Cazini with inferior or superior?

I read the Benjamin Dykes book ? introductions to traditional Astrology; Abu Ma?shar & al-Qabisi? and between the pages 97 and 107 he talk about (Abu Ma?shar & al-Qabisi ) the phases of inferiors and superiors .
My questions is:
- what do you thing about the term ?Cazini? ?
- can I use this term ?cazini? or ?in the heart? for the inferior planets ?
thanks every body for your answer.

In Helios' heart

Good afternoon,

Concerning the word 'cazimi', see footnote 26 on page 97 of the in my humble opinion excellent book referred to.

The answers to the other queries may be found on the prior pages 95 - 96.

We read on page 95 that 'kasmimi' (Arabic) is possible with all planets AND that very close conjunction (16' or less of arc) by BOTH ecliptic latitude and longitude are required. With the faster moving inner planets Aphrodite and Hermes such an event will be of quite short duration compared to the 'heavy' outer planets. This may be the reason that no explicit mention is made of it on pages 101 and subsequent.

In practice the kasmimi is very rare. In the charts worked on personally i have not yet encountered one. However, a professional astrologer with 25 years experience said he found a kasmimi once in a natal chart.

By the way, analogies (basic delineations) of the stations (1st and 2nd are different!) and of retrograde movement are found on page 107.

Best regards,

lihin
Non esse nihil non est.