Andre Barbault on combustion

http://www.andrebarbault.com/combustion.htm

Hello
According to one of the most famous european astrologers, theres no such thing as combustion .
The Sun makes the other planet shine. In his own experience armistices tend to happen under sun -jupiter or sun-venus conjunctions.
If you can read French check the link. Some of his articles are also in articles.english.
Having had many friends born in 65-66 I can vouch for what he says about the Pluto-Uranus in Virgo generation too

Combustion: one factor amongst several

Good morning,

Monsieur Andr? Barbault published several mundane predictions decades ago that did not come true. Nevertheless, he had the courage to elaborate and publish predictions at all in contrast to many of his colleagues.

From the perspective of Hellenistic and Mediaeval astrologies, no single planetary honour or debility, essential or accidental (see Aristotle for underlying definitions), can be taken on a stand-alone, isolated basis, but rather must be evaluated in the context of the overall configurations. There are the essential states of 'in the Chariot' and 'on the Throne' deemed to mitigate combustion and 'under Helios' rays'.

These latter states repose on the nocturnal and twilight invisibility of planets so afflicted. The exact periods of such invisibility may differ from the general values expressed in ecliptical degrees assigned in Hellenistic and Mediaeval astrologies.

Best regards,

lihin
Non esse nihil non est.

lihin,

Andr? Barbault made some good predictions too and was kind enough to elaborate the basis for them too.. personally i thought he was brilliant..

margherita,

i didn't know that, but now that you mention it, it makes sense.. they were both french.. i was never made aware of morin until very recently, perhaps as his books had not been translated into english in a big way until very recently with holdens work.. i know baldwin did the translation in 76, but i never saw his translation being promoted, thanks in part to the absence of the internet perhaps and relying on that old antiquated thing called a real book store was all i had to work with..

it would be really great if someone decided to actually translate barbaults work into english.. very little of it is available and is of great interest to anyone into mundane astrology, which would include me.

it would be really great if someone decided to actually translate barbaults work into english.. very little of it is available and is of great interest to anyone into mundane astrology, which would include me.
Indeed. I have tried to talk Philip Graves into this but i think there may be some copyright issues. Considering his influence across continental Europe its a big gap in the 20th century literature on mundane astrology accessible to English speakers.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Why not learn French?

Good evening,

As a alternative to translations, why not learn French, especially in a bilingual country? Something is always lost in translation, although the lost is less amongst the Romanic languages including to and from Latin. French is a clear, elegant language with 97 % Latin roots in its vocabulary.

Andr? Baubault's book on Astrologie Mondiale is in my library. Nearly every author of mundane astrology seems to have his own 'school'. Baubault has indeed the great merit of actually having made predictions (although it is not demonstrated that their positives outcomes exceeded hazard) in contrast to many who merely apply hindsight to events that match their theories.

Currently, Jean-Baptiste Morin de Villfranche's monumental Astrologia Gallica, written in Latin, is out of print in French but available in English translations except for the first six books.

Best regards,

lihin
Non esse nihil non est.

Hello Lihin,

For those of us not quite up to your invitation of learning French just now here are some articles of Barbault that have been translated into English:

http://cura.free.fr/quinq/02barbo.html

http://www.icaquarius.nl/mundane%20astrology.htm

http://www.andrebarbault.com/conjonctio ... nd_ang.htm

Lihin wrote:
Baubault has indeed the great merit of actually having made predictions (although it is not demonstrated that their positives outcomes exceeded hazard) in contrast to many who merely apply hindsight to events that match their theories.
I agree with you that I admire astrologers who have the courage of their convictions and take the leap to actually predict. From what i undersnd though Baulbault's predictions had a more accurate hit rate than some other prominent English speaking astrologers who have ventured into this. This included a prediction of the break up of the Soviet Union.

For example check out Noel Tyl's book 'Predictions For a New Millennium'

The book is jam packed with incorrect astrological predictions! Still at least Tyl put out his predictions so we can all hopefully learn from his mistakes.

Reviews on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.com/Predictions-New-M ... s=Noel+Tyl

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Predictions-New ... 1567187374

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Re: Why not learn French?

lihin wrote:Currently, Jean-Baptiste Morin de Villfranche's monumental Astrologia Gallica, written in Latin, is out of print in French but available in English translations except for the first six books.
In English translations I can find only: books 12 to 19, and 21 to 26, but not books 7 to 11.
May you help, lihin?

Johannes

hi lihin,

learning another language is not something i am interested in at this time... i am learning astrology and music in an ongoing way - 2 languages as i see it, and frankly when i read a book in english it still has to be translated, as a lot of this stuff needs to be put in one's own context for it to make any sense.. going another step to learn a different language is not something i am interested in.. while i might not understand what morin had in mind due the translation of baldwin for example, i get enough of an idea to play with the ideas on my own which is really the most fun and what i want to do..

as for being in a bi-lingual country, these are labels to describe countries and people sometimes, and i am not one of them in the traditional way this term is used.. i am if you include astrology and music which are other forms of language.. i could be living anywhere planet earth for all that matters.. my identity is not wrapped up in my nationality in any way whatsoever.. for some, maybe it is!

Honestly, I always found Barbault very boring,

His way of judging natal charts is the one of the old manuals of the beginning of 19th century.

What his followers tend to follow in Italy where many of his books have been translated, is his approach to mundane.

Anyway to me it was always obscure because Saturn and Neptune should be communism and Jupiter-Uranus opposite Saturn and Jupiter-Neptune the world crisis....

It's a very old way to do astrology,

margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

Margherita wrote:
It's a very old way to do astrology,
Heavens! We wouldn't want any of that old fashioned astrology here on Skyscript would we? :D

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark wrote:
Heavens! We wouldn't want any of that old fashioned astrology here on Skyscript would we? :D
:oops:

It's not traditional astrology. It is the old mix of astrology with theosophy of the beginning of the XX century without the spark of Jung archetypes.
It is not a case that Barbault in Italy is more followed for mundane astrology and the outer cycles than nativities.

But why Uranus-Neptune cycle should be the clash of the ideologies, the conjunction sun-saturn the diplomacy (mastrich, bretton woods) and so on it is mystery to me....

margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com