Andrew Bevan wrote: If anyone's got them, it is probably Philip Graves! Unfortunately, the first official bookmaker doesn't appear to have been around before the late 18th century. Apart from that there is the problem of understanding old rules and making them make sense in modern terminology. 10/1 that we are doing a better job here examining the problem than those astrologers who believe they know everything but who are not willing to commit a wager on anything.

At some stage there may be a more stuctured study on football games inspired by some of the work we have laid down here at Skyscript. :)
Maybe he'll know when it was first mooted Idealist Sky Maps might provide clues about sporting contests.

These days ''most astrologers'' , or the High Brow Western ones, think this type of prediction is a misunderstanding of the Emerald Tablet. But yes the ones who don't can be reluctant to risk their meagre dollars.

A retrospective brainstorming would be a good idea at some point. Lot of work though.

Mario Balotelli, the Italian football who plays as a striker was born on 12 August 1990 9.15 PM in Palermo.
Today, transit Mars is sextile Jupiter and converse transit Jupiter trine Mars and conjunct Desc.
Probably he was born 2 minutes earlier, in Primary directions:
Venus 120 MC
5th cusp 180 Node
Secondary Sun conjunct Jupiter, 3rd cusp 60 Sun, Moon 60 MC
The lunar return, casting for Kiev, has Sun conjunct MC.

At 88:00 minutes and 4-0 in favour of Spain, I think that trine from Saturn to POF with a 2 degree orb must have done the trick. I should have put money on it, but I wouldn't have picked such a wide goal margin! 8)

GH :)

Goca wrote:If Spain wear their home sport kit darkred they are represent with Sa. Italy then will wear white sport kit and is represent with Moon. Frawley suggest when Moon is ruler to keep it for Moon;s aspects and use its dispositor as ruler for that team, here it is Ju in close conjunction with South node. This is strong testimony that Italy will lose.There are no Moon;s aspect within 5 degrees. There are no big difference in dignities. Because Lord of hour is on the brink we can expect draw but at the end Spain will win.
Spain 4:0 Italy!

It proved, a significator conjunct the South Node is greatly weakened.
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

That is a return of almost ?600,- :lala
Close to ?300 profit, if subtracting the cost of the stategy.

Would have been better if Germany had been in the final, but that is the way things go. Scoring on both Eurovision and Euro2012 in the one and same year is at least something!
Not a Super-size prize this time, but enough to throw a party! :D :'

PS. Croatia (my outsider) was in the same group as Spain and Italy.
http://www.astronor.com

Once again: Congratulations, Andrew! :' :D :' !!!

So it worked, your saying:
Andrew Bevan wrote:"Spain are favourites by odds. And I am not changing my position now. I stand and fall with the astrology. Being wrong is fine as long as something is learnt. It is an important exercise to have a clear mind and stick with you hold. But not always..."
. . . but THIS time!

Johannes

A brief analysis suggests 14 correct predictions and 30 incorrect ones , so as a 'team' effort the result was below chance.

On the plus side, if there is one, Andrew seems to have a 5 from 7 hit rate, so whatever he is doing may be worth a closer look at.

Goca wrote:
Goca wrote:If Spain wear their home sport kit darkred they are represent with Sa. Italy then will wear white sport kit and is represent with Moon. Frawley suggest when Moon is ruler to keep it for Moon;s aspects and use its dispositor as ruler for that team, here it is Ju in close conjunction with South node. This is strong testimony that Italy will lose.There are no Moon;s aspect within 5 degrees. There are no big difference in dignities. Because Lord of hour is on the brink we can expect draw but at the end Spain will win.
Spain 4:0 Italy!

It proved, a significator conjunct the South Node is greatly weakened.
You gave the right judgement, Goca, congratulkations also to you! :D

But I have doubts as to the reason you give: Jupiter is separating from the South Node and thus not 'conjunct' to it any longer.

Here is what Frawley said about that:
"Conjunction with one of the Moon's Node is a factor that can decide a chart on its own! A significator conjunct the South Node is greatly weakened. It makes no difference whether the significator is applying to or separating from the Node. Keep to a maximum separation of about 5 degrees, with the usual rule of "the closer the stronger".
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

Nixx wrote:A brief analysis suggests 14 correct predictions and 30 incorrect ones , so as a 'team' effort the result was below chance. On the plus side, if there is one, Andrew seems to have a 5 from 7 hit rate, so whatever he is doing may be worth a closer look at.
I suggest people hold their position at present contributing as a team with their individual approaches. If there is any way in which our structure and methodology can be improved, so it is becomes more obvious how we are working - then that is the way to go. We could still end up in a situation where methods could be changed according to contest, climate or background factors.

Some of our reasoning should be examined. For example, when I suggest Jupiter with the South Node is good for Spain - Spain will win, then Goca provides a quote that says the team signified by Jupiter is detrimented by the SN, Jupiter is Italy, hence Italy looses. - Stuff like this rattles me. :-?

Team colours are interesting but I am not sure how it is supposed to moves things around yet and would like to see more. A scorecard at the end of the day could be useful because there has to be consistancy. To improve our judgement we have to improve our understanding of the structure. It was delightful so see so many participating members as the tournament progressed. :'
http://www.astronor.com