When I read the prediction I chuckled and forgot about it.

Now I'm thinking, well, the 4th house is "history" and computers store your past. They function as archives. A computer is basically memory.

computer's and the 4th house?

Honestly I would think that computer's and it's technology would definately be a 3rd house issue all the way. It's a cerebral house, due to Gemini, but also is it not a writer/information house as well? Short trips, neighbors, possibly gossip, and a bit electrical too?

Just my dos centavos for my first post here! :-T
Scorpioasc 8)
(February 19, 1964 11:30pm PST Los Angeles, CA)

Evil thrives where good men do nothing.

I assumed computers were 3rd house as well, and certainly some of their functions are.

But the more I think about it, computers have 4th house properties. When our telephone breaks we don't lose our past conversations. Computer memory IS the computer. If it goes, our computer is worthless. We can back up our files on "memory" sticks. Maybe I'm mistaken in thinking 4th house has anything to do with archives, records, files, ect., but a computer is very valuable property, much more so than other 3rd house things.

Minor techie point. Traditionally, memory has indicated the relatively high speed memory storing temporary results of calculations. This seems pretty straight-up 3rd house. Storage (eg disks), on the other hand, has been used to designate relatively persistent data. That strikes me as pretty 4th house. And is consistent with the OP's experience.

- Ed

Ed F wrote:Minor techie point. Traditionally, memory has indicated the relatively high speed memory storing temporary results of calculations. This seems pretty straight-up 3rd house. Storage (eg disks), on the other hand, has been used to designate relatively persistent data. That strikes me as pretty 4th house. And is consistent with the OP's experience.

- Ed
Bingo. Storage is the term I should have used. Thanks!

Lakewind, this is generally a modern astrology fallacy to consider 4th = Cancer. 4th is co-signified by Sun and Cancer. Co-signification is not the same with rulership. Therefore, a House is ruled by the planet which rules the Sign the said House is in.
Amor ordinem nescit.
Love does not know order.
- Saint Jerome -