As the child as the 'subject' of the adoption is not a future partner or just only another person (house 7), but is the child of another person (the 5th from the 7th), the child is signified by the 11th and its Lord.

Johannes

What is the question?

If you see the child as goods to be transacted, and one hopes that you would not, then it is Lord 8. However, in the sense that it is your child, adopted or not, then it is Lord 5 as usual.

Unless you are asking in a more general way of someone else's adopted child, in which case it is the fifth from the house that pertains to that someone else, so probably the 5th from the 7th.

johannes susato wrote:Assumed the question (and this was my understanding of CD' s question) were by the adopting parents: whether to adopt a child at all or a child already known to them?
Right but I'd still treat it as though it were there child. The child in question is probably going to be Lord 5. Depends on the question though I guess.

Hi all

Thanks.

I am just looking at one PDF that says that a child to be adopted is 7th house. I had a VERY tough time with this and after finding a story about a heartbreak of a parent, it totally ended up to be more confusing. She went somewhere and tried to adopt a 12 year old, everything was fine UNTIL she went to court to formalize the documents. The child had a meltdown, he said to the judge that he didnt want to be adopted (he is an orphan and 100% legal to be adopted) because he was leaving his friends behind. There was nothing the judge could do. So someone else on the blog said that there are countries that the judge take 12 year old's opinions even against any kind of logic as valid and turn down the petition for an adoption. In most countries a minor is a minor and 12 year old goes to the parent after the judge says Ok.

so astrologially speaking, if she had asked "will i adopt a child from xxx country?," which house would represent the child? 7th/11th/or jupiter?
And after adoption, does the child flip to be 5th house?

puzzling,
CD

cosmicdolphin wrote:Hi all

so astrologially speaking, if she had asked "will i adopt a child from xxx country?," which house would represent the child? 7th/11th/or jupiter?
And after adoption, does the child flip to be 5th house?

puzzling,
CD

Hello Cosmic Dolphin:

Please always remember that a child, (whether from a natural birthbirth or from an adoption) is always a CHILD ! Therefore, in horary astrology, the 5th house is ALWAYS assigned to one's children.

If you are talking about the children of a common-law spouse or partner who also has legal custody of their kids, then give them the 11th house.

A child can never be assigned to the 7th house, UNLESS lol you buy into the late Joan McEver's foolish theory that the child is somehow "equal" to the parent(s).

So yeah, if you buy into Ms. McEvers arrogantly titled book, "The Only way to learn Horary and Electional Astrology " then yes, go ahead and make your child your partner, your equal or even your best friend, (as symbolized by the 7th house?)

The problem is this: your child is NOT your friend, or even your buddy... He or she is your CHILD, a traditional 5th house matter and assignment for well over 600 years !)

By the way, that 5th house designation is never diminished... even by today's family court judges who shamelessly (as you point out) pander to and suck up to 12 year olds and the parental authority of most parents are literally thrown under the bus...

all the best,

R.J. Smith
Fool if you think it's over
'cos you said goodbye
Fool if you think it's over
It's just begun !
(Fool) by Chris Rea, 1978
www.rj-smith.ca

Paul wrote:
johannes susato wrote:Assumed the question (and this was my understanding of CD' s question) were by the adopting parents: whether to adopt a child at all or a child already known to them?
Right but I'd still treat it as though it were there child. The child in question is probably going to be Lord 5. Depends on the question though I guess.
Interesting, Paul, this reminds me of Lilly (CA, p.219. . .) answering the question: "If I should purchase Master B. his houses." without turning the chart (page 220):
"[...] Saturn, Lord of the fourth, viz. the houses enquired after, [...]."

Hi all

Thanks, everyone!

RJ. the reason why I thought of 7th house for a second even though it didnt make any sense is because of what I wrote from someone's blog.
11th house for it is someone else's child.

Johannes susato,
that is exactly what I was asking/wondering. Does it change when a child is known or unknown?

"should we adopt *named child*?"
"should we adopt a child from blahblahblah country's orphanage?"

cheers everyon1
CD

11th is the joy of Jupiter, the general significator of children, so there is a connection. Also, in nativities children can be signified by both 5th and 11th.

And no, really doesn't matter what are the words of the question, what matters is the intention, the search for an answer. It is the child that you are interested in, not his name or his origin.
Amor ordinem nescit.
Love does not know order.
- Saint Jerome -