Grand National

The Grand National will be run on Saturday 14 April at 16:15 BST at the Aintree course (53N29 2W56). ASC 15VI35, MC 10GE36, Moon 9AQ32 in the 5th.

There are a number of methods used for predicting horse races. Mine is to look for a horse whose name and owner's colours match the chart.

The Asc and MC are both ruled by Mercury, in Pisces and the 7th and Venus is closely conjunct the MC (H9) at 9GE30 with the Moon just past the exact trine to it.

Mercury in Gemini as chart ruler suggests Junior. The owner's colours are light blue - very Venus.

Other thoughts welcomed.

Graham

Hi GB My thinking is the Asc and ruler are usually the same every year. Surely it has not to do with them. What else? If you look back here to 2009 I had a stab at it and got it wrong. What about looking at the Sun? I was checking out your theory but had difficulty finding the colours of the jockeys in past races in the Grand National. In the case of saturday's race wat are the colours? Where do we find te colours? Some of the horses don't have jockeys yet. In 2009 I tried the moving of the 5th house cusp anti-clockwise to its first aspect. John Addey suggested Campamus houses.
In the chart for this years race moving the 5th cusp we have an aspect with Venus a quincunx or a major with Pluto conjuntion. Horses with a Venus associated name the nearest I can think is In Compliance and Any Currency
or Pluto related we have Black Apalachi.

I'm going to check the odds on them. I'll be back soon

Stan

I am not much of a gambler. Boring as it sounds when I do it tends to be on political events. I must say I have done rather well to date. However, I occasionally place a small bet on the national and its well overdue that I seriously looked at the Astrology of Horse racing. Plus I have my Jupiter return going on just now. :D

Here is the chart:
I found this wee article that has some handy tips:

http://midnightsunastrology.wordpress.c ... se-racing/

Here are all the runners listed by colours and odds:

http://www.grand-national-guide.co.uk/g ... unners.php

Below is a useful piece pulling together diverse astrological associations of colours. Sepharial might be most relevant here as he wrote a work on the astrology of Horse racing!

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/colour.html

On the Venus connection could this be hinting to a female jockey? Moon is also the planet in closest aspect to MC. Seems a doubling of female symbolism?

http://www.grand-national.com/female-jo ... onal-2012/

Moon is trine that Angular Venus on the MC. Both in air signs and a mercury ruled ASC/MC?

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Astrological Observations:

-We have an Aquarian Moon
-Closest aspect to MC-Moon
-ASC and MC sign ruler is Mercury
-Mercury is angular in Pisces
-Most angular planet is Venus on MC
-Other angular planet is Mercury
-Almuten of MC/Venus is Saturn (Exaltation and triplicity)
-Race Takes place in planetary hour of Jupiter
-ASC , MC and Venus are in the bound/term of Jupiter

Astrological links to Horse names?

Junior fits the Mercury association of both the ASC/MC .

Organisedconfusion. ASC/MC ruler Mercury is angular here. ASC Virgo with Mercury in detriment and fall in Pisces fits the name well.

Seabass. With Mercury in Pisces a clear association to its fish symbolism

Planet of Sound-Venus?

Neptune Collonges-Mercury in Pisces again.

Neptune Equester-As above

Alpha Beat-Using the musical connection to Venus?

Deep purple-On the logic that Jupiter is the traditional ruler of Pisces and Venus/MC in bound of Jupiter.

If we are going for a female Jockey both Seabass and Organisedconfusion could fit the symbolism well. Overall, I am leaning to organisedconfusion but appropriately cant make up my mind yet. :D

I will post up some comments on the Horse colours later.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I use Addey's campanus 5th method.
This chart is therefore somewhat confusing!

Venus in Gemini on MC ruling 9th and 2nd houses.
Mon Mome (it means "brat" or "kid", child) fits, as does Junior.
With the tight trine to moon, also In Compliance.

Addey says if 5th cusp hits several planets simultaneously, take the bodily aspect.. so that would be pluto in cap in 5th, ruling 3rd.
I like Weird Al (but form is terrible!)
On His Own might be a better bet... that pluto is unaspected!
Shakalakaboomboom calls me too. In terms of mercury for the stripes.
Always Right could fit of course.

According to Sahl, it will be an outsider and/or a foreign horse that wins. (Peregrine planet in 10th)

I can't remember which big race was won by an amateur jockey last year.. but I do remember that the chart had SN in 10th.. like this one. So I am expecting some sort of surprise win connected to being an unknown/bad form/or otherwise discounted in some way.

Junior has been mentioned 3 times now!

Good luck everyone!

Mark, I like your reference to a female jockey which would fit the SN in 10th as well, since it would be unexpected/discounted by the majority.

Could Organisedconfusion also fit pluto in cap?

Seabass has good pluto colours.
And there is another Walsh in the race (so much mercury in this chart there is bound to be some sort of double/mulitple connection).. Ruby Walsh sounds like a girl!

According to Sahl, it will be an outsider and/or a foreign horse that wins. (Peregrine planet in 10th)
Well if its an outsider that would be impressive. Unfortunately Irish winners are becoming the norm so that doesn't help so much. :lala
Mon Mome (it means "brat" or "kid", child) fits, as does Junior.
With the tight trine to moon, also In Compliance.
Thanks my French is non-existent. Mmm your the second to mention compliance. The Moon/Venus link does fit.
I use Addey's campanus 5th method.

I am a total newbie at this. What pray tell is Addey's method? I keep hearing about it. Does he mention it in any books/articles? I am not planning to research it this weekend but I would like to follow this up later.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Could Organisedconfusion also fit pluto in cap?
On colour there I thought the Sky blue fiited the Airy signs that predominate with key angles, and Venus , Moon placed in such signs. Also the light Green/Blue fits Venus according to Lilly and Sepharial.

Although all that mercury makes me think of yellow. :???:

No idea on Pluto. I dont use non-Ptolemaic aspects so I discount quincunxes as aspects. However, Saturn is the Almuten of both the MC and Venus and those dark colours could fit its traditional symbolism.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PallasAthene wrote:Ruby and Kate Walsh are brother and sister apparently.
And Kate Walsh and Carberry are sisters-in law.
Mercury (and gemini) rules brothers!

Addey method was published in the Astrological Journal in 1960. Revived by Frawley in Sports Astrology. It's very simple. Campanus house system, move 5th cusp to next planet. (Antiscion works as well).
Non-ptolemic aspects are allowed.
Take note of that planet, it's sign, house AND the house(s) it rules. The name of the winning horse will bear that association.
It helps if the colours fit too, but I'm not sure Addey mentions that. He concentrates on the name association.

Campanus 5th cusp is at 8:05 cap. And we have 3 planets 9:30 something seconds. : (

Mark wrote:
No idea on Pluto. I dont use non-Ptolemaic aspects so I discount quincunxes as aspects. However, Saturn is the Almuten of both the MC and Venus and those dark colours could fit its traditional symbolism.

Mark
Pluto would probably be favourite in Addey method because it is the strongest major aspect when having to choose between 3 planets.

in cap could also add weight to a female connection since it's in cap.. feminine sign.
There are no mares in the race, so it is down to 2 female jockey and 2 female trainers.

Addey method was published in the Astrological Journal in 1960. Revived by Frawley in Sports Astrology. It's very simple. Campanus house system, move 5th cusp to next planet. (Antiscion works as well). Take note of that planet, it's sign, house AND the house(s) it rules. The name of the winning horse will bear that association.
It helps if the colours fit too, but I'm not sure Addey mentions that. He concentrates on the name association.
Thanks. I am embarrased to admit I have Frawley's book buried away somewhere. Oh I see the Pluto link now in terms of the 5th!

Dont think I will be adopting Campanus houses any time soon though. Not least as they start to create ridiculously large/small houses in more northern latitudes like Scotland. My natal chart ( located for Edinburgh) is totally hilarious with Campanus houses. The 6th and 12th houses make up 255 degrees of the entire chart!

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.