Manchester City Football Club

Following the news that Manchester City Football Club (MCFC) is poised to become the richest club team in the world following the impending acquistion by a Middle East company in Abu Dhabi, I thought I should post up some historical data.

Whilst there is a gap in Premier League fixtures, if anyone has any views on this astrologically, I detail the information known to me.

MCFC formed in 1880 as West Gorton St Mary's FC.
They became Ardwick FC in 1887. They joined the Football League in 1892, in Division 2.

10/9/1892 was the first league game, away to Northwich, they won 0-3.
First home game was against Burslem Port Vale, Monday 12/9/1892, they won 2-0.

The team became MCFC in 1894 following Ardwick FC having financial difficulties.
4/4/1894, they applied to join the Lancashire Football Association. They became a Limited Company on 13/4/1894, which was registered on 16/4/1894.

MCFC first league game was away to Bury, 1/9/1894, lost 4-2.
First home game to Bolton 3/9/1894, drew 1-1.

They moved to Maine Road in 1923 and then onto the City of Manchester Stadium following the Manchester Commonwealth Games in 2002.

Any suggestions on an appropriate Chart for MCFC?

Well, while I favour ManU to be ruled by Scorpio, I do like to match ManC with Cancer and Libra.

Charts? You might want to look at the New Moon at 16AR21 on April 4. 1894 at 04.00 GMT. This is the New Moon of the year. It is a total Solar eclipse and the preceeding syzygy to their registration as a Limited Company. There seems to be quite a lot of changes going on in the club in the month of April 1894. The eclipse cast its sextile to the radical ascendant at 17AQ57.

However, I do think we are looking for something else...
http://www.astronor.com

It may be of interest that the relocation to Maine Road in 1923 had Uranus trining the Uranus position of 1894.
The Maine Road ground was subsequently seen by MCFC supporters to provide them with their true home and would have provided a new identity when the relocated.
85 years later and one Uranus cycle on, the club has new owners and the prospect of another identity being created.

Uranus cycle! That's a great observation, John!
Aquarius is on the ascendant in the eclipse chart, by the way!

Cancer is Manchester according to Bills. If United is Scorpio and the Big Brother, I wonder whether my theory of Libra for City could find any merit in the fact that Libra was once a part of Scorpio.

We shall do some more digging. What is the most important chart for a team? How important is the chart for the home stadium and the manager?
http://www.astronor.com

Just been digging up more data.

Mark Hughes born Wrexham, Wales, 1st November 1963.

City of Manchester Stadium first opened for the Commonwealth Games 25 July 2002

First MCFC game at the stadium - friendly against Barcelona 10/8/03
First competitive game, UEFA Cup match against TNS 14/8/03
First league game against Portsmouth 23/8/03.

You would need the very original formation of a club. I would think the name changes would be incorporated into this chart. Only if the club ceased to be would you be able to start a new chart.

Ardwick did cease, by financial difficulties I understand they went into liquidation. New owners and a new company were set up, which is the reason why I believe the new club had to register with their County Asociation (Lancashire) and then it was for the Football League to decide whether they should continue in the League, in place of Ardwick. The history, is somewhat vague, in that some accounts say there was a name change to attract greater support and also that creditors of Ardwick had to be paid in order for Manchester City to be created.

I think this pattern of small football teams being successful and then becoming part of the Football League only to fold/cease/liquidate was down to the upsurge of interest in the game in a relatively short period of time. This seems to have created the closure of several old teams and the emergence of the teams that we see today.

Over recent years I believe many teams have carried on unaltered but behind the scenes new companies have formed, the legal ownership having changed but the 'face' of the team remaining unchanged, without any need to re-register as a team or reapply to join a league. Other non -league teams (formerly League teams), such as Halifax and Boston, have ceased and reapplied to join with new owners for the team to be allocated a league significantly lower than the one they were in when they ceased.

Coming back to MCFC, the various supporters groups say the club was formed in 1887, when Ardwick was created out of the merging of two local teams.