Has some one Cast a Spell on my father?

Background Information

This is an interesting horary.

Few months back my father was operated for a Prostate Gland and a kidney problem. Being the active man he loathed extended treatment and hospitalization. After the operation we observed a change in his behavior. He became obsessive and showed marked paranoid tendencies.

Few days back he gave me a long lecture in which he tried to prove that former servant of my brother is infact an international terrorist and a member of international kidnap group. He followed a chain of reasoning, which could be akin to, as if Alexander the Great was son of Plato and Socrates the Indian Mystic.

Few days back he complained that he feels that there are worms in his body that are also crawling on the floor. The details were not evident cause I am not always at home and people who suffered were my mother and sister. Every body has firm belief that some one has cast a spell on my father and even I second them, cause he acted as a match maker in relatives and arranged a marriage which I am sure has won him serious enemies. So, here is the horary.

Has some one cast a spell on my father? If yes then who is the culprit.

28th May 2007------07.55 p.m. Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
Ascendant---Sagittarius 17 degrees 25 minutes.

Some Classic Be-witching indications (William Lilly—Christian Astrology pp 464-65)

L12 in 6H
L6 in 12H
L1 in 12H or L12 in 1H
L8 in 1H or L1 in 8H
Saturn being L12 and L1 and situated in 12H Retrograde
Saturn being L12 and L1 and situated in 7H or 8H Retrograde
L1 combust
L1 unfortunate in 12H
L1 joined to L12
L10 afflict the L1 in 12H—the hand of God or some supernatural cause.
L1 Mars or Saturn and be in 12H, combust or infortunated by L12

L means Lord and H means House.

First of all I observe the Lord of 4th house is essentially and accidentally dignified Mars in 4th house. It describes my father, as he is a Martian but a very nice and tolerable one.

Moon is Via Combusta and is in square aspect with her dispositor Venus. The aspect is a mutual reception by house. Moon in Libra and going into Scorpio may describe the after effects of the operation. Interestingly he was operated for Prostate Gland when Moon was in Scorpio against all my advice that its not good to touch that part by surgical instrument when Moon is transiting a sign ruling that part of the body.

Out of above classic indication I observe that turned L12 is in turned 5th house and is not in turned 6th house.

Mars is not within his moiety of orbs to apply in Trine to turned L12 that is Saturn.(there is few degrees of difference)

L1 and L8 rule I disregard because Aries is turned First house and Scorpio is turned 8th house.

The closest aspect Mars could make is sextile with Sun who happens to be turned L6. The point to be noted is that L6 receives Mars and Mars doesn’t receive him.(so, his sickness can not harm him)

The next aspect Moon makes is trine with Mercury. Mercury is going from his sign to sign of Moon. Mercury is going to be weak and Mercury is Lord of turned 4th and turned intercepted 6th house. End of Matter, end of disease.

Conclusion

So, it is not the case of be-witching but operation which has gone wrong because the active brain of my father is showing the result of inactivity he had to bear. Point to be noted is that he has never been sick in his life, nor he has any heart trouble. This is the case of some psychiatric treatment and some need of activity.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Hi STJ,

I agree with your analysis. For spells etc. we would need to see evidence from his 12th house etc. Sounds like an unfortunate set of events around his operation, particularly having the operation with the Moon in Scorpio, which as you mention, is not a good time for the kind of operation he was having. Hopefully some physical exercise and perhaps a change in diet could help, as you suggest. Best wishes for his recovery.

Keren

Hi Keren--

Thanks for the wishes. But the situation is really dismal. My mother is staying at her brother home. I wished it should have been a Spell case cause it would have been much easier to deal with. Dignified Mars as his significator is quite revealing. He has always been a bundle of energy and i think that hospitalization has turned his energy inwards. I wanted to avoid Psychiatric case. Cause he is not mad but acting weird. And is thinking things which are not possible. A case of paranoid manic depressive. :-cry
Regards

Morpheus

Hi STJ,
I just wanted to tell you that many years ago after my father had a major surgery, he went into some kind of paranoid state with extreme hallucinations. It began the day after the surgery and it lasted a few days before he returned to normal. It was very extreme and very frightening for his family to see. What you describe sounds very very similar, except the timeframe. My father was elderly but very healthy, and the surgery was very very major, one they would not normally do on someone his age. He was brave, but he was never the same man after his operation. It caused vitamin deficiency and illness, and his vitality decreased. I relate to your post as my dad too was a very vital man, in a good way very much Sun/fire). The loss of vitality did lead him into a depression and then across 10 years into Alzheimers. The Alzhemiers did have a stages of parania and halluciniations as well.

I just wanted to wish you all the best, and I really hope you can get some good medical attention for him. I am of course not experienced enough with the horary, but I have looked at it with interest. Maybe you should try a medical one? I have wondered if it could be a reaction to medication for example. Even if you cant read a medical horary properly, you may be able to find the suspect planet and guess a cause, then you can take the idea to a doctor. (We did learn later off, that my fathers vitamin injections were not adequate, by dose and frequency, and now I know vitamin B deficiency is a stong link to Alzheimers, as has depression.)

I think. in medical astrologyl that a planet in its dignity is not necessarily well and happy. eg. Mar in Aries could have too much of a good thing, and therefore be unwell.

I wondered if the link (end of matter) to Mercury was a medication for him. I wonder if he IS depressed, and needs medication, before it leads to something worse.

Sincere wishes, Red Shoes

Hi Redshoes---

Since this was a personal horary i was anxious (and still am) that maybe i fail to analyse it correctly. I have listed all the possible indications of be-witching and then i have analysed. Your post gives me hope in a sense that it can happen as happened with your father. But believe me, since we havent seen any body behaving like such, we were out of hope. I am not well versed in Medical Astrology, even reading this horary was difficult due to objectivity issues. Thanks God, my father is entitled to life time army medical facilities. Even if he was not, my brother or sister position (they are in army) entitles him (the best in our city are army medical facilities). I can only provide for him private treatment which would not be reliaable. So, i am hopeful but to see some one suffering, to see the best brain going nuts is un-bearable.

In my father, i have seen my end. That makes me sad.
Regards

Morpheus

Hi Redshoes---

Thanks.

I have got two important points from your post.

Too dignified malefic can be too much for a sick person. HIs significator is Mars. It could mean too much heat. So, we need to cool down this heat.

Moons application to Mercury could mean that he needs Mercurial kind of herbs/medicine/treatment.

*Food for thought* :)
Regards

Morpheus

Yes its hard when we ask the question ourself (as my vocational chart proves).

Id be inclined to ask a new question, so the chart came out pure, and you may get an "answer" from it. You dont need a diagnoses, All you really need is a hint, so you can ask the doctor the right questions. Someone exprienced on this board, may step in, and see something.

I found your post heartbreaking to read. It is different to my fathers situation in that his intense delusional state was immediately post surgery. That is not overly common, but it _was_ understood by the medical teams at the time, and it was explained to us. We were just terrified watching it, so I completely understand how you must feel. In hindsight though, his surgery did lead on to bigger complications, slowly over a long period of time. And it has been a huge chapter of my life caring for my parents. In the end, no matter how hard it is, its rewarding if your attitude is strong.

Try to look at your dads natal chart along with any horary. It may help you see a pattern. Good luck.

Hi redshoes---

My father intense delusional state is also post surgery. There are doctors in my family but yes i have given the direction.

Moon at Libra 28. It is something to do with homeostatis and diet problem. I would have to consult that why he is not been given Yogurt as he always used in his life yogurt as staple diet. So, the plan has been worked out waiting execution.

Thanks. :)

P.s though by profession my father is aeronautical engineer, he was born in a rural area (where people dont record any thing) . We only have his month and date of birth. He happens to be Sun sign Aries and my experience says that he has Leo ascendant. (Leo ascendant is common in our family)
Regards

Morpheus

STJ. Im not sure if the Moon is a significator for him or you? Its been through via combusta and its next sign is Scorpio the sign of its fall. I would wonder if it would be more representative of your own worry/concern. Id probably be more inclined to Look for what is afflicting your dads main significator.

Perhaps post a medical question in a new thread, and ask for help/suggestions in reading that chart?

Redshoes---

Since the question totally concentrates on him and my only part was to post a question as a son, so i have used Moon for his indications. Moon becomes very significant in his case. Cause he was treated for Kidney problems and Prostate Gland. Kidney is ruled by Libra and Prostate Gland is ruled by Scorpio.

My condition? :lol: How about Jupiter Rx.
Regards

Morpheus

Yes I was just looking at that Jupiter retograding into the twelfth, kind of shows you wanting the truth but turning to a fear of "betwitching."

Its afflicting the Ascendant, so i wonder if its a hint that the chart may be a bit invalid --- for getting to the real truth of the matter, I mean?

Is the next aspect of Mars to the Sun? (I dont have an ephemeris handy so cant check.) Sun is Lord 9 and posited in the 6th. Sun receives Mars into exalatation. Sun is in strong Mercury dignities (sign and triplicity). Mercury is dignified, but about to change signs.

Looking at that I wondered if the Sun (lord 9 in 6th) is a doctor .... but i do have to keep reminding myself that the question for this chart was about bewitching, and so Im still not sure if we should use this chart. (Lord 9 in a cadent house could be showing something about beliefs for example).

I dont know STJ, I dont have the experience to help properly. I do however think you should get some new REAL LIFE medical opinions.

Redshoes---

I am thankful for all the help.

Basically it is a turned chart. 4th house would become ascendant for this horary. For refernce see William Lilly when he gives instructions on finding bewitching.

Jupiter has not afflicted the house. By using Regiomontanus rule he is in original chart first house. You are trying to analyse the chart from Original ascendant point, which would be bit inaccurate. Make 4th house ascendant and see houses from that perspective. :) . The 9th house you are referring is 6th turned. Yes, Sun would make an aspect with Mars.

---------

P.s My eldest sister is a doctor. I gave her my findings. Its up to her.
Regards

Morpheus