Cadent or angular and strong

Hi
Suppose a planet is cadent but 7 or 10 degrees away from MC point. Would that be deemed cadent and weak or angular and strong as in Gauguelin zones?

And what if a planet lords 4 or more planets but is cadent, and another,which is angular, is lord of none or only one?
thanks

Jorge,

You have now opened 9 threads on the Nativities & General forum in only 24 hours. :shock:

I am all for curiosity and desire to share ideas and your enthusiasm is self evident! Still, this is really a bit excessive in such a short timescale. I suggest you slow down a bit and give other members more time to reply to your existing threads without constantly opening new ones. Its much better to focus on quality contributions rather than just quantity here.

Having said all that your question is perfectly valid and I am sure will stimulate an interesting discussion.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Mark wrote:Jorge, You have now opened 9 threads on the Nativities & General forum in only 24 hours. :shock: I am all for curiosity and desire to share ideas and your enthusiasm is self evident! Still, this is really a bit excessive in such a short timescale. I suggest you slow down a bit and give other members more time to reply to your existing threads without constantly opening new ones. Its much better to focus on quality contributions rather than just quantity here. Having said all that your question is perfectly valid and I am sure will stimulate an interesting discussion. Mark
Sorry Mark

This is the result of having re-discovered an old book I had in my shelves by Charles Carter which I had completely forgotten but contans tons of info

I?ll relax for the weekend booze :'

Gauquelin zones are not mainstream astrology, still, you can consider it and see if it holds up in your work.

About cadency, I'd consider any planet 5 degrees alway from the angle to be already cadent, as per Ptolemy.

Finally, an angular planet will express itself and a cadent one will be inhibited. But then, you have to look at the planet and see if it has dignity and if it portends good or evil. I'd prefer an "evil" planet to be cadent than to be angular...
Paulo Felipe Noronha

PFN wrote:Gauquelin zones are not mainstream astrology, still, you can consider it and see if it holds up in your work. About cadency, I'd consider any planet 5 degrees alway from the angle to be already cadent, as per Ptolemy. Finally, an angular planet will express itself and a cadent one will be inhibited. But then, you have to look at the planet and see if it has dignity and if it portends good or evil. I'd prefer an "evil" planet to be cadent than to be angular...
By angular you 90 mean degrees from ASC as in WSH or close to MC point?
My MC is in 9th house so the planets there would be cadent :-?

Re: Cadent or angular and strong

jorge wrote:Hi
Suppose a planet is cadent but 7 or 10 degrees away from MC point. Would that be deemed cadent and weak or angular and strong as in Gauguelin zones?

And what if a planet lords 4 or more planets but is cadent, and another,which is angular, is lord of none or only one?
thanks
Jorge

The gaquelin sectors are sectors, not houses. The gauqelin sectors are not defined as 'angular and strong'. They are sectors. It's true that the cadent houses appear to be the more influential by these sectors of course.

However when we use words like angular, we're putting our astrology right back into the mainstream, which Gauqelin sectors are not. So we're wise to not conflate the two terms, it just leads to confusion.

I'd consider any planet to be 5 degrees, give or take, from an angle, to be angular.

I say 'give or take' as I do not believe planets are powerful 5 degrees away, and then become completely cadent at 5 degrees 1 minute away.

Paul wrote:

thanks
Jorge

The gaquelin sectors are sectors, not houses. The gauqelin sectors are not defined as 'angular and strong'. They are sectors. It's true that the cadent houses appear to be the more influential by these sectors of course.

However when we use words like angular, we're putting our astrology right back into the mainstream, which Gauqelin sectors are not. So we're wise to not conflate the two terms, it just leads to confusion.

I'd consider any planet to be 5 degrees, give or take, from an angle, to be angular.

I say 'give or take' as I do not believe planets are powerful 5 degrees away, and then become completely cadent at 5 degrees 1 minute away.
Fine,but you still have the problem of house system. If like Hand says MC is just a point,not a an house cusp, then if I have pisces in 10 ,MC in aquarius and planets in in it, they should be cadent regardless of being close to MC no?
Were you reffering to WS houses?
Last edited by jorge on Tue May 08, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul wrote:

thanks
Jorge

I say 'give or

jorge wrote: Fine,but you still have the problem of house system. If like Hand says MC is just a point,not a an house cusp, then if I have pisces in 10 ,MC in aquarius and planets in in it, they should be cadent regardless of being close to MC no?
Were you reffering to WS houses?
I've not introduced considerations of whole signs versus quadrant signs because your own premise similarly did not mention them.

If you wish to know about the sectors versus the houses, then you have some ideas put forth here by PFN and myself. If you now want to change tack and move onto problems that may arise from competing house systems, fine, but don't be surprised if people aren't as impressed and choose to not bite.