should we re-bid on our dream home?

Backstory:

This is my dream home. I have no idea why nobody else loves it - it's been on the market for 50 days, now 55 days and the sellers have already moved out. Our agent believes it is because it is so "unusual" in that it would likely only appeal to those with a strong creative bent - has no formal dining area, has radiant floor heating and bamboo ceiling, it has a beautiful kitchen but a high bar area, etc. I totally disagree - I love this house exactly because it's been beautifully designed by named architects at that. It's a very high price but not outrageous as it was assessed by the city for the list price in 2012.

We saw it when it first went on the market and I loved it then, as it's been a nightmare for us finding anything else, we saw it was still on the market and I still love it. We made an offer yesterday that was countered today. Our strong offer included NO contingencies and a sizeable amount in earnest money and closing in 3 weeks as quickly as possible.

It's scary for us but we are not paying any mortgage as we close on the sale of our house this Friday. My father in law is helping us with the cash needed between the price of the loan and our offer price. The biggest issue for us is making sure that financially we are totally good for the loan amount - I work for myself as a 1099. The bank is saying we are subject to final underwriting approval but everything looks in order to do. the monthly mortgage is less than our current one and it's a bigger house. Because it's in the same neighborhood and we can transition into it, it's a perfect match.

Our belief is that they put so much money into redoing a house they love and they must be in a very strong financial position that they want to get back the money they put into the renovations after 13 years. As well, they believe their house is worth the list price (which I understand and don't know they are wrong about).

As we have 60 days of free rent back before we need to leave our current home, we have until mid May to look for a new home. Our plan is to go back and extend the same offer and see if at that time they may be more receptive.

I have a couple of thoughts here and not sure if it's possible to tell off this chart or whether I should cast a new one - the 2 questions I have are:

- whether this house is going to work out for us because if it looks very pessimistic, I think that we should just move on since we do have to find a home or rental in 60 days.

-Should I and if I do, ask my mother to lend us the cash needed to go up more but still less than their counter. My mom likely has the money to lend but I have not spoken with her in 3+ years. I suspect - it's just a feeling - that it may just be enough or I suppose "easier" for them to say yes. Or wishful thinking on my part??

I notice on this chart that jupiter is in detriment (I'm taking Jup ruler of H7 to rep sellers) and mercury rising to signify us (merc in detriment gemini). This may illustrate their plight as having 2 houses on their hands and this house still on the market to who knows when and us being in a weak position where we simply cannot afford their list price and actually this house is frankly out of our budget from that reality. I also see that there is no contact between Jup/Merc (obviously we both have agents and I know in horary there is emphasis on moon, significator, etc etc) but is that some sort of signal that our 2 parties are not on the same wave length? As I'm a novice, does the mutual reception mean anything however?

It looks like sun is in its fall in aries - sun signifying communications - both our agents may not be up to par? Their agent probably should market their home to design conscious people and my agent it seems does not know a great deal about the mortgage lending stuff. Furthermore, moon is in aries very aptly describing my emotional state with respect to my approach and feeling to this house. I am determined! I very much feel that this is my house.

I realize that jupiter in a cadent house is not likely to move fast. Wondering how predicting timing works. Is there a way to figure out if 2-3 weeks may see the sellers more willing to negotiate?

At the first glance and not having read your judgement I think this chart looks rather promising:

The Moon (you) translates the light from Jupiter (the seller) to the Sun (the house), thus connecting you with the seller and your future house.

You and the house are received in the eleventh (your mother's money) by Mars, its significator, and he, being conjunct first with the Moon, and then with the Sun, shows that the money of the Mother would help you to the house.

And as the Sun is also the significator of the third house, the dialogue and communication, the dialogue with your mother is forecast too.

What makes me wonder is that you are so lost in detriment and fall in the house of the price, and at the same time so very strong received by Mars in his triplicity, term and face!

Johannes

Re

Thank you Johannes for the vote of confidence :). I'm perplexed by your last observation of fall in price and dignity of mars.

I am full of doubt as to whether my mother would even consider lending money as we've been out of touch as stated there is a huge rift between us.

To the first poster - no - this is separate from horary about selling our home as we close Friday so that is done. This is a new event I'd think about whether this house is our new one. If I'm mistaken please let me know!

As for insights into how we could get this home without offering list price - I can only say that I am obsessed with having this house. My history is that when I focus so much energy on something I stand s good chance of getting a result because I really am nuts I think of nothing else :) because of my line of work I have seen evidence that sometimes I will things to happen. It's not 100% it works out but sometimes I can just make shit happen so to speak. From where in my natal this is shown I don't know. Maybe Pluto conj Venus in Venus H 6? I don't know. I also have sat conj Uranus trine sat. I don't have many aspects in my natal actually but anyway that's my story :)

I welcome all insights!

starlightstarbright wrote:
It looks like sun is in its fall in aries - sun signifying communications - both our agents may not be up to par?
(emphasized by me)

Sun is in its exaltation in Aries. Does it change your original post?

starlightstarbright wrote:
As I'm a novice, does the mutual reception mean anything however?
Few years back a discussion on receptions took place in skyscript. I have tried my best to locate it but failed. In one of the post, Tom (most probably) said that when two significators are in mutual reception but are in their fall or detriment its like " two drunkards trying to help each other"
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Horatio - thank you - my error about sun in fall - I'm very happy to know that it is exalted in Aries. I am tired :)

Still perplexed about mars being so strong and yet the price is in fall. Could it be possible the house is overpriced or we are really overextending to make this purchase? The latter does not seem so - while we have to borrow a lot of money from my mom and father in law to make this work - the actual loan amount at today's interest rate in fact would be a lower monthly than our current mortgage. That does not mean we will continue to be as financially stable as we were when we were in this home of course but it seems as if the loan amount is within our budget everything being equal.

I am concerned about this observation as mentioned - in going for this house we are presenting a strong offer which means we have no contingencies to back out of it and are committed to go forward if our offer is accepted.

I have studied this chart for some time and have some questions I believe I cannot answer because of my lack of experience. I simply have not read enough charts :) So our offer was not accepted. However, I am not giving up!

I see that there is mutual reception between Mercury/Jupiter where both are in detriment. Merc signifying me (asc) and as it were the house (H4) while Jup rep the price pf the home (H10) and sellers (H7). I would like to imagine this bodes well for my question of things looking positive for me to get this home because we are helping them by saving them from paying $$$ on a house they don't need and they are helping us if they accept our budget limitations. The house is very aptly described by pisces - it's a artistic home. Merc also squares asc. Moon is also separating from Merc. Jupiter in a cadent house signifying the sellers are slow moving. Merc in 10H signifying I can't move fast enough! :)

In order to offer more money for this house - and I really do understand why they aren't accepting our offer - I have to ask my mother who would also be represented by H7 Jup - in detriment also in H12. I see that POF is in the 12H and from what I read it could mean good because it's "secret" luck or it could be bad because I think in horary 12H is not so good when secrets are considered.

Mercury is void which presents a problem - doesn't that signify perhaps house out of reach for us? But I look at the mutual reception and I would imagine that might work in our favor?

The moon in Aries is a good description for my emotions about this house. It is my dream home. In H11 hopes and dreams confirming my feeling on this.

The down payment money is to come from my father in law, the net proceeds of our current house sale and our savings. The gift money then would be rep by H8 I would think which Sat rules. Sat sits in H5 but it doesn't to me look like it's going to impact - or maybe it does impact us but I don't know the significance of 150 degrees in horary (it sits 150 from both jupiter and moon will be there aspecting that too). I imagine if the same in natal, that causes some tension but it's not outright bad or outright good? Sat trines neptune, planet of illusions which is ruler of 10H - unsure if that is important?

So outright, I'm going to say so far, this house is not going to be ours. And of course the offer was not accepted.

Here's where my questions lie and it gets more interesting:

I have not talked with my mom but I can only think of her as a last person to ask for money from. She would be signified by either H7 or H8 - I'm thinking H8 since she's family. Sat is probably weak since it's in retrograde. I just don't know enough about interpreting saturn in this case. I do see that H3 communication signified by sun is sextile asc and not too far from moon. I take that to be a good sign.

Whether she would lend us the money and how much she is willing to lend is something that I don't really want to find out unless I believe this is worth a shot in asking. Either for a positive response from her and/or a positive response from the sellers for this house. I'm doubtful she can get us to the price the sellers want but we could come close to it. Jupiter is in fall if she's to be considered as the H7 ruler however so I have to believe the result would not work out. There is one thing - mutual reception works in my favor in that I know she would likely be receptive in talking since I know she desires to connect with my 2 little ones who she has never seen and who she wants to know.

Beside this, there are a couple additional questions I have which I'm not certain this chart can answer and I'm not certain I can pull the info from this chart - they include:
1. Might there come a time in the short term (as in before mid May ideally - when we have to figure out where we want to be) where the sellers may be more apt to receive our offer?
2. Is it possible to figure out if the home will sell in the short term - knowing that - we can either choose to move on or continue to figure out a way to stall for time in order to try to buy this home.
3. Even getting the right amount of money and our offer accepted, not sure if the house will land in our hands if according to this chart, mercury rep the house is void.

StarLight....... said:
Sat trines neptune, planet of illusions which is ruler of 10H - unsure if that is important?
*this is in regard to parts of this post I deleted after two great artists, Horatio and Johannes showed me I was in error which they were correct about I had accidently in my tired state, wrongfully misjudged the 11th for the 10th*

And Neptune is used by John Frawley yet not as house cusp lord or ruling the matter, or any house cusp, as I understand from my horary siblings, but Traditionalist omit the aspects to Outers(Ur, Nep, Pl) and rely on pre 1700 methods.

Starlight, this is an extremely long Saturn-like or Jupiter inspired thorough post that shows a lot of intelligience but you might see how it May effect others being so long in the following website with Tom Hanks the actor playing Forest Gump, got to see the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Y_4WqZg7o

And No, you are extremely intelligent but like Forest Gump some may think you are doing over kill in this *Long* post, maybe too much at one time, but others will see it their own way due to their natal postions and education.

What a natal Mercury or lord of the 3H some folks have here!

Look in CAII, chapter XXXIII(33), Of Buying and Selling Lands, Houses, Farmes, &c, page 203 found on website:

http://mithras93.tripod.com/books/books.html
Give the Ascendant and Lord thereof, and Planet from whom the Moon is separated to the Querent or Buyer
1)What is the Traditionalist heavenly body(excludes Outers) that Luna last separated from?
Give the 7th house the Lord thereof, and the planet to whom the Moon applyes to the Seller
2)As you so stated it is Zeus(Jupiter) and here comes that fickle planet, the Moon, casting a little more than 62 degrees to Zeus(Jupiter), lord of the 7H, the seller, and as our mentor Lilly says what about the first aspect Luna is going to make?

Now others on our *symbolic* Horary Football team, or Rugby, or Soccer team are going to join in and enjoy the game, we wish you to win upon this matter.

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men truly know how little they know
Last edited by Clinton Soule on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Quote:
Sat trines neptune, planet of illusions which is ruler of 10H - unsure if that is important?

Starlight....., Saturn can Not rule your 1oth in this horary as according to the map you presented aries is the 10th, Not Aqu or Cap.
The Chart shows MC to be at 29 degrees and 49 minutes of Aquarius. So, technically Saturn rules the 10th house.
Last edited by Morpheus on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Clinton Soule wrote:
Starlight....., Saturn can Not rule your 10th in this horary as according to the map you presented the Ram is the 10th, Not the Waterbear or the Serpetine goat.

And Neptune is used by John Frawley yet not as house cusp lords or ruling the matter as I understand from my horary siblings, but Traditionalist omit the aspects to Outers(Ur, Nep, Pl) and rely on pre 1700 methods.
Clinton, you should consider that the MC leans to the right and is in fact at the very end of Aquarius.

As to John Frawley your are right, he claims to use Uranus, Neptun and Pluto quasi as fixed stars and only when they are very near to the angles.

Johannes