The Nature Of An Aspect

I am curretly reading Bonatti's "Book Of Astronomy", and came across a passage which reads"

"In addition, so you may know there are seeds in it,if the season be right for it, look then to the Lord of the 7th house; if he were to aspect the 7th, there will be seed in which the owner of the earth may hope to recover for his own use".

Now, I took this to mean that the Lord of the 7th, were simply posited in a house that provided a normal aspect pattern, as in Sextile, two houses away, and NOT that the actual degree of the Lord hit the actual degree of the house cusp.

Am I correct in this assumption?????

Thanks, that's how I read it.
I know that sounded like a dumb question, as if I can't read plain english, but he does, in other places, appear to distinguish between the two:

"And then look to the Ascendant and it Lord, and the Moon, (who are the universal significators of the Querant)".

That statement implies look at the zodiacal Ascendant, then at the traditional ruler as two separate entities, but nowhere have I read him actually using the actual degree of the Ascendant, except in reference to fixed stars.

Just trying to make sure I understand the man.... :lol: