Example: emplacement & perfection through reception

Hello all, been a reader in the forum for a while but this is my first post! Exciting!

Just thought I'd share my experience of a recent chart showing emplacement and (in my opinion) perfection with reception without an aspect, AND a void of course Moon (in Scorpio no less)!

The chart is below, the question was (rather frivolous, I admit, but definitely in earnest) addressed to my mum, 'When will he text me?' Important background to this question, there was no doubt whatsoever that he would text, it was genuinely a case of when. We were due to meet the next evening and I hadn't heard from him over the weekend but knew he would text (even if it meant a response to a text I would send).
I am mercury (Asc ruler) and the Moon, he is Jupiter (7th house). Although technically we're seeing each other (hence 7th house) it was not a question on how he feels/how I feel etc so I did not throw in venus and the sun as I really didn't believe it was relevant (although would be interested as to thoughts on this, when is it in/appropriate to use venus and the sun, no doubt this has been debated endlessly already!)

I am mercury (very) debilitated in Pisces and in the 8th house, yes, I was pretty concerned about the circumstances surrounding his contacting me! Also I was the Moon in her fall, void of course in Scorpio, again, pretty demoralised, but with an exaggerated aspect to it, very Woe Is Me! Other than the Moon being accidentally strong (4th house) I clearly had very little power to act.

He is Jupiter in Taurus, in the 9th (his 3rd, perhaps considering contacting me), a little too far from the 10th cusp, I believe, to be considered as in the 10th.

The ruler of the question would be any contact between myself (Mercury, Moon) and him (Jupiter) AND/OR his third house cusp (turned) ruler which is the 3rd from the 7th, i.e. the radical 9th house cusp ruler, Mars. Because it was genuinely about a text message, I think the turned third is the ruler of this matter, in the same way as a letter would be. Had I been waiting for a phonecall or seeing him in person it would be less clear cut and you'd want to see more 1st-7th ruler interaction.

It is here that emplacement comes into it. Just to be clear, as the glossary on Skyscript's website says (with supporting factors) Lilly writes 'Things are sometimes perfected by the dwelling of Planets in houses, viz., when the Significator of the thing demanded is casually posited in the Ascendant'. It is important to note that emplacement is NOT by sign but by house.

Mars, in this chart, is placed within a couple of degrees of the ascendant, it is emplaced in the Ascendant. This is one testimony that he will text me.

At this point though I was very thrown by the void of course moon, in Scorpio no less! And by the lack of an aspect between my ruler (Mercury), the Moon, and his rulre (Jupiter) and his third house cusp ruler (Mars). The moon had to change signs before then squaring, without reception, Mars. My certainty that he would text was wavering, I have to admit!

However I then turned toward perfection by reception alone. Lilly says, 'The use of this [mutual reception] is much; for many times when as the effecting of a matter is denyed by the Aspects, or when the significators have no Aspect to each other...yet if mutuall reception happen betwixt the principall significators, the thing is brought to passe, and that without any great trouble, and suddenly to the content of both parties.'

In Understanding Planetary Dignity and Debility, Part 6 by Deborah Houlding, (http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig6.html) mutual reception 'does not have to be by the same level of dignity. If one planet receives another by sign, and the second receives the first by exaltation, that too is mutual reception.' Bearing this in mind let's look at the receptions. Mercury is received by Jupiter by sign (in Pisces), Jupiter is received by the Moon by exaltation (in Taurus) and the Moon is not received by either BUT is less than a degree from moving into Sagittarius, where is will be received by Jupiter by Sign, thereby moving into mutual reception. Again, I must stress that I was certain he would text me, and that is why I felt confident that the moon could be pushed through being void of course because it was a matter of timing, or 'when' not 'if'.

In doing so I actually did get the timing - if the mutual reception (following Lilly) could perfect things, then the timing could be taken from when the moon moves into mutual reception with Jupiter, in 00deg42mins. Using Frawley's timing, with the longest time frame in this case being a day (I was meant to meet with him the next evening) we have the Moon cardinal by house (not involving volition) slow timeframe, combined with a fixed sign, again, slow timeframe. So one degree in this case being the longest unit - one degree = a day. In this case 42 mins = 2 thirds of a day. Again I worried (look at the chart, can you tell I'm a worrier?!) that this timing couldn't be right - he would never text me in the early morning (and the chart was saying around 8 am). Well guess what, he text around 8:30 the next morning, making sure we were going to meet that night...we met and had a very happy evening.

I do have to admit, as is often the case when we're doing our own charts, that until he texted I remained very worried and didn't 'believe' the chart, and let the void of course moon throw me off the scent, but I think the proof was in the pudding; as soon as he texted, my little worried moon felt infinitely better, it was no longer in it's fall after all, although I was pretty tired after a sleepless night (still peregrine...)!

Hope you've found this interesting and logical! I'd love to hear all your thoughts, oh, and if you're wondering about Neptune sitting on the 7th house cusp, he'd been partying very hard over the weekend, and was very out of it all the way through to the afternoon before we met. Because it is so close to the descendant, I would allow that to mean he was 'escaping' through alcohol. Again, I know it was a frivolous question in many ways, but as you can see from the chart, I was pretty worried nonetheless, everything's relative and all that! Thanks for listening!