With danger of repeating myself, I think that the chart for the final with Saturn, Lord of the ascendant, exalted, elevated and in the nonagesimal, regarding the ascendant, together the Jupiter, dispositor of both the Moon and her North Node in Sagittarius, joined to the Moon's South node - shows that Spain may defend their title and the trophy will return to where it is coming from.

There is the interesting participation of Mars in Virgo, where Mars could be a Mars-ruled country (Germany, England or Denmark) and Germany are according to bookmakers 2nd favourites to win the title. However, Virgo could be Croatia and I have included them as an outsider. The lunation makes interesting aspects to their national chart. This would mean that Croatia would advance from group C, probably at the cost of Italy. This would reason too - because we have the lunar eclipse of June 4. in the immediate north of Italy.

One more day now and the contest will get started!

8)
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astronor.com

Hi Andrew,

noganisimal is a new word to me. Could you explain? A google search of the internet only comes up with your post here!

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Mark wrote:noganisimal is a new word to me. Could you explain? A google search of the internet only comes up with your post here!
Well, now I've edited the error, so your post gets the honors instead. :lol:

Explanation:
I was 6 years old when the family emigrated to Norway, so English is my mother tongue - however, we're talking over 40 years ago and on a scholary level English is a second language. Writing most articles requires a dictionary. In particular, the rules of punctuation are quite different - Norwegian tending to be expressed in terms of shorter sentences with a more frequent use of the comma. Other times I am simply typing too fast, getting my fingers in a knot - or too many ventures are up in the air at the same time.

I could really do with a proof-reader sometimes. D'ya think you could be interested in the job? When are you coming to Norway? :lala

Opening Match

I am reposting the opening match between Poland and Greece. Maybe that will make it more visual and easy to relocate in the discussion. The Opening Marcth may be interesting for the tournament as a whole, but here we can evaluate the odds of the Polish and Greek.
Poland - Greece,
Odds: 1,95 3,25 4,40
Asc 17SC35 MC 6VI45 Moon 14AQ48 POF 14CN08
Day Venus, Hour Moon - radical by shared powers with asc. but in the fall of the Moon.

Poland are favourites, but Mars, L1, sextile the asc through signs of long ascension and the Moon inconjuct POF could be the obstacles. This type of radicailty has to be monitored. How does it work!?

Mars L1 for favourites Poland isn't strongly dignified however its in 10th sextile the ASC so the positives balance the negatives in this case I feel. Moreover L7 Venus is combust and that is usually a dire position for the ruler so I cannot see Greece winning this match.

I would go for a Poland victory in the opening game but nothing ecstatic so probably by one goal.

ps. if I fail I will study carefully Lunlumo's method. :D
Mad Daz's Place, quiet but never boring
http://pinkmelon.proboards82.com/index.cgi

Some considerations before the first game

I noted that the hour switches from Moon's to Saturn's in 3 minutes. This seems to be the pattern of "the guards cought on the bridge" and quite often has proved to be a draw.

If we use the method which places the favourite on ASC (Frawley's one), then it is obvious who shall win.

Mars, L 1, is advancing on an angle, Venus, L 7, is retrograde and combust.

Moreover, the Moon after seperation from Venus, L 7 and dispositor of Jupiter, L 4, by trine immediately trines APOF at (15 GE 52). This, according to Frawley, is another strong testimony for the favourite. Mars, L 1, is closely squared by the Sun, this might be a testimony for Poland conceding a goal.

I would like to monitor what impact on the outcome has the power of the sect luminary and its dispositor, POF and its dispositor and the lord of hour and its dispositor. In general, my thesis is that any affliction in this regard must, to a lesser or greater extent, harm the favourites.

In the chart we have POF conjunct Siriuss, a relatively close trine to ASC (03:26), aversion its ruler Moon (partile 150).

If we use the jerseys colours - Poland white and Greece blue - the significators are the Moon and Jupiter.

The Moon seems to be in a better shape that Jupiter. The Moon is in a stake of Scorpio, closely squaring ASC (02:46), received by Saturn (the dispositor and triplicity ruler) and Venus (bound ruler). The Moon casts her antisca directly on ASC.

Jupiter (blue) is in the bounds of Mars, who regards he from Virgo, his detriment; Venus, his dispositor, is in aversion in Gemini, his detriment; only the Moon has a good regard to Jupiter (from a stake). But here the Moon is Poland's significator and overcomes Jupiter (Greece) from the 10th sign.

The Moon (dispositor of POF and the ruler of hour) after seperation from Venus, L 7 and and dispositor of Jupiter, L 4, //Neptune, trines APOF and Sun.

All considered it seems that Poland will win.

This seems to be without considering mundane factors. Poland is listed under Taurus lordship; unfortunately Venus is in too a bad shape (combust and retrograde); Mercury (ruler of Virgo - Greece) is more favourably placed. Let's see to what extent mundane factors should be considered in judging such charts.

Hello Andrew,

Sorry I wasn't being pedantic. I was just genuinely curious it was a new term. Actually it still is for me as the word you did mean: Nonagesimal is also new to me. However, I was able to find a definition in an astrological dictionary:
The highest point of the Ecliptic above the Horizon, therefore exactly 90? from both Asc. and Dsc. Not to be confused with the Midheaven.
Thanks

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Poland - Greece 1-1
On May 27. I wrote:The Moon is intercepted and cadent. Maybe there are nerves and caution, or matters may lie into the deep at the start of the this tournement. My mind is not settled, but I feel like moving away from the favourite and making the draw a starting-point for further discussion.
Then earlier today I wrote:Poland are favourites, but Mars, L1, sextile the asc through signs of long ascension and the Moon inconjuct POF could be the obstacles.
I'm quite pleased with how this worked out - although I was not sure about anything and hadn't put money on the game. I can easily appreciate the judgements of both Janis and Daz, and know where you were coming from. It was just a matter of testing out a few observations I'd made over the last matches. Seem to have got it right this time, but will have to test it out again on a future occasion. :'

Mark wrote:Sorry I wasn't being pedantic. I was just genuinely curious it was a new term. Actually it still is for me as the word you did mean: Nonagesimal is also new to me.
Golly Mark! I thought you were having me on and I was too embarrassed by the fact my slippery fingers. The language thing does make things escape my eye without me noticing. The term nonagesimal I first came across in Margaret Hone's Textbook of astrology and as a part of early Mayo School training. I often find the nonagesimal interesting in terms of planetary elevation, and in the Arctic the nonagesimal may be in the northern hemisphere and coincide with the Midnight Sun, i.e. the highest portion of the ecliptic in the sky which may divert from the Midheaven (culiminating degree in the South) and actually be found toward the North.

'Pedantic' - I'll have to look that one up... :oops:

That's so nice of you say, Goca! I am sorry, I overlooked Janis' observation.
Please remind me to buy both of you drinks! :D :'

Please note that in every case where I include the lord of planetary hour, I am using a Regiomontanus house-based system, which means I am reading it straight out of the chart according to the position of the Sun in the sky and not doing the additional invisible calculations. The difference is the divergence between the quadrant house system and the placidus 'time-based' system. If you change house systems on the chart provided, you will see what I mean; the Sun is on the cusp of the Placidus 8th and the planetary hour is about to change, but not according to Regiomontanus. According to Regimontanus the Sun moves from the 8th to the 7th house at about 18.25 CSET. This means that there could be several options for when the planetary hour changes and you will have to recalculate, or maybe I should find a manner of registering that I am including the 'Hours' from a Regiomontanus and Quadrant perspective. Ficina, our previous moderator, asked me to be particular on this point on a previous occasion.

My basic notion, however, is not to switch systems and that everything should be able to be read out of the chart, or sky - as it were, but in the end we will learn something from this issue because we are also facing the problem of various house systems. So either way, we learn in the end. :)

Guards getting caught on the Bridge
The concept of the guards getting caught on the bridge, is actually one of my early fabrications here at Skyscript sports, based upon the thought that the troops are temporarily put out of action and the battle or contest ceases and gets caught in a 'dead zone' (or 'truce') just as the planetary hour/lord of the hour are changing position. It is like a changing of offices or 'watch shift' and the whole proceedure may take a few minutes as troops march in and out and the guards are being released. If a match starts just on the change of shifts and the guards are caught on the bridge, as it were, and we seem to be having some success in using this condition to help us pick the draws.

I would hope that this only were the beginning of our mutual discoveries and winnings. The basic thought is that every different type of radicality, or contract between the Lord of the hour and the radical ascendant and it's lord, creates a different condition from which we can derive meaning that will guide us to understand either the quality or the outfall of the match or contest.

We also seem to have 'discovered' that radicality proven by a contract of triplicity, i.e the Lord of the hour rules the ascendant by triplicity, or the Lord of the hour and the lord of the asc are in different signs of the same triplicity (the exception being that the Lord of the Hour being in the same sign as the Lord of the ascendant giving advantage to the team represented by the ascendant), gives testimony to a draw. The reasoning for this occurance would be, in my terms, that the triplicities are built of circle of several signs and therefore tend to share things around. :)

Saturday's pick:

Germany - Portugal, 21.45 CEST Arena Lviv.
Odds: 2,10 3,30 3,75

As Goca points out further down, I made an error in the entry of time zone. So I have removed my entry and the correct chart follows after Goca's remarks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS. There were two red cards in yesterday's game between Poland and Greece.
The Sun was in a tight square with Mars, perfect earlier in the day.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.