruler, as well as the POF because in addition to a communication outlet this would be your way of advertising your services. As you said, you also want to attract customers, so your election may want to factor this in, depending on where you want to go with this blog. Then of course there's the customer's assets, the 8th and its ruler.