3rd degree of air and painting

Hi
According to Charles Carter`s Encyclopedia of Psychological astrology the 3rd degree of air signs gives talent for painting,like Durer or Turner,or me(3 gemini rising,mercury in 3 of aquarius)

Interesting that this encyclopedia answers nearly all my questions.It is based on empirical study rather than theory.

He often quotes Lily too.
He believes the deep study of astrology is under Uranus and the mental planets mercury and Jupiter but most Astrologers tend to be Saturnine,too respectful of tradiction and appeals to ancient aothority.
Even todays astrologers appeal to Ptolemy,which is as anachronic as a modern doctor support his ideas with arguments from Hipocrates or Galeno

Personally the only problem I see with the Uranian approach is that anyone can make up what he wants. Ive seen astrologers using asterioids like Make Make or White Snow which i think takes the cake

Re: 3rd degree of air and painting

Yuriy wrote:
jorge wrote:Hi
According to Charles Carter`s Encyclopedia of Psychological astrology the 3rd degree of air signs gives talent for painting,like Durer or Turner,or me(3 gemini rising,mercury in 3 of aquarius)

What about your Venus and planet rising before Sun? What's ruling your MC?
venus is the planet rising before the Sun.
MC in Aquarius. Ruler Saturn in Aquarius in 9,Uranus in 4

jorge wrote: venus is the planet rising before the Sun.
Planet rising before Sun by Ptolemy is one of candidates for professional significators. So your Venus is hinting on some artistic field.
In my case Mercury rising before Sun and ruled by Venus, this combination gave some drawing/painting talents and I was graduated from art school in architecture. And my Saturn also in Aquarius.
Strong Saturn ruling MC may indicate some construction related profession.

jorge wrote:but most Astrologers tend to be Saturnine,too respectful of tradiction and appeals to ancient aothority.
Even todays astrologers appeal to Ptolemy,which is as anachronic as a modern doctor support his ideas with arguments from Hipocrates or Galeno
Maybe, I wonder how quickly someone studying English Literature would get if they made the same claim for studying Shakespeare - that it is anachronistic for the sheer reason that it is old.

The reality is that anyone who says "Mars rules Aries" is using traditional astrology. We can either choose to study our history or choose to ignore it. If I argue that Aquarius is a water sign, would you appeal to authority too to demonstrate I am wrong?

Ultimately whether we use traditional concepts, modern ones, or 'discover' new methods ourselves, what matters the most is, presumably, that first of all they work.

Paul wrote:
jorge wrote:but most Astrologers tend to be Saturnine,too respectful of tradiction and appeals to ancient aothority.
Maybe, I wonder how quickly someone studying English Literature would get if they made the same claim for studying Shakespeare - that it is anachronistic for the sheer reason that it is old.
You are not comparing like with like, Paul..Astrology lays down laws and rules whereas literature is a different entity.
Mad Daz's Place, quiet but never boring
http://pinkmelon.proboards82.com/index.cgi

Yuriy wrote:
jorge wrote: venus is the planet rising before the Sun.
Planet rising before Sun by Ptolemy is one of candidates for professional significators. So your Venus is hinting on some artistic field.
In my case Mercury rising before Sun and ruled by Venus, this combination gave some drawing/painting talents and I was graduated from art school in architecture. And my Saturn also in Aquarius.
Strong Saturn ruling MC may indicate some construction related profession.
my venus conjunct mars in cappy ruled by saturn in 9 in aquarius
maybe architecture,but i always preferred comics,eventually i turned to music and languages and astrology is an obssession.Due to Pisces Moon i need something that allows flexibility and lack of discipline, so I prefer music and teaching languages,which also provides more freedom, but I`m not very precise and clear when I teach(pisces).

jorge wrote: my venus conjunct mars in cappy ruled by saturn in 9 in aquarius
maybe architecture,but i always preferred comics,eventually i turned to music and languages and astrology is an obssession.Due to Pisces Moon i need something that allows flexibility and lack of discipline, so I prefer music and teaching languages,which also provides more freedom, but I`m not very precise and clear when I teach(pisces).
Do not dismiss your Uranus in relation to astrology. My Venus in close trine to Uranus at 11th cusp - not professional, just astrological forum's addiction...