Tiggy, have you recently reread Schoener, Maternus, Al-Kindi, and Al-Khayyat? In each of these texts the authors make almost no distinction between the sexual preferences and activities of women and men re: Mars/Venus configurations.

In fact, I'm highly surprised that you would take such an antagonistic view to works that are overly analytical at worst, and benign but insightful at best. Perhaps you are angered by terms such as 'lecherous', etc, despite the fact that the authors clearly attribute such qualities to women AND men. Also remember that no translation is perfect...often, translators have to the best they can with what they have to work with.

Then again, this is an internet forum, so I suppose it's not such a big deal. Who cares what people do with their gonads? One of the things I like most about a lot of ancient texts is that they share this non-interfering, non-patriarchal sort of neutrality.

To get back to the original topic it's clear that Mars in Venus's signs, Venus in Mars's signs, and configurations involving those planets point to natives with powerful sexual appetites. Notice I am avoiding the use of the hot-button term unfaithfulness.

i agree with twiggy as well on the idea of some of the older astrology being negative towards women. i think she used a few example with the arabic/greek lots.. women haven't had equal rights with men historically and i think it is reflected in some of the older historical astro texts we see when reading it too. that is my 2c .