View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Recent additions:
A Correct Prediction: the NYC buiding strike, 1991
by Robert E. Zoller
Book II of Carmen Astrologicum by Dorotheus
translated by David Pingree
Compiled by Deborah Houlding
Astrology and Cosmology in Early China: Conforming Earth to Heaven, by David W. Pankenier
Reviewed by Gill Zukovskis

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Janus 4 and Fixed Stars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carriere.francois

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Janus 4 and Fixed Stars Reply with quote

Hello,

I just wanted to warn Janus 4 users about a bug I encountered under Windows XP concerning Fixed stars positions (I have not tested under Windows Vista or 7). Formerly, I installed Janus 4P1 with its updates 4P2 and 4P3. Although I did not used it for some time, concentrating on Jyotish, recently I realized stars postions were wrong. For instance, Spica had a position lower than its real position (which is 24°00'51" Libra this month).

I contacted the Janus staff and they could not understand why I had this bug (they did not have it). I tried many solutions including uninstallations and reinstallations. The only one that worked was downloading the full 4P3 installation software from Janus website and installing Janus 4P3 from scratch, after uninstalling the previous installation from my computer.

So, if you ever encounter a similar bug with updates 4P2 and 4P3, this solution should work Wink

Just make sure you have Registration key sent when you bought the software.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> News, Notices, Books, Links All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: