Sahl says the AC ruler relates to the owner, and because the owner owns the colours.. we would be looking for merc pisces 7th colours or even name of owner. eg married couple, syndicate, something fishy or stupid etc etc, even double-barreled?
Since it so debilitated, it could be an owner who doesn't win much?
FYI, mercury often gives stripes or quarters.

Deep Purple?
Yeah this is my outside punt. I was thinking this because Jupiter disposits Mercury in Pisces+ Jupiter is bound ruler of ASC/MC/Venus. As you point out it also rules the 4th/7th. Plus the race takes place in the hour of Jupiter.
He progresses the 10th cusp.. placidus I guess?... which gives jup in taurus in 9th.. ruling 7th and 4th.
Dont really follow you here. Do you mean he moves the MC on to its next sign? Surely that is Cancer. Or do you mean he reverses the MC backwards vs zodiacal order? Surely, it would hit Venus first?
Sahl says the AC ruler relates to the owner, and because the owner owns the colours..
I probably have the text if its a translation of Ben Dykes. Been a bit slack on studying Sahl's horse racing advice though. :) Where can I track this down?

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Just move it around.. anti-clockwise.. 10 gemini.. next hit is a/s jup at 13 leo.. read the bodily placement.

Dykes; Sahl on Questions. p 164. On 12th house questions.

I won't get on line again before the race but looking forward to the post mortem already : )

Hi I am going for Planet of Sound, with a Sun Sextiling Richards Johnson natal Jupiter aspect. Air 24.54 * Gem 25.3 And Vesta Sextiling richards natal Venus Air 22.34* Gem 23.5

Source Old Moores Almananac!! Richard Johnson 27/07/1977
Ironically Old Moore's states this is one of Richard's favourable periods...

Hi guys

I just started toying with moving POF rather than the Campanus 5th cusp or MC to the body or aspect of the first planet (rules the same as moving the cusp) to predict the winning horse.

POF moves quickly enough (approx. at the same rate as a cusp), and fits for such events as horse races. No particular conclusion how it works, but it is worth monitoring.

Now we know the result perhaps we can work back to what should have indicated it. The first two horses were very close together, so indications for either would be of interest.

Winner: Neptune Collonges at 33/1, carried colours of yellow shirt with red star.

Second: Sunnyhillboy at 16/1, colours orange and green horizontal stripes.

Graham

Now we know the result perhaps we can work back to what should have indicated it. The first two horses were very close together, so indications for either would be of interest.

Winner: Neptune Collonges at 33/1, carried colours of yellow shirt with red star.

Second: Sunnyhillboy at 16/1, colours orange and green horizontal stripes.
Hello Graham,

Congratulations on your new role as a moderator!

Neptune Collonges was one of the Horses I mentioned earlier with the clear link to the ASC ruler -Mercury in Pisces. Mercury was of course angular here. The predominant yellow colour seems to have picked up the strong Gemini/Mercury theme in the chart.

I really missed Sunnyhillboy in my original deliberation but the name seemed one of three horses in the field to emphasize youth with a clear Gemini/Mercury link. However, Junior and Mon Mome didn't feature. The green stripes of Sunnyhillboy could be linked to Venus. I would normally see orange as solar so I cant place that here.

Seabass came third. Again another name I highlighted earlier with a clear link to Mercury in Pisces. The best result for a woman in the history of the national. It didn't give us a female winner but Venus on the MC possibly did reflect this.

As I said at the beginning of the thread I am a real newbie with such events. I feel rather stupid at not realising what a dangerous event this was for horses beforehand. Somehow I naively fooled myself into thinking this was now a safer event. The fact two horses in the field had to be shot ( apparently like last year) has really taken all the fun out of this event for me. Unless the RSPCA proposals are accepted I dont think I will be getting involved in this kind of thing again. Even then I wonder if such an event can ever be made safe. Sorry I dont mean to get on my soapbox. I just found the news of these horses dying quite upsetting. More generally, I have come to realise how many race horses die each year. I am not getting all evangelical. I appreciate people come here to discuss astrology not animal rights. Still I found these stats quite chilling:

http://www.horsedeathwatch.com/

South Node in the 10th maybe reflected this. Aquarian Moon trining the MC and all the Gemini perhaps reflections all the discussion on this national and calls for reform of the event. Plus the ASC ruler in Pisces could reflect the concern for animal welfare.

How might we assign houses for the separate features like Horses, Jockeys, trainers , owners and officials?

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

This race always has an 8th house sun which I think contributes to the danger.

The SN and pergrine venus equal house 10th, reflects Shal very well.
1. The winner was an outsider at 33/1
2. The trainer Paul Nicholls had never had a winner before, having had 52 entries. He was runner up in 2005.
3. A grey hadn't won the race since 1961 and is only the 2nd ever to do so
4. The horse is now retired!
5. Perhaps most telling of the South Node; Nicholls lost a horse in this race last year.

The colours of 1st and second are somewhat gemini/mercury.. yellow and especially stripes.

Apart from that, I would never have picked up the clues to this winner!