New translation of bk. 1 of Three Books of Occult Philosophy

Renaissance Astrology has just released my new translation of the first book of "Three Books of Occult Philosophy".

First published in 1533, TBOP is one of the most influential books on the occult and astrological magic. Up to this point the 17th century J.F. translation represented the sole English translation. J.F.'s translation has been problematic despite more recent attempts to clean it up and add commentary.

My new translation is based off the 1990 Compagni Latin critical edition. I've corrected many of the errors from the J.F. edition, Tyson edition, and added over 1000 footnotes showing deviations from previous editions and bibliographical citations, as much of Agrippa's work is actually word for word citations from other books. Plus of course, this is written in 21st century English.

This is only the first book for now. Books 2 and 3 will follow over the next year or so. It is available from the Renaissance Astrology website, and in a couple of months on Amazon. It's a little less on Renaissance Astrology's website.

http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/ast ... html#tbop1

Andrew Bevan wrote:I have No.5 of a limited to 500 leatherbound edition of Agrippa's Fourth Book of Occult Philosophy, Askin Publishers Ltd 1978. There is a lot of astrology to be found in these works that is for sure! :)

Well done! :'
Thanks!

By the way, while it's a good book, Agrippa almost certainly had nothing to do with the "Fourth Book". That doesn't mean it should be disregarded though.