Thank you, Stefan! On first look it seems like there is not much difference between the charts. Both Bundy and Susan have the powerful angular Mars in both natal and navamsa charts. Susan's chart almost looks worse because the Scorpio group of planets is closer by degree to a cusp (7th). So what makes the difference in the charts? Here are some of my observations:

First, if we just take the planet with the smallest degree difference from the ascendant degree we have:

Susan: Moon on natal cusp 7 and NAVMASA Moon is on 9th natal cusp. (So a strong Moon influence.) Her Moon happens to be in the terms (bounds) of Jupiter, and mansion of Jyestha, a generally good mansion according to texts. Susan has Jupiter on cusp 6, and thus it trines the Zenith point. (This combines with the angular Mars and Moon in the bounds of Jupiter.)

(I'm finding the Traditional Egyptian bounds helpful when combined with Jyotish factors.) So in relation to the ascendant degree, Susan has significant Moon and Jupiter influences. Mars, of course, closely aspects the ascendant, but its saving grace may the that it's in the bounds of Jupiter.

Bundy: The closest planet to a cusp is Mercury in 4th in the sign and bounds of Mars, and in Vishaka, a generally fixed and malefic mansion. (Stefan's notes on Vishakha are above.) Then Bundy has NAVAMSA Mars/Pluto on the natal 6th cusp, and a powerful Mars is his NAVAMSA ascendant lord.

Susan's NAVAMSA ascendant lord is the Moon. Susan also has a partile cross-over of the NAVAMSA Sun (K) to her natal 5th cusp, a benefic placement though not good for children.

I'm wondering if the angular planets in Bundy's chart in Vishakha (stars of Libra, the Scales) are basically more prone to negative results than Mars and the Moon in Jyteshta, (body of the Scorpion and Ophiuchus, the Serpant Holder, a constellation connected with medical healing.) In general, the starry Scales seem to have a negative influence, which would be the foundation of some of Tropical Scorpio's characteristics (the second half of the sign) and the final ten degrees of sidereal Libra.

I have no idea how the various traits and characteristics of the 27 mansions developed in India. The sources are lost, and the 27 mansions no longer align well with the ancient 28 nakshatras.

So far I've combined the lunar mansions with the navamsa and Egyptian bounds.

If it seems that I'm just picking out straws for these particular charts, I am experimenting with the same symbolism for any chart: the ascendant degree as a reference point, mansion influences, the navamsa chart and Egyptian bounds borrowed from western Classical astrology (but applied to the sidereal zodiac.)

(To be continued)
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

hi therese

i don't know if that is a great exercise as i think one can get a very different read off the natal chart without having to move out to the 9th harmonic to see more differences. that is my take..

Ted Bundy and Susan Barchard

A few remaining notes on the birth charts of Ted Bundy and Susan Barchard:

Ascendant Lord:
Susan: Taurus rises; Venus is the ascendant lord placed between Jupiter and Mercury. Mercury is a benefic for her Taurus ascendant, but Jupiter is a malefic and has just gone to zero degrees of Vishakha. Susan's navamsa Venus is with Neptune in Gemini. She wrote in a letter that her career aim was to work full time in the metaphysical and astrological areas. Astrologers would place metaphysics under Neptune.

Susan has Mercury in her navamsa Cancer ascendant. She has changed jobs frequently, but except for a short stint as a beautician, these have all been Mercury type occupations: account clerk, airline reservations clerk, data input, computer operator

Any astrologer would zero in on Susan's 7th house Scorpio stellium. She wrote that she had quite a number of relationships during her dating years, but had never married or had children. We can presume that Mars in 7th predisposes to separations from partners. Susan's handwriting is large and expressive, which can show a gregarious and perhaps overwhelming personality which would match a Mars-Moon conjunction. Susan also has Mars in the navamsa 7th house.

Bundy: Leo rises with the Sun placed between Ketu and Mercury. It does not seem that the Sun gives us a clue to the criminal life he chose except that Ketu can sometimes give bizarre character traits. Perhaps we can say the Sun is mainly disconnected from the remainder of the chart as it has no close aspects connecting it to other planets. In Bundy's navamsa chart the Sun is in the 6th house in Virgo, again with no close associated planets. Bundy's navamsa Moon in Aquarius likewise has no associated planets.

Both Susan and Bundy have Mars applying to the Moon in the natal chart, but Bundy's Moon is in the bounds of Saturn while Susan's Moon is in the bounds of Jupiter.

In my opinion including navamsa factors in chart analysis makes it easier to distinguish the life patterns of Susan and Ted Bundy. As I said earlier, after astrologers were unable to distinguish criminal birth charts from those of philanthropists and others who worked to benefit humanity, I found that navamsa factors gave important clues to reading the charts.

It would have been quite interesting to have an exact astro twin of Bundy for comparison. If, say they had the same rising signs but different navamsha's for example.

In the rashi chart (normal chart)
Here we can see that for Susan the 7th house of the scorpio eclipse stellium including Mars is spoiled for her in terms of marriage.

Likewise for Bundy his 4th house of inner psychology and mother is spoiled and resulting in psychological problems and extreme anger issues.
Mother is also spoiled as he had his grandmother as mother while his sister was his real mother.

As the lagna (ascendent) is a key factor in a vedic chart, one may see that in Bundy's case his ascendent lord is in the 4th with mars and ketu
(malefics, in 4th)
True from arudha lagna too.

Susan have her ascendent lord with a benefic.
(true from both ascendent and arudha ascendent).

This is quite imortant IMO.

*Arudha lagna
Arudha lagna is like a reflection and have something to say about the outer impression and function of a person.
It is derived by taking the asc lord and adding as many houses to the asc lord as it is placed from the ascendent.
(If the arudha lagna is placed in 1rst or 7th house one adds 10 signs from it.
Bundy have asc lord in scorpio 4 signs from asc. adding 4 signs to that comes to aquarius 7th house. 7th house not allowed. Add 10 signs which gives scorpio.

Here is some about Britney Spears arudha ascendent.

http://lightonvedicastrology.com/dailyj ... 040507.htm

Here is a chart that I had filed with Bundy's and Susan Barchard's charts. Richard Cottingham was born a day later than Susan and Bundy, and has the same Taurus ascendant as Susan.

As the recorded birth time (AA-BC) places the ascendant just into Gemini navamsa, it might be worth experimenting with the earlier navamsa. I haven't had time to study the chart.

Stefan, if you have time, could you please post the natal and navamsa charts?

Richard Cottingham, Serial Killer (known as the "torso killer")
------------------------
25 November 1946
4:50 p.m.
Bronx, New York, USA
Asc 16 Taurus 51 (K)

It seems to me that these three charts would provide a puzzle for most astrologers. I cannot memorize all the possible yogas (planetary combinations) in a chart, so perhaps some of these give an answer.

Unlike Bundy, Richard's navamsa chart has no significant close degree crossovers to natal cusps.

All three charts have navamsa Saturn crossing to natal Mars.
Serial killer Bundy and Susan have navamsa Saturn crossing to natal Moon.
Serial killer Richard and Susan both have the ascendant lord Venus placed between Jupiter and Mercury.

Both Richard and Susan have Mars in 7th, but Susan's Mars is below the cusp and Richard's is above.
Richard's Moon looks even less afflicted than Susan's since it has moved into Sagittarius, and is no longer with Mars.

I've noticed in my work that an unaspected Moon can be problematic. I've seen a lack of a conscience with that position. Richard's natal Moon has no major aspects, and both Richard's and Bundy's navamsa Moons have no planetary contact. Susan's navamsa Moon is with Mars and Pluto and has the 7th house aspect of Mercury, so she has a fortified Moon even though Mars is a malefic.

Where do we look next? India has the unique answer of the Shastiamsas, the division of half a degree (60 Shastiamsas to one sign.) I just started a new topic for the Shastiamsas for those who are interested: http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6840