Well done, Andrew!!! :'

Since we know the winner, I must say that the method - all planets stand still but Midheaven moves forward until it reaches a major aspect with a planet, then the aspecting planet itself is the winning entry but the sign containing it is the winning country - totally failed. Euphoria seems to have no association with Mars in Virgo. It definitely must have qualities of Jupiter (lord of hour) conjunct Algol.

I placed to much on a Leo Moon as a "no" testimony for Sweden, otherwise I would have gone for the fave. I'm committed to making a deeper research; and surely next time we will find testimonies which matter and which not.

Betting has already started for Eurovision 2013!!

Unibet are already providing prices for next years contest! If you think the United Kingdom stands a better change next year, the price is 100:1!! :o

Denmark 5.50____Austria 25.00_____Georgia 75.00
Russia 6.50______Ireland 25.00_____Poland 75.00
Norway 7.50_____Romania 25.00____Albania 100.0
Switzerland 7.50__Estonia 30.00_____Armenia 100.0
Finland 8.00______Iceland 30.00_____Belarus 100.0
Germany 8.00____Azerbaijan 50.00__Bosnia & Herzegovina 100.0
Belgium 10.00____Croatia 50.00_____FYR Macedonia 100.0
Turkey 10.00_____Greece 50.00_____Latvia 100.0
France 15.00_____Hungary 50.00____Lithuania 100.0
Italy 15.00______Spain 50.00_______Malta 100.0
Serbia 15.00____Netherlands 50.00__Portugal 100.0
Sweden 15.00___Cyprus 75.00______Ukraine 100.0

United Kingdom 100.0
Bulgaria 150.0
Israel 150.0
Moldova 150.0
Slovakia 150.0
Slovenia 150.0
Montenegro 200.0

However they do it, I don't know! Personally, I have no objections to either the British or Bosnia & Herzegovinian entry. Iceland at 30:1? :lol:

The UK may withdraw from next years contest! (Link)
http://www.astronor.com

Andrew Bevan wrote: However they do it, I don't know!
Maybe they have an astrologer down there in eurobet! :-T
It seems they have have given higher possibilities to the countries surroundign Sweden.. Moon disposed by mercury in Gem = pointing to neighbours??

Anyway, I would also like to thank & congratulate you, Andrew, as well as the rest fellow members ?Goca & Janis- who are regular in this kind of threads. It?s really fascinating searching for the winner, sort of reading a crime series book! I should have tried to learn from your previous Eurovision topics first, before I lose my money! Well, as they say, unless you fail somewhere, you don?t learn!

Possibly this don?t mean a thing, but after reading your delineations about 2009, 2010 & 2011 Eurovision contests, I noticed that L1 itself possibly provides useful information.

2009, L1=Jup conj Neptune & Moon (?Fairy Tale?)
2010, L1=Mars, in Leo, giving the feature of ?someone standing alone?, as you noticed before ?Satellite? wins
2011, L1=Mars, in detr (Tau) in 6H, where you amazingly said it ?has something to do about functionality and solving a problem? (?Runing Scared?!!)

Similar, this year?s ?Euphoria? , maybe in the end had also to do with L1, Saturn, the singer?s performance in particular, as she seemed as someone looking its equilibrium (Saturn in Libra ) through Asian spiritualism (in 9H)

regards,
Georgia

Thanks Georgia,
geo wrote:It?s really fascinating searching for the winner, sort of reading a crime series book! I should have tried to learn from your previous Eurovision topics first, before I lose my money! Well, as they say, unless you fail somewhere, you don?t learn!
This is so true - it is like a detective game! Many parts of the puzzle have to be taken into consideration before they can be eliminated, so everyone participating is making an important contribution no matter at what end of the problem they are working!

Putting money on your predicions has to do with commitment. This requires some dicipline, but there is the additional focus and learning. Showing your commitment makes you trustworthy. Eventually, you might experience pride in your skill and/or profits, whether small or large! ;)

Maybe Moon in Virgo opposite Neptune in next years chart will have something to do with sorting things out, searching, dreaming, caring for fragile matters.. things like that. I am also wondering whether the cadent Moon will move things away from the obvious favourite, but I am in no way certain. And then when we have looked at all the material, we can change or make up our mind. :)

Congratulations

Congratulations on your win Andrew! By the time of the contest I became concerned that my prediction regarding Iceland was wrong because their odds changed dramatically. This meant that my initial rule of thumb about odds was no longer true and makes me think it is best to predict as close as possible to the event. I was quite pleased with my Estonia prediction though since they ended up in the top 10, which is much better than expected.

I ruled out Sweden, because I felt sure that Mars in Virgo, plus moon in the seventh house indicated a couple. I later considered the fact that because the male dancer lifts her up during the routine, it might not be counted as a solo performance. Although Loreen has mars in virgo natally, I could not see enough indications in the Swedish chart. The last times they have one there has always been a close aspect between the sun and the moon, but maybe the moon in the sign of the sun was sufficient to continue the theme.

As for the mercury combust in the fifth house, perhaps it indicates confused gamblers and speculaters! I hadn't considered the emphasis on the fifth house, echoed by the moon in Leo. I guess euphoria is an altered state of mind, which is nonetheless positive. So what about the venus retrograde in Gemini? She moved her arms and legs around a lot, and did a strange sideways dance. There was no tie in the final, but apparently there was in one of the semis in terms of the qualifiers.

I think next year, I'll be more careful not to rule out the favourite.

Fixed Star wrote:I think next year, I'll be more careful not to rule out the favourite.
The favourite frequently performs well and the end result doesn't always have to be difficult. Yet, Sweden was not my personal favourte as I early took a liking to the Italian entry. The chart could have suggested Italy, seeing the Moon in Leo in the 7th - that would have been good astrology. But when it came down to sorting out how the chart worked and comparing with our discussion from previous years 'Euphoria' was the song I eventually backed. This was a learning experience. The chart this year contained unusual particulars, that's my thoughts on the matter anyhow.

During the contest I thought that Loreen maybe had made a poor performance. But it didn't change the end result. The same guy, Peter Bostr?m, had written the lyrics to both the Swedish and the Norwegian entries, so Bostr?m din in fact came both first and last. Next year we will have a fresh score card and maybe the cadent Moon suggests we should look more into the deep to find the winner! :)

The Estonian entry 'Kuula' did well coming 6th and since you mention Estionia I might say that I still go around humming to the 2003 entry 'Eighties Coming Back' performed by Claire's Birthday (Ruffus). (Link) 8) :'