Goodwood 2012 Horse Racing

This week is the annual Goodwood festival. Between Tuesday and Saturday there are 13 class 1 races. For those not familiar with the classification, class 1 is for the top ranking (fastest, highest quality) horses and is split into three groups: 1, 2 and 3, with group 1 the best. The class 1 and class 2 races tend to run to form, and the betting is usually heavy, meaning that the odds are an accurate reflection of the opinion of the betting public, particularly the professional betters. As we move down to the lower end, particularly class 4 or below, form often has less effect and the betting is quite light, so a few large bets can distort the market.

In my racing research, I have focused on class 1 races. I notice that a number of the races Andrew has had some success in, have been class 4, 5 or 6. It might be that astrology has more effect lower down the scale, and class 1 is dominated by form with astrology being less accurate. Alternatively it might be the other way round :) In any case, I think we should note the class of race being predicted so we can look out for differences.

Goodwood starts on Tuesday with three class one races. I will share my thoughts on some of the races in another post.

For reference, Goodwood racecourse is at 50N54 0W45

Graham

Tuesday 31 July. Goodwood 50N54 0W45. Class 1, group 3 race at 14:35 BST

Asc 14SC13, MC 0VI30, Hour of Mars, PoF 23AR27, 5th cusp Placidus 2AR23, Regiomontanus 2AR13, Campanus 23PI11

The Campanus cusp and the PoF apply to square/sextile Venus at 24GE00. This suggests Michelangelo (the current favourite). Possibly more thoughts later.