Facebook Floatation

Does anyone have data for the floatation of Facebook on the stockmarket?

I heard that shares went on sale at the opening of the New York stock market yesterday (18th) - which Zuckerberg did himself by pressing a button in Facebook headquarters. But I'm in the UK and a news report said the sale of Facebook shares started at 4.30 UK time (p.m. I presume), which can hardly be the opening of the NY stock exchange as that would mean they didn't start working till around noon.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Melissa

Facebook Floatation

On another forum, I found this
Mark Zuckerberg rung the bell at 9:30am EST on 18 may 2012.

The bell was rung remotely from Menlo Park, California [37n27, 122w11, 8W, DST 1] where the time was 06:30 am (01:30 pm GMT)
With the author asking others for confirmation.

Facebook Floatation

No one has come back on the time of the floatation. I'm not surprised as there's a confusion.

The information I reported earlier appears to be correct. But reports state that actual trading in Facebook shares did not begin until 'a little after 11:30 a.m.' due to a technical hitch. See

http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2012/05 ... -trenches/

However, it is unclear to me whether the opening of the NY stock market represents the shares going on sale for the first time (theoretically, even though no one could actually make a purchase due to the technical hitch) or whether the moment when the shares stated to trade (I think that's the expression used in the article I've directed interested parties to) - 11.30 - should be adopted for astrological purposes. In the article it is clear that the stock market calculate progress of the shares from the time the first actual trade took place. But if the shares officially went on sale at 9.30 a.m., maybe that should be the time astrologers adopt for the floatation of Facebook.

Opinions on this point would be appreciated.

Melissa