benefic conj malefic

Hello everyone

I wonder how you tend to interpreat conjunctions of malefic to benefic.
Do you give more value in the planets' qualities?
Does the one closer to a cusp gain further strength?
If the latter, can the strength be switched by progressions' switching places?

Georgia

hi georgia,

i tend to think of planets coming together as mixing 2 colours together.. i view the slower moving planet has having a dominant say on the combo as well.. so for example with saturn and venus, i think the saturn dominates the duo, or is the dominant flavour of the combo..

i don't really think the one closer to a cusp gains more strength, or only in so far as perhaps one of the 2 planets might be more engaged with the rest of the chart and have more connections and influence.. however, i still view what i said in my first para as being the most relevant..

as for how all this is impacted via progressions, i don't see progressions as changing the basic dynamic of the chart.. perhaps part of my reasoning for this is that i know there are many different predictive techniques with sec progs being only one of the many ways of multi layering a chart for a read.. why would this one technique have some special significance apart from all the other predictive techniques available? i can't see it personally..

hey james,

I see your point as far as Saturn is concerned.
Now that I'm thinking of it over, maybe it's mars with the benefics that I find quite confusing.
Does mars conj venus make one's manners more abrupt or does it make him a smooth "killer" instead? I guess the sign and the ruler of the conjunction is of importance to determine the balance, but unless it is of martian or venusian nature, for me it's hard to judge.

Now about the blending feeling, in my personal experience it is in sextiles & trines that I see "blending" rather than in syzygies. In my triplet of Jup, Mars & Sat, each of them takes its turn respectively. First I behave in joy and positiveness/expansion, then in anger and finally like the snow queen in Antartica. And then goes another round. :-sk

ok, maybe it's the introspective mood I am into..

geo,

mars/venus conjunction would seem positive to me in many respects.. of course everything depends on the rest of the chart, but overall i like this conjunction and think it is a nice balance and coming together of two planets that can help one another out.. the square or opposition on the other hand is much more conflictual.. perhaps spontaneity is not all that attractive in a culture ruled by the head instead of the heart, where everything has to be filtered thru the ego.. this is how i see conjunctions working - in a spontaneous manner.. maybe that frightens some.. i think it does!

as for a triplet of mars/jupiter/saturn - i see that as much more challenging.. there's a lot of tension and difficulty with a mars/saturn conjunction as i see it, that jupiter is not able to offset.. much always depends on the rest of the chart and how it blends with these prominent conjunctions..

i don't really care for the terms malefic/benefic as i don't think they do the planets justice.. i can see how someone might say that about them, but i think the concept interferes with ones ability to see them clearly..

i don't really care for the terms malefic/benefic as i don't think they do the planets justice.. i can see how someone might say that about them, but i think the concept interferes with ones ability to see them clearly..
you are right. that had also been my opinion until I messed it up with tradition.. :-?