Algorythm for reading football charts

The season of Premier League, Bundesliga and other top leagues is about to kick-off next month. So I decided to start some discussions on how to read football charts. So far a correct prediction seems to be, to a lesser or greater extent, dependent on a lucky guess rather than following strict rules.

Here I feel like willing to set forth some observations, which however are far from being perfect, how football charts behave, so to say.

I will start how in my opinion the bookies odds reflect the actual strengh balance of competeting teams. Regardless of whether you bet or not, the knowledge of actual strength is of vital importance if you wish to predict a winner.

So, if the odds are 1.01 - 1.25 for the fave, the underdog is rated at odds over 10.00. The first team is a very heavy fave, and to judge that the result would be moved away from the fave, we need a lot of negative testimonies. Moon's oposition to POF alone will obviously not be enough. It might be a pretty reliable testimony that the underdog would score. Statistically, the expected result (fave wins) occurs approx. in 19 out of 20 times (95%). It's a tempting business to predict that the underdog would win at such long odds, but in practice nobody is going to consult astrology in such cases. Saying that the fave is going to win is not a serious business, for one can say that he does not need astrology to say that the fave would win. I have only a few charts when underdog won at such long odds. Draw ussualy is a correct prediction if the chart indicates that the result would be moved away from the fave.

If the odds are 1.25 - 1.40 for the fave, the underdog is rated at odds approx. 10.00 - 7.50. Here we do not need so debilitated a chart to predict that the result would be moved away from the fave. Irradical chart (disagreement beetween the ascending sing, its ruler and the lord of the hour) plus some strong tested indication against the fave (such as Moon's opposition to POF) might be enough for the underdog at least to draw. Statistically, in 1 out of 10 events the result is moved away from the fave.

If the odds are 1.40 - 1.60 for the fave, the underdog is rated at 7.50 - 5.50. In such charts, Moon's opposition to POF or some other testimonies (which I will specify in subsequent mails) might be enough to predict the underdog's victory. Statistically, in 1 out of 7 the expect result does not occur.

If the odds are 1.60 - 1.80, the underdog is rated at 5.50 - 4.25. Statistically, in 1 out of 4 the result is moved away from the fave (however, it depends on the level of league or tournament and country (Latin countries play more unpredictably than European)).

If the odds are 1.80 - 2.00, the underdog is rated at 4.25 -3.50. Statistically, in 4 out 10 the expected result does not occur.

If the odds are in the range of 2.00 - 2.30, the underdog is rated 3.50 - 3.00, and statistically the fave wins in approx. 40% -45% of cases.

If the odds are 2.30 - 2.50, there is no fave at all, and the marginal fave wins not more than in 4 cases out of 10.

If the odds are equal 2.50 - 2.70, the marginal fave is the away team (unless playing on a neutral pitch), and it usually wins in 4 cases out of 10.

In next mail I will list indications which I have observed to favour the fave.

Testimonies for the fave to win (I will list only but describe in detail in some consecutive emails):

ASC, its lord, lord of hour, POF and its dispositor is for the fave (exceptions will be mentioned in further emails).

1. Agreement between ASC, its lord and lord of hour (it is worth reading Andrew's treatise on planetary hours); It is good if a benefic rules the hour;

2. Lord of ASC and/or dispositor of POF disposed by the lord of hour and the latter beholds ASC and the Moon, the better if the lord of hour is disposed of (house or exaltation) by the lord of ASC;

3. Luminaries above the horizon, in particular, in angles and in good aspect;

4. Moon applying by good aspect to her dispositor (unless the latter is in her detriment or fall);

5. Moon applying by good aspect to the lord of hour or dispositor of POF;

6. Testimonies mentioned in Frawley's Sports Astrology:
Moon's conjunction, trine or sextile to POF or its antisca;
bodily aspect is stronger than by antisca; conjunction is the strongest, trine is very good, sextile is fairly strong, whereas sextile to APOF is relatively weak and that alone cannot decide the result;
lord of ASC conjunct or trine (partile) POF; POF conjunct Uranus (only if in an angle);
lord of ASC or POF, or its dispositor conjunct North Node (in particular, if in an angle), antisca of POF conjunct North Node is a weak testimony.

In next email I will describe how to assign significators and will discuss my observations as to various types of radicality (agreement between ASC, its lord and lord of hour).

Goca, I usually follow Frawley's 5 degrees orb for Moon's aspects with POF (except APOF where I use 4 degrees, for sextile with APOF 3 degrees).

Conjunction Nodes 2 degrees if applying, 1 if seperating, conjunction, opposition to outer planets 2 degrees if applying, 1 if seperating.
The same 2 degrees for POF conjunction - opposition to its dispositor, for square and trine use 1 degree, sextile is too weak as to have any considerable effect.

For the aspects between luminaries I use the whole sign. It is not important whether they are in exact aspect or not, it is important that both behold each other. The same you can use for the Moon's aspects to its dispositor or aspects to the lord of hour. These are general considerations favouring the fave. But I will explain them in more detail as I understand when I will deal with the relevant subject.

Greetings
Janis

Seeing what's going on in the Copa America 2011, I perhaps started with sharing my observations as to ascpectual relationship between the luminaries and its impact on the result of a game.

As a rule in all types of horaries and elections, good aspect between the luminaries, in particular if they are strong, is encouraging, a football chart is not an exception. Seeing that the Sun and Moon is in good aspect, we can be pretty confident that the fave would win unless there are more powerful testimonies for the underdog (for instance, irradical chart (disagreement between ASC, its lord and lord of the hour) with a malefic ruling the hour and Moon immediately oppose POF).

Stastically the faves do better when the Moon is in trine aspect to the Sun (use the whole signs), to a lesser extent when in sextile. But there are some graduations. We can be more confident if that aspect is with reception, out of good houses, fortified by benefics, applying (the closer the better), neither of the luminaries is in detriment or fall of the relevant sig (how to assign significators I will describe in some next emails), and in contrary, the effect is reduced, if aspect is out of bad houses, afflicted my malefics, in particular out of the debilities of the relevant luminary, one of the luminaries happening to be in detriment or fall of the relevant sig, one of the luminaries in the debilities of the other (detriment or fall). One may continue the research on the topic and see if there are any other regularities worth observing.

Most of surprises happen when there is a New (conjunction with the Sun) or a Full Moon (opposition with the Sun) to a lesser degree when the Moon is in square aspect to the Sun. Also inconjunction (150 degrees) favours the underdog. However, be aware that the underdogs will not always win if there is a New or a Full Moon. In my opinion, whether a New or a Full Moon really favours the underdog depends on the relation of the dispositor of a New or Full Moon to the Moon and the significators (the dispositor of a New or a Full Moon being placed in the detriment or fall of the Moon, or inconjunct the Moon, or in the fall or detriment of the fave's significator, or the dispositor otherwise debilitated (the graver the better for the underdog), for instance, oppose POF or its antisca, conjunct Algol, South Node, in bad aspect to malefics (Mars, Saturn (in particular out of their own debilities or out of the debilities of the dispositor of a New or a Full Moon), conjunct or oppose transsaturnians, seem to be relatively strong testimonies for the underdog). A New or a Full Moon also harms the faves if one of the luminiaries happens at that time to be in own or other's debilities (detriment or fall).

Some practical examples from the latest games of the Copa America 2011.

Argentina - Uruguay. Urugay (the underdog) won. The Moon was inconjunct the Sun (Moon in Aquarius, Sun in Cancer).
Uruguay - Peru. Uruguay (the fave) won. The Moon was in trine to the Sun (Moon in Pisces, Sun in Cancer) (there were other pretty reliable testimonies for the fave - Moon appying to her dispositor Jupiter with reception and the Sun, the lord of hour, in exaltation of Jupiter, lord of the ASC and significator of Uruguay).
Paraguay - Venezuela. Paraguay won. The Moon was in square aspect to the Sun with powerful reception (Moon in Aries, Sun in Cancer). As there were some testimonies against the fave (Mercury ruled the hour with Pisces making the chart nonradical by being in Leo, a hot and dry sign, and inconjunct ASC), Paraguay did not win in regular time and was lucky to drag out the game until penalties. Mars, Venezuela's significator (maroon), was conjunct South Node, therefore so unlucky.

I will continue with the effect of the dispositor of a New or Full Moon.

Yesterday there was a far above average number of the underdogs' wins at odds 9:00 and longer in Europa League qualification games (the most stunning ones were Vojvodina - Vaduz 1:3 (odds for the away underdog 11.00), Tromso - Paks 0:3 (odds for the away underdog 8:50) without any indication that the underdog would even score (radical charts with Sun or Venus ruling the hour, depending on location, and Sagitarius rising). Jupiter was strong and in reception with Venus if she happen to rule the hour, if the hour was ruled by the Sun, the Suns disposition in Cancer, the exaltation of Jupiter should favour the fave.
The only debility of the chart was Mars's (who ruled Midheaven or IC depending on location) partile applying conjunction with South Node. But is ussually not so serious an affliction even for teams playing in red or black/red as to produce such results if the charts are radical. There were no hard aspects to Fortuna or her antisca.

I noticed that the Moon was applying partile opposition to Saturn out of the latter's fall in Aries, I thought it might be bad for the teams playing in black, very dark blue or white/black, black white, but there were few teams wearing such kits to draw any conclusions.

Seeing so many surprising results without any "astrological" justification, I thought that the Moon's opposition to Saturn is to blame for it. When the aspect was seperating, the games started to end as they should according to odds.

Then it struck to me, that the first leg games were played when there was a Full Moon (many surprises but played according to the rules I have observed are working pretty well), the second leg games were played when the Moon applied to oppose the dispositor of the preceding Full Moon - Saturn out of his fall. The aspect was out of angles and therefore very powerful.

May be it explains why sometimes there are so unpredictable tendencies in different leagues (they sometimes seem to be living their own lifes). If a season in a league started when there was a New or a Full Moon, may be its worth observing the tendencies when the Moon is applying (by good or hard aspect, out of dignities or debilities) to the dispositor of the New or Full Moon when the season started.

[quote="Janis Valkovskis"]Testimonies for the fave to win (I will list only but describe in detail in some consecutive emails):

ASC, its lord, lord of hour, POF and its dispositor is for the fave (exceptions will be mentioned in further emails).

1. Agreement between ASC, its lord and lord of hour (it is worth reading Andrew's treatise on planetary hours); It is good if a benefic rules the hour;
quote]

Janis, what do you mean by "agreement" between ASC, its Lord and lord of hour? do you mean soft aspects, or another kind of compatibility' ?

Thanls, Sebastian

Sebastian,

By agreement between ASC, its lord and lord of hour I mean, I will mention only examples (details will follow when I return from leave in August):
1) Sagitarius rising and Jupiter rules the hour - the strongest agreement, a good argument that the fave would win, unless Jupiter badly afflicted;
2) Sagitarius rising, Sun rules the hour - Sagitarius is a hot and dry sign, the Sun is a hot and dry planet;
3) Sagitarius rising, Mars rules the hour - Sagitarius is a hot and dry, so is Mars;
4) Sagitarius rising, Venus rules the hours - Jupiter is a benefic, so is Venus;

The latter 3 combinations are weaker that Sagitarius rising with Jupiter being the lord of hour

5) Sagitarius rising, Saturn, Mercury or Moon rules the hour. The chart is not radical, this favours the underdog (exceptions when nonradicality of the chart is counterbalanced by favourable receptions or good aspects I will describe later. It's a pretty long story).

Although the chart is radical, the fave does not always win, and when the chart is not radical, the underdog does not always win. It's a tendency, but not a regularity. A correct prediction depends on many factors, one of which is whether the chart is radical or not.

Greetings
Janis