PRELIMINARY EARTHQUAKE REPORT from USGS
Region: OFF W COAST OF NORTHERN SUMATRA
Geographic coordinates: 0.773N, 92.452E
Magnitude: 8.2 Mw Depth: 16 km
Universal Time (UTC): 11 Apr 2012 10:43:09
Time near the Epicenter: 11 Apr 2012 16:43:09
Local standard time in your area: 11 Apr 2012 10:43:09

The Earthquake
It's too early to say what's going on really, but people appear to be in a mad pannic to get away from costal areas in case of a tsunami. Uranus is on the descendant of this chart and the key-aspect appears to the Moon casting a sextile to Saturn, Lord of the 4th, through signs of long ascension.
http://www.astronor.com

Andrew wrote:
It's too early to say what's going on really, but people appear to be in a mad pannic to get away from costal areas in case of a tsunami.
Thanks Andrew,

No Tsunami as it turned out. I just watched an interview with a seismologist with the British Geological Survey explaining exactly why. Despite the immense force of this earthquake it was apparently a 'horozontal earthquake' where the force moves along the ocean floor without seriously changing sea levels. The more dramatic earthquakes such as the one in 2004 are 'thrust' earthquakes where part of one geological plate (the Indian) rapidly goes under the another geological plate (Asian). This kind of 'thrust' earthquake caused the ocean floor to drop by about 100 metres in 2004 hence causing the infamous Tsunami.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I get the feeling there is something missing in this chart, or that it may be leading up to forthcoming event. Might be a good idea to monitor the directions of the Moon at the rate of 1?=1 day or 1?=1 week. There is both the entry of the Moon into Capricorn, the square to Uranus and the conjunction with Pluto up ahead.

However, for comparisons, check out the chart for the San Francisco Earthquake in 1906:
Some readers might find this chart intriguing in view of some other EQ work we have done.

Also thinking of the Chile 8,8 Richter EQ, in February 2010.
I am guessing some of Skyscript's regular members will recognise some of the highlights and be able to relocate the previous threads.

With Uranus in Aries on the Dsc, Square Pluto in the mountainous Capricorn, I'm expecting Volcanic display of some sort out of this... even moon is fire in this one. well something to think about.

With Uranus in Aries on the Dsc, Square Pluto in the mountainous Capricorn, I'm expecting Volcanic display of some sort out of this... even moon is fire in this one. well something to think about.
Seriously, Granny, and with respect; I do not think you are expecting anything. Sounds more like a shot in the dark and something you are thinking about. But more substance may develop as we go along.

I think we should attempt to approach the matter in a 'scientific' manner.

Hi Folks,

I confess I am a bit sceptical about any consistent patterns emerging from Earthquake/Volcano event charts. As human beings and astrologers its in our DNA to seek to find patterns that can be astrologically delineated. Otherwise our efforts are no more than randomised omen reading. Once and a while we might hit a bullseye. But have we learned anything that can be replicated? I admire Andrew's efforts but I wonder if perhaps we need to look a little further than conventional astrological techniques? For example what about the apogee and perigee of the Moon?

I remain fully open to be proven wrong. Indeed it would be quite refreshing to be.... :D

Has anyone read any good books on this subject? I am thinking of buying Judith Hill's book. Maybe she has come up with some useful research.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Granny,

OK, so we disagree. I don't think the matter of earthquakes can be or should be dealt with in a fairytale manner. Not being absolutely sure that was what you were doing, just that it came out that way. Any scientist or official coming across the thread by either interest or coincidence would disregard the attempted logic and take it for fiction. My opinion is that if there is going to be any progress in this area of mundane events, it will have to be through facts and figure.

Pluto will be in Capricorn and Uranus in Aries for quite some time. The combination may indicate a shake-up on many levels, yes. The Moon in fire during an earthquake does not portrend the start of a volcano sequence. If you are working on a specific theory concerning astrological configurations, as your post may suggest, then I am sure that astrological evidence in that direction will be welcome.

One of those things that should be checked out is whether a significant afterquake occurs upon the 90? motion of the Moon. This aspect is exact at 08.40 GMT on April 18. Any peak of activity within this time interval is significant. A time margin of +/- 2 hours allows a 1? orb on lunar motion.

The other hypothesis that needs following is the 45 day pattern, but which in some instances may stretch to 47 or maybe 49 days. This direction is not located to the Sumatra area, and the key date is May 26. Now in relation to the chart at hand, the 45 days relates to 6,43 weeks an if the Moon is directed at the rate of 1? a week, then the Moon should be moved ahead 6?28' to 2CP42. This is interesting because it makes the Moon angular in the Sumatra chart of April 18. and is relating to a sensitive degree and Saturn in the Chile chart of February 27. 2010. The direction of the Moon through Capricorn could suggest that locations that hold rulership under this domain should be monitored, particularly if there were any evidence or forwarning of a pick-up in activity. So locations like Mexico and India, associated with Capricorn, would be on the watch list, but in terms of communications with seismologists any activity building up toward May 26. should be kept an eye on.

The occurance of an 8,2 Richter earthquake is surely significant, but I am not up to date on the Astro*Cartography, I have to admit. There are several manners in which this material may be treated, but there is no capacity at present. The idea is keep an eye on either the motion or the directions of the Moon. The recent Sumatra earthquake occurred in the middle of the close stations of Mars and Pluto. This is also interesting.

Andrew, I am a scientist, funny enough. And considering the area and the amount of fire signs indicated, Volcanic disruption seems more plausible to me. One has to have earth displacement, not just quake, within water to get tsunami. Volcanic disruption however is far more easily set off by earthquake, sometimes cause of earthquake, sometimes result, sometimes neither event is exactly related, but both, especially in the Indonesia area come from similar physical excitement. I appear to be incorrect in that no further high grade activity seems to be going on, but still seems far more plausible to me than tsunami with that grouping.

Mark, what is the title of the book of which you speak? I would like to at least look into the book.

Granny

Granny wrote:
Andrew, I am a scientist, funny enough. And considering the area and the amount of fire signs indicated, Volcanic disruption seems more plausible to me. One has to have earth displacement, not just quake, within water to get tsunami. Volcanic disruption however is far more easily set off by earthquake, sometimes cause of earthquake, sometimes result, sometimes neither event is exactly related, but both, especially in the Indonesia area come from similar physical excitement. I appear to be incorrect in that no further high grade activity seems to be going on, but still seems far more plausible to me than tsunami with that grouping.
When you say 'plausible' granny can I ask are you just speculating or have you looked at lots of event charts of earthquakes linked to Volcanic activity? Personally, I dont think such speculation is much help in taking us forward. Unless you want to treat an event chart like some kind of one off horary.

What I feel we need is detailed research to show if any recurrent patterns emerge. As you are scientifically trained I am sure you are very familiar with the principle of replication. Have you noticed any patterns?

Andrew is obviously,suggesting such patterns might exist in relation to the lunar cycle in relation to event charts.

I think there have been a lot of efforts by some gifted minds which I feel we all need to spend some time catching up on rather than trotting out the same old stuff analysing event charts.

Granny wrote:
Mark, what is the title of the book of which you speak? I would like to at least look into the book.
Astro-Seismology. Its based on research that first appeared in a NCGR publication in the 1980's and was written by the astrologer Judith Hill and the Seismologist Mark Polit. It was subsequently put out as a full book in 2000 by Judith Hill.

Hill and Polik compliled compregensive statistical research on 20th century earthquakes and concluded there is a definite correlation between earthquakes and planetary positions. Moreover, they suggest different regions of the world correlatate to different planetary positions. I believe their research included a prediction of an earthquake in California which occurred in the location and time indicated!

Judith is selling both the book and an audio download on her research from her website. You can download a free MP3 recording summarising the research if you register on her website.

The MP3

https://www.judithhillastrology.com/Aud ... Prediction

The Book

https://www.judithhillastrology.com/Ste ... SEISMOLOGY

Here is a piece by Mary Plumb in the Mountain Astrologer that refers to several recent pieces on earthquakes:

http://mountainastrologer.com/tma/aftershocks

An article in the National Geographic from 2005 entitled 'Can the Moon Cause Earthquakes? by John Roach

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... quake.html

Some other books, and e.books worth checking out:

Astrology in Predicting Weather & Earthquakes- B.V. Raman ) NB: Indian Astrology.

Predicting Earthquakes and Calamities, Lachhman Das Madan (2003)
NB: Indian Astrology

The Lunar Code, Ken Ring (2006)

The Astrological Prediction of Earthquakes and Seismic Data Collection, Joelle Steele ?E.Book (1994, 1998, 2003, 2009)

Predicting the Unpredictable: The Tumultuous Science of Earthquake Prediction , Susan Hough (2009) NB: Non-Astrological.

The Astro-Geology of Earthquakes and Volcanoes, Lind Weber (2011) published by AFA

Mark