Jupiter in transit

Hi
Like in 2000 the Jupiter trine to my Sun seemed to have no effect at all.
It may be due to my having no planets in 12th house in Taurus, but it seems that Jupiter trines never affect me.
On the other hand a Moon opposite my Sun was enough to cause conflict with a female relative.
Odd.

daz madrigal wrote:I doubt whether most of us are aware of trine aspects of any sort.
I agree that most transiting trines pass without significant effects; although I have seen events created by trining Jupiter when it was a triple transit, that is direct, retrograde and direct on the same natal degree AND Jupiter was strong by essential and accidental dignity.

Transiting [or progressed] planets do not give you what you don't have in the first place: if a natal planet is natally weak, no matter what the cookbooks say, you might not reap that much of a benefit.

If I may ask jorge what is the state of your natal Jupiter? Was it a simple or triple transit?

james

jerd wrote:
daz madrigal wrote:I doubt whether most of us are aware of trine aspects of any sort.
I agree that most transiting trines pass without significant effects; although I have seen events created by trining Jupiter when it was a triple transit, that is direct, retrograde and direct on the same natal degree AND Jupiter was strong by essential and accidental dignity.

Transiting [or progressed] planets do not give you what you don't have in the first place: if a natal planet is natally weak, no matter what the cookbooks say, you might not reap that much of a benefit.

If I may ask jorge what is the state of your natal Jupiter? Was it a simple or triple transit?

james
A simple transit. Jupiter normally goes fast through Taurus. Jupiter is at MC in natal chart but somewhat isolated from personal planets.Oly a square from Neptune

Jupiter's speed is, I believe, dependant not upon the sign, but it's distance and position relative to the Sun.
Planets closer to the sun move quicker than those further away. I think this can be understood better because of Kepler's second and third laws of planetary motion.

As for its effect in the chart, I notice that planets which aren't notable in the natal chart, nor emphasised in a give year, tend not to manifest their influence in transit. Not every transit is equally important and not everyone will experience a Jupiter transit in obvious ways. Perhaps post your chart? For example I tend not to notice my Jupiter transits unless they're prominent by profections, and I think this is because Jupiter is not in any great dignity or debility, is cadent and is out of sect. It's not a planet that packs much punch in my chart.

Paul wrote:For example I tend not to notice my Jupiter transits unless they're prominent by profections, and I think this is because Jupiter is not in any great dignity or debility, is cadent and is out of sect. It's not a planet that packs much punch in my chart.
Hello Paul,

Just trying to understand what you wrote. Tell me, how would Jupiter in your chart become prominent by profections if as you say "it is not in any great dignity or debility, is cadent and is out of sect"?

james

Paul wrote:Jupiter's speed is, I believe, dependant not upon the sign, but it's distance and position relative to the Sun.
Planets closer to the sun move quicker than those further away. I think this can be understood better because of Kepler's second and third laws of planetary motion.

As for its effect in the chart, I notice that planets which aren't notable in the natal chart, nor emphasised in a give year, tend not to manifest their influence in transit. Not every transit is equally important and not everyone will experience a Jupiter transit in obvious ways. Perhaps post your chart? For example I tend not to notice my Jupiter transits unless they're prominent by profections, and I think this is because Jupiter is not in any great dignity or debility, is cadent and is out of sect. It's not a planet that packs much punch in my chart.
As i said mine is in MC, it rules Pisces Moon, but in whole sign house it is in 9th house. All other personal planets are in capricorn and aquarius, including jupiter, so Saturn is stronger than Jupiter. Gemini ASC

jerd wrote:
Paul wrote:For example I tend not to notice my Jupiter transits unless they're prominent by profections, and I think this is because Jupiter is not in any great dignity or debility, is cadent and is out of sect. It's not a planet that packs much punch in my chart.
Hello Paul,

Just trying to understand what you wrote. Tell me, how would Jupiter in your chart become prominent by profections if as you say "it is not in any great dignity or debility, is cadent and is out of sect"?

james
My natal promise for Jupiter isn't much to write home about. But when it was lord of the year, transits of Jupiter were still notable. For example coinciding with a small payrise when it transitted the relevant places and I used it to predict a few months before even getting a job interview that I'd either get a new job or a new role within my current job when the profections and transits, jupiter being one, all lined up in a way that was obviously meaningful to me at the time.

Jupiter is trine my sun so can still be a player in my chart. Just not the main one. I tend not to notice that one of my friends who has Jupiter more powerful in his chart experiences Jupiter transits more obviously and more frequently. My Jupiter return came and went with nothing to write home about. My juptier transits generally are very mild. I have saturn angular though. I notice THOSE transits.

Paul wrote:
jerd wrote:
Hello Paul,

james
My natal promise for Jupiter isn't much to write home about. But when it was lord of the year, transits of Jupiter were still notable. For example coinciding with a small payrise when it transitted the relevant places and I used it to predict a few months before even getting a job interview that I'd either get a new job or a new role within my current job when the profections and transits, jupiter being one, all lined up in a way that was obviously meaningful to me at the time.

Jupiter is trine my sun so can still be a player in my chart. Just not the main one. I tend not to notice that one of my friends who has Jupiter more powerful in his chart experiences Jupiter transits more obviously and more frequently. My Jupiter return came and went with nothing to write home about. My juptier transits generally are very mild. I have saturn angular though. I notice THOSE transits.
how do I get the Lord of the year?

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/dictionary/lord.php
if it`s lord of SR then Moon appears to be mine this year as cancer rises with Moon there as well

thanks

Google 'Profections' and you'll discover more.

Basically, starting from the ascendant at birth, every subsequent year gets a subsequent sign and the ruler of the sign is the lord of the year for that given year. There's a lot more to it than this obviously and there are mitigating circumstances to be considered with even this. But that's a rough rule of thumb.

Remember that you're first year of birth, when you're 6 months old say, is ruled by the first house. So when you're 10 you're not in a 10th place profection, but a 9th place profection.

I generated a chart to help with this, just look for your age and see what house it falls in. I'm 26 so in a 3rd place profection year this year for example. Capricorn is on the cusp of my 3rd house and so Saturn is my lord of the year.

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/ph ... 82b794522f

Paul wrote:Google 'Profections' and you'll discover more.

Basically, starting from the ascendant at birth, every subsequent year gets a subsequent sign and the ruler of the sign is the lord of the year for that given year. There's a lot more to it than this obviously and there are mitigating circumstances to be considered with even this. But that's a rough rule of thumb.

Remember that you're first year of birth, when you're 6 months old say, is ruled by the first house. So when you're 10 you're not in a 10th place profection, but a 9th place profection.

I generated a chart to help with this, just look for your age and see what house it falls in. I'm 26 so in a 3rd place profection year this year for example. Capricorn is on the cusp of my 3rd house and so Saturn is my lord of the year.

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/ph ... 82b794522f
You use whole sign houses in profections?
Being 50 since january I must bein 3rd house
thanks