glossary horary quiz consultations links more

Read this before using the forum
Register
FAQ
Search
View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Recent additions:
Godfather of Modernity: The Alan Leo Legacy Vol. One - Early Astrological Journals 1890-1912, compiled by Philip M Graves
Reviewed by Deborah Houlding
Lilly's Considerations
compiled by D. Houlding
Book II of Carmen Astrologicum by Dorotheus
translated by David Pingree
Compiled by Deborah Houlding
The Babylonian Astrolabe: the Calendar of Creation, by Rumen K. Kolev
Reviewed by Gill Zukovskis

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Will an intercepted house spoil the outcome?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakewind

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Will an intercepted house spoil the outcome? Reply with quote

I asked if my x and I would ever see or speak together again. I got a pretty positive chart, that shows me, as first house mercury, approaching him as 7th house ruler Jupiter, for a conjunction. The moon is not listed as void, but it is just leaving a square with Pluto, which I know this site doesn't really use. Anyway, my question is this, providing that nothing else in the chart can interfere, does the fact that Mercury and Jupiter are both contained in an intercepted house weaken the positive outcome? Mars rules the 9th in this chart and the moon is in Aries. Thanks for your help.
johannes susato

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I see there is no problem in Classical Astrology with intercepted signs like it is in psychological Astrology. (You mean intercepted signs speaking of intercepted houses, don't you? Or am I wrong? . . . )
Lilly mentions a second lord of a house in one of his examples, but the sign is not even intercepted, if I remember rightly, and it is no negative argument for him.

Johannes

PS: To see a chart or get the data would be great!
Lakewind

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply, Johannes. I'm not up to struggling with the chart insertion, as I have not done it in a while, but here is the data: 5/16/12, 78w41,43n10, time: 1:44 PM, universal time 17.44. I appreciate your interest.
johannes susato

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the data, Lakewind! Very Happy

Last edited by johannes susato on Sat May 19, 2012 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
johannes susato

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm home again, I shall look for the Interception.
dastars

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are really talking about speaking or having a general contact then I think the answer is "yes" because of the conjunction and because Jupiter and the Sun (his significators) exalt the Moon. So he will be emotionally open to you.

But watch out, a peregrine Mars in the asc is not nice and your emotions (Moon) are ruled by that guy. Mars is in megative mutual reception with Jupiter so it will be inclined to spoil the contact. Plus, Jupiter is on Algol and will be even closer when Mercury and Jupiter conjoin, so there is the potential for some sparks to fly... Have some chamomile tea nearby...
Lakewind

Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, dastar, for your comments. I think you are quite correct, especially about Mars, as this has been a pattern in the relationship: we take turns blowing up. lol
I just feel whatever communication that may take place will tend to be secret or hidden from others, because of the intercepted house. I will let you know what eventuates, if anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: