Eugene Polley - father of remote control passes on

Eugene Polley - father of remote control passes on

Eugene Polly - the man who invented the remote control as early as in 1955 passed away on May 20. 2012. Eugine was born Nov. 29.1915 in Chicago, Illinois.
His nativity shows the Sun in Sagittarius and the Moon in Virgo; He both had a sense of practical details and the necessities of everyday life. He was full of ideas, liking to solve problems of technology, commication and travel. With the remote control he could reach the TV without even having to go there!
The Zenith. One of the worlds first 'Zappers!'

His Mercury is 27 Scorpio and close opposite Algol. Algol incapacitates people, so there is a problem of someone being stuck or not wanting to move to solve a problem. He has his natal Uranus in the same degree as the Moon's North Node in Aquairus, so one would assume this was great for making inventions.

On the day of his death, the Sun departed from Taurus and entered into Gemini. The Moon would have passed over and translated to applying conjunction of Mercury and Jupiter. All this is close to the fixed star Algol and in Taurus, which relates to a story of someone sitting still and not wanting to or being able to move.

The remote control has become one of the highest and most reclaimed symbols of power and authority in every family and household.
http://www.astronor.com

Yes, I understand he's going to be buried between two couch cushions. (blush)

But seriously Mr. Bevan, this description of the action or effect of Algol is new to me.All I have read in the past indicates Algol leads to an individual "losing her head", being distraught, becoming undone in one way or the other. The imposition of passivity, inability to act is quite new. Would you please talk some more about this?

I have Algol on the midheaven, or as good as, within a few degrees. I have always sought some interpretation of this position due to the dire nature of Algol. Thank you for your response and excuse the Irish American humour.

Lakewind wrote:...this description of the action or effect of Algol is new to me.All I have read in the past indicates Algol leads to an individual "losing her head", being distraught, becoming undone in one way or the other. The imposition of passivity, inability to act is quite new.
The interpretations and manners of understanding Algol are several. I can only relate to my approach; Algol is the Snakecharmer [Quote: Ebertin], may fascinate or hypnotize. A person may Loose his Head and Mind in love (Check our thread on Fairytale - Eurovision2009), or be scared stiff, or incapaticated, or put out of action as like in a stockmarket crash. Or a person may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or hypnotized, and the mind may be put out of action on a temporary level. A person may loose the ability to act and do something in a situation, simply getting stuck.

I started a thread at Skyscript some time back where I shared my thoughts on the fixed stars Pleiades, which I compared with the meaning of Aladdin's Lamp. The Genie is trapped in the bottle and frustrated but has the ability to grant great wealth and happiness once released. HOWEVER, ALGOL is the story about how the Genie ended up in the bottle in the first place. ;)

Among my clients there are people with a strong Algol who have been successful dentists (who scare people stiff), or people who work within modeling (which requires sitting still for a long period of time) or the casting of models (like in art or even carbody work), or within the import and selling of etheric oils (as if it were an antidote) or the selling imitation jewlery - not the real stuff, but still incredibly beautiful and spellbinding, like a lure.
Fairytale: I'm in love with a fairytale even though it hurts
'Cause I don't care if I lose my mind I'm already cursed
Hope that gives you some ideas and positive input. :'
http://www.astronor.com

Thanks for your extremely interesting reply.

In my own chart and life, I have seen the folowing:
1. an attempt to drown me by an older sibling
2. great fear and suffering in early life related to mentally ill parents
specifically, a very abusice and rejecting mother, and I have heard that Algol also deals with the power of the female.
3. development of a strong, dominant appearing outer personality, the effects of which on other people I was completely unaware of for many years.

What do you think of the assertions of some that the Ple..... pla ... "those weeping sisters stars" traditionally having to do with homosexuality? Thanks for your response.