Longevity Study - Maximum lifespan

I am posting this on behalf of Dr H, who is having problems accessing the forum at the moment but wants to share this news:

======

Longevity Study - Maximum lifespan

Published Oct 5, 2016 is a new study by Dr. Jan Vijg of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, stating that humans are unlikely to live past 115 years. The research is based on an apparent age ceiling reached by those living past the age of 100 which has remained relatively constant. Broadly speaking these findings are consistent with the Sun's 120 major years as representing a maximum longevity based on traditional longevity rules. Thought this was of interest in passing on.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/va ... 19793.html

This article was publicized in today's New York Times but my NYT link is customized to my own password details so can't provide the NYT link here. Go to nytimes.com and search on "What's the Longest Humans can Live" and you should find the article there.

Am still not satisfied on the origin of 120 and 108 as the Sun and Moon's respective major years in the astrological tradition. Appears to be a separate origin compared to the major years of the five visible planets which are likely Babylonian. 120 and 108 do appear more frequently in the Indian tradition but again, not satisfied on what I have seen so far.

======
Dr. H from Regulus Astrology LLC