The bad news for prophecy believers? If the calendar doesn't end in December 2012, no one knows when it actually will ? or if it has already.
Did the world end already? I'm confused.

When people talk about the end of the world I always think about Terry Pratchett's Hogfather - if people stop believing in him the Sun won't rise the next morning and everything will cease to be.
Asked at the end of the story what would have happened if they hadn't saved the Hogfather, Death is insistent that the Sun would not have risen. What would have happened instead asks his granddaughter? "A mere ball of flaming gas would have illuminated the world".

Tery Pratchett is brilliant. Here's some of his best lines:
  • The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.

Well they don't want us to see it coming, do they? It doesn't matter what scientists comes up with now because the date of the Mayan Long Count Calendar end is already so deeply rooted in the collective subconscious and the process is already ongoing - just look around you!

And all this nonsense talk about an apocalypse, I'm surprised if people here buy it. Now if change of seasons would be seen as an apocalypse then may be it, because that's very much what I understand it to be like - only in a much bigger scale and primarily on a more mental level.

A friend of mine sent me this link to a quite interesting PDF document. As I understand it's more than 10 years old but still makes lots of sense. Though I would share it here as good info too easily drawn in media and hype noise. It has some interesting parts that I'm currently is researching and writing an article around.

And Deb, that's the whole point of it - you are supposed to get :-? or you will see it coming, in time. Although, in the end it's only a battle between forces and by help of Astrology we can easily spot who is superior to the other, can't we?
/Joakim

Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun every year.

http://www.astrocalc.com