Froch vs Bute

Hello, everyone!

I haven't been here for a while, but I came back - though I don't know how long - and I have exercised my talent with a boxing match, the one between Lucian Bute and Carl Froch. I got the result right, but I won't disclose it before some folks make their guess about the winner. So I'll post the chart for the sake of the exercise.
Who won and why? :) To those who already know the score, please don't disclose the winner. Thank you.

Good luck and don't cheat!
Amor ordinem nescit.
Love does not know order.
- Saint Jerome -

Okay, than why there are Mystery Charts over the Skyscript forum? Also, I noticed some of the forum's members forecasted the outcomes of various contests without knowing the final score (before the matches' happenings, though). Like monthly football predictions and Eurovision...
:arrow: So why is this topic different by those above mentioned?

Anyway, I will do as you wish (although I don't believe it is fair).

I always put the host team on the Asc and the guest team on the Desc. This means Froch (as host) is Asc and Bute is Desc.

Capricorn is rising, so Saturn and Mars share the same power (the Asc is in the exaltation and face of Mars), but because the chart is nocturnal and Mars is closely aspecting the Asc, I assigned Mars as the principal Lord of Asc.
Cancer is setting, so the Moon and Jupiter are the candidates, but only one of them should signify Bute. As you can see, the Moon is in Leo, so she can't see Cancer, therefore she is not the significatrix of Bute. Thus Jupiter is the main Lord of Desc.

The Moon shows the public, and her being in 7th is a clear indication of Bute being a favorite.

Mars is in Hayz and in participant triplicity, so he already has an advantage. Jupiter is in extra-conditionem and peregrine, so he doesn't have the skills to match Mars'. Another point is his conjunction with Algol, which shows loss of prestige and destruction of status. Bute was highly regarded as a champion, this being shown by his conjunction with IC, his derived MC (10th from 7th).

These significators alone aren't enough. I am looking for MC as the victory for Asc and IC as Descendant's victory.
With MC in Scorpio, you can already see that Asc is going to be a clear winner. For IC, you can take Venus as the last resort, because the Moon is already significatrix of the public. Comparing Mars to Venus, it is obvious (yes, it was obvious even before the match happened) that Mars is the winner, because Venus is peregrine and retrograde. Also, her position in Bute's 12th House may be translated as "loss of victory".

By all these testimonies, the Asc wins. Therefore, Froch wins. And so it proved.
Last edited by Tzadde on Thu May 31, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amor ordinem nescit.
- Saint Jerome -

Okay, than why there are Mystery Charts over the Skyscript forum? Also, I noticed some of the forum's members forecasted the outcomes of various contests without knowing the final score (before the matches' happenings, though). Like monthly football predictions and Eurovision...
So why is this topic different by those above mentioned?

Anyway, I will do as you wish (although I don't believe it is fair).
I believe I agree with you and I like to participate and I leave a great number of articles for others that I hope they will either enjoy, learn from or participate in the discussion.

As a professional astrologer with services sometimes open from 8 a.m. until 23 p.m in the evening, I was probably stressed by the mixture of business and pleasure. I think people are scared of making mistakes or making a fool of themselves - and the art of judging contests is certainly difficult enough for many of us.

I am grateful for you sharing you understanding on this chart and I do hope you put money on it and won the bet! :'
http://www.astronor.com

I hope you don't mind me asking questions now that I have had time to study your work in better detail.
I always put the host team on the Asc and the guest team on the Desc. This means Froch (as guest) is Asc and Bute is Desc.
Why did you give the guest the ascendant? I am glad you provided the answer because I am not sure I could have seen the difference. Your introduction quotes Bute against Froch, while the chart says Froch vs. Bute. Neither do I know enough about boxing to know who was the favourite or title holder - so I would have been certain to get this one wrong. :(
http://www.astronor.com

I'm not sure whether it was a technical victory, because Froch was very fast and precise with his hits. Bute actually couldn't move at all for the first four rounds, then in the fifth Froch won with a KO, being very aggressive and very fast against his opponent. Many people said - after the end of the match - that was the old school boxing winning over the modern boxing.

Virgo is the house of Mercury, and with Mars there we can think of speed and precision, because there is a combination of Mars and Mercury, as Mars is aspecting his dispositor in his other house. Also, Virgo is very fond of old school fashion in any field... As for Bute's inability to move, I think this fits with Jupiter in the fixed Sign. Ah, and Algol is about "losing one's head"; Bute received most of the hits in his head or around there...
Amor ordinem nescit.
- Saint Jerome -