skyscript.co.uk
   

home articles forum events
glossary horary quiz consultations links more

Read this before using the forum
Register
FAQ
Search
View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Log in to check your private messages
Log in
Recent additions:
Lilly's Considerations
compiled by D. Houlding
Book II of Carmen Astrologicum by Dorotheus
translated by David Pingree
Compiled by Deborah Houlding
The Babylonian Astrolabe: the Calendar of Creation, by Rumen K. Kolev
Reviewed by Gill Zukovskis

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Aquarius and electricity

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jorge



Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Posts: 124

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Aquarius and electricity Reply with quote

Hi
is there any evidence that Aquarius rules electricity besides the fact the new said ruler being Uranus?
What would Hellenic Astrologers say given that Saturn is the sole ruler in this system?
thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paul
Moderator


Joined: 23 Nov 2009
Posts: 1099

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean by 'evidence'.

There's no evidence, for example, that Mars rules knives, unless you take it that there's the combined anecdotal experience of those astrologers who have noted that using Mars to signify knives works.

Really these are conventions, and the convention is that knives, which are sharp and cut, relate to the nature of the things mars signifies, so we say mars signifies, or rules, knives. But note that we don't really say that Aries rules knives. Mars does.

Similarly we might speculate that electricity is ruled by Uranus, but even if we ignore the modern dignities, we still might not conclude that because the ruling planet does, so too must the sign.

So either way I do not think Aquarius rules electricity.

Uranus might rule electricity and perhaps to someone who does not use the modern planets, maybe Mars would instead.

I have also seen it said that Neptune rules electricity btw.

So which one would traditionally rule electricity: well we have a minor problem, traditional astrologers didn't know what electricity was to have formed any opinion on it, so all we're likely to get is MODERN astrologers who use traditional planets. And this means we'll get lots of dissenting opinions. To my mind, it would depend on the context of why you're asking. I think the Sun, Mars and Mercury all have some claim toward ruling different aspects of electricity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jorge



Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Posts: 124

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul wrote:
Not sure what you mean by 'evidence'.

There's no evidence, for example, that Mars rules knives, unless you take it that there's the combined anecdotal experience of those astrologers who have noted that using Mars to signify knives works.

Really these are conventions, and the convention is that knives, which are sharp and cut, relate to the nature of the things mars signifies, so we say mars signifies, or rules, knives. But note that we don't really say that Aries rules knives. Mars does.

Similarly we might speculate that electricity is ruled by Uranus, but even if we ignore the modern dignities, we still might not conclude that because the ruling planet does, so too must the sign.

So either way I do not think Aquarius rules electricity.

Uranus might rule electricity and perhaps to someone who does not use the modern planets, maybe Mars would instead.

I have also seen it said that Neptune rules electricity btw.

So which one would traditionally rule electricity: well we have a minor problem, traditional astrologers didn't know what electricity was to have formed any opinion on it, so all we're likely to get is MODERN astrologers who use traditional planets. And this means we'll get lots of dissenting opinions. To my mind, it would depend on the context of why you're asking. I think the Sun, Mars and Mercury all have some claim toward ruling different aspects of electricity.

Hi Paul
The reason I asked is that I have MC in Aquarius and 3 planets in the sign though only one is clearly at the MC,so I thought the planets neutralize each other and the sign prevails. Since I play electric Guitar a bit i was wondering if Aquarius would fit.Mercury may fir as it rules hands but Saturn is conjunct which may cause trouble. Since Saturn at MC is associated with fall from grace I see Saturn in any other house as a smaller fall, in this case,caused by Mercury and 9th house(writings,comunication,travel etc)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paul
Moderator


Joined: 23 Nov 2009
Posts: 1099

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jorge wrote:
Paul wrote:
Not sure what you mean by 'evidence'.

There's no evidence, for example, that Mars rules knives, unless you take it that there's the combined anecdotal experience of those astrologers who have noted that using Mars to signify knives works.

Really these are conventions, and the convention is that knives, which are sharp and cut, relate to the nature of the things mars signifies, so we say mars signifies, or rules, knives. But note that we don't really say that Aries rules knives. Mars does.

Similarly we might speculate that electricity is ruled by Uranus, but even if we ignore the modern dignities, we still might not conclude that because the ruling planet does, so too must the sign.

So either way I do not think Aquarius rules electricity.

Uranus might rule electricity and perhaps to someone who does not use the modern planets, maybe Mars would instead.

I have also seen it said that Neptune rules electricity btw.

So which one would traditionally rule electricity: well we have a minor problem, traditional astrologers didn't know what electricity was to have formed any opinion on it, so all we're likely to get is MODERN astrologers who use traditional planets. And this means we'll get lots of dissenting opinions. To my mind, it would depend on the context of why you're asking. I think the Sun, Mars and Mercury all have some claim toward ruling different aspects of electricity.

Hi Paul
The reason I asked is that I have MC in Aquarius and 3 planets in the sign though only one is clearly at the MC,so I thought the planets neutralize each other and the sign prevails. Since I play electric Guitar a bit i was wondering if Aquarius would fit.Mercury may fir as it rules hands but Saturn is conjunct which may cause trouble. Since Saturn at MC is associated with fall from grace I see Saturn in any other house as a smaller fall, in this case,caused by Mercury and 9th house(writings,comunication,travel etc)


I certainly wouldn't think so. I mean is there something particularly significatant about the electric guitar that would distinguish it from liking music more generally or liking the guitar? Do you play professionally? I would not include either Saturn nor Mercury as a chief significator for playing musical instruments, though both may be necessary and important within the course of playing. Your positions of Venus and the 5th house and its lord are probably more likely to reveal something of interest there. I would think the sign that Venus is in may be more relevant. Perhaps its aspects as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jorge



Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Posts: 124

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul wrote:
jorge wrote:
Paul wrote:
Not sure what you mean by 'evidence'.

There's no evidence, for example, that Mars rules knives, unless you take it that there's the combined anecdotal experience of those astrologers who have noted that using Mars to signify knives works.

Really these are conventions, and the convention is that knives, which are sharp and cut, relate to the nature of the things mars signifies, so we say mars signifies, or rules, knives. But note that we don't really say that Aries rules knives. Mars does.

Similarly we might speculate that electricity is ruled by Uranus, but even if we ignore the modern dignities, we still might not conclude that because the ruling planet does, so too must the sign.

So either way I do not think Aquarius rules electricity.

Uranus might rule electricity and perhaps to someone who does not use the modern planets, maybe Mars would instead.

I have also seen it said that Neptune rules electricity btw.

So which one would traditionally rule electricity: well we have a minor problem, traditional astrologers didn't know what electricity was to have formed any opinion on it, so all we're likely to get is MODERN astrologers who use traditional planets. And this means we'll get lots of dissenting opinions. To my mind, it would depend on the context of why you're asking. I think the Sun, Mars and Mercury all have some claim toward ruling different aspects of electricity.

Hi Paul
The reason I asked is that I have MC in Aquarius and 3 planets in the sign though only one is clearly at the MC,so I thought the planets neutralize each other and the sign prevails. Since I play electric Guitar a bit i was wondering if Aquarius would fit.Mercury may fir as it rules hands but Saturn is conjunct which may cause trouble. Since Saturn at MC is associated with fall from grace I see Saturn in any other house as a smaller fall, in this case,caused by Mercury and 9th house(writings,comunication,travel etc)


I certainly wouldn't think so. I mean is there something particularly significatant about the electric guitar that would distinguish it from liking music more generally or liking the guitar? Do you play professionally? I would not include either Saturn nor Mercury as a chief significator for playing musical instruments, though both may be necessary and important within the course of playing. Your positions of Venus and the 5th house and its lord are probably more likely to reveal something of interest there. I would think the sign that Venus is in may be more relevant. Perhaps its aspects as well.


Venus lord of 5 conjunct Mars and Sun in Capricorn in 8 Whole sign house
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
. Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

       
Contact Deborah Houlding  | terms and conditions  
All rights on all text and images reserved. Reproduction by any means is not permitted without the express
agreement of Deborah Houlding or in the case of articles by guest astrologers, the copyright owner indictated