Re: Anne Rice

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Rice,_Anne
Source Notes
Date from "Contemporary Authors" Vol 12; time unknown. Her birth name was Howard Allen O'Brien, the daughter of Katherine Allen and Howard O'Brien. She named herself Anne on her first day of school.

Sy Scholfield quotes Zodiacal Zephyr for same date, Mercy Hospital, New Orleans, 8:05 AM CST, given as B.C. Sandra Rohzon responded that the data was submitted by someone visiting the website who gave no name and no source.

Sarah Stargaze writes on the 'net, 5/2000, "I met Anne Rice a few years ago at a book signing. I told her that I was an astrologer and asked for her birth data. She gave me place and date, then said, 'Theres no one alive that would remember my birth time.'"

Storm Cestavani writes (12/2000), "Anne Rice's secretary phoned me this evening as I requested her birthdata. I am a member of her book club. She informed me that Anne does not know her birthtime nor is it
documented anywhere and her mother is deceased. She thanked me for the interest and said that Astrologers in the past have attempted to procure her data, yet unfortunatly she does not have it."

Debbi Kempton-Smith quotes a friend who asked Rice for her time of birth and Rice said "2:00 PM." This is not conclusive without documentation.
Bob Marks' website displays the chart with 8 Scorpio rising (8:01 AM) but with no data, nor does any of his charts show data or source. He writes (2/08/2001), "I got the data from an article in American Astrology magazine a few years ago. I'm tied up with work right now (plus Mercury is retrograde) but I'll look through my old issues in a few days and see if I can find the exact source."
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/famou ... icecht.htm

Although this does not apply to Anne Rice, since birth documentation came up, I thought I'd mention this. In the USA, birth times are recorded on hospital birth certificates. When the births are registered at the local board of health or other agency, sometimes they record the birth time. Sometimes they don't. It depends on the agency. For example: I was born in New Jersey so were my sons. My "official" birth certificate, i.e. the one at the Hall of Records, does not have the birth time. However, my sons were born in a different county and their official birth certificate lists the time of birth as it is on the hospital birth certificate.

The supreme irony is that the hospital BC has a footprint and therefore is the only birth certificate that can positively identify the individual (footprints are unique to the individual like fingerprints). Yet this BC is not valid for driver's licenses, passports etc.

So, if someone knows Anne Rice and she was born in a hospital (highly likely) and she is about 50 years old or younger (Hospitals tend to keep BC on hand for about 50 years), tell her; she could possibly obtain this information.

Tom wrote:So, if someone knows Anne Rice and she was born in a hospital (highly likely) and she is about 50 years old or younger (Hospitals tend to keep BC on hand for about 50 years), tell her; she could possibly obtain this information.
But born in 1941 she is unfortunately much older than "about 50 years"!

Johannes

So, if someone knows Anne Rice and she was born in a hospital (highly likely) and she is about 50 years old or younger
Should have read if she was born in a hospital (highly likely) and if she is about 50 years old or younger.

But 1941 makes her older than me and it is highly unlikely that it would be found. I just grabbed at her as an example. The point of the post was where to look for birth times.

Anne Rice

This article gives her date of birth
http://todaynewsgazette.com/anne-rice-date-of-birth/
but I assume it is the time of birth you are really asking about?
Scorpio rising seems so pat really, but I have my doubts. I met her at a book signing once.

Just going from her literature, and what she says about herself, as not really relating to her gender for one thing. Then that she has her character in her first book yearning to belong to a community, yet being disappointed by the 'conformist clubs's he encounters, the need for vampires to detach frm any sense of empathy - well, my guess, for what it is worth, would be Aquarius, and then she might still just have a Scorpio Midheaven.

Maybe I should put that in an article somewhere.

Re: Anne Rice

astrodatabank wrote: Bob Marks' website displays the chart with 8 Scorpio rising (8:01 AM) but with no data, nor does any of his charts show data or source. He writes (2/08/2001), "I got the data from an article in American Astrology magazine a few years ago. I'm tied up with work right now (plus Mercury is retrograde) but I'll look through my old issues in a few days and see if I can find the exact source."
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/famou ... icecht.htm
This chart is 8sc02 rising -- that happens using 8:05am. I assume a minor mistake. There is no time placed on the chart.

At any rate, giving the anonymous enough credit to use it. It lures me back to 7:56:30am
Primaries:
1)Marriage - 14 October 1961
dVE 0 AS (9')
dAS 180 MA (6')
dJU 45 MA (3')
dSU 0 NO (3')
2)Death of Mate - December 2002*
dVE 120 SA (1')
cSU 180 8h (6')
dNE 90 AS (1')
dSA 150 AS (6')

I would be willing to assume the 8:05am source did not get adjustment by an astrologer who would have had to see that progressed Asc conj. Venus

wiki
*Stan Rice (November 7, 1942 ? December 9, 2002)