I'm doing Robert Zoller's DMA course, and he gives a translation of Ptolemy's method from the Tetrabiblos and of Bonatti's method as described in Liber Astronomiae. He then gives his interpretation of these translations.

Yuki

Yukionna wrote:I'm doing Robert Zoller's DMA course, and he gives a translation of Ptolemy's method from the Tetrabiblos and of Bonatti's method as described in Liber Astronomiae. He then gives his interpretation of these translations.

Yuki
Hi Yuki,
I've read their methods but i don't understand the methods
Ptolemy
there are two modes of prorogation, one into succeeding signs when the prorogator may be in oriental place( ASC to MC), this mode is only to be used . The other mode extends into signs preceding the prorogator, called horary proportion. When the prorogator may be in any place receding from MC, both modes of prorogation are adopted.
What if the prorogator is ASC or Part of Fortune ?

In prorogation mode into signs preceding, the only aneretic degree is is that of the Western horizon(7th house)

What are the horary times proper to each degree?

How do the the benefics increase the prorogation, but the malefics diminish it; and Mercury assists the influence of either party with which he may be configurated?

How do you find the aneretic place?

Thanks

Hi,
How do you find the aneretic place?
Do you mean the Anareta?

There's a table, you have to find the Almuten of the following places:
1. Asc
2. Ruler of Asc
3. Part of Death
4. Ruler of Part of Death
5. 4th house
6. Ruler of 4th house
7. Triplicityruler of 4th house
8. 8th sign from the Sun (or Moon in a night chart)
9. Ruler of 8th sign

The planet with the most points is the Anareta.

I'm sorry, but I cannot answer any of the other questions, as I'm still practicing the basics of the method of determining the length of life: finding the Hyleg, determining the Alcocoden, judging the strength of planets in aspect with the latter and thereby coming to an approximate length of life. Presuming one has done a good job at that, the fine tuning must be done by using primary directions, of which I have no knowledge whatsoever. I'm waiting for Martin Gansten's book on PD to arrive and hope I'll be able to learn this method of prediction. Did you search the traditional board? There might be someone able to help..it's a traditional method after all.

Yuki