Notes on Tetrabiblos and sectby season

I was looking at the tetrabiblios and here are a few things that flashed through my mind.
On 9. On the fixed signs he mentions things like ?the stars on the feet of Gemini, or the thigs of Gemini etc? suggest he used constellations or sidereal zodiac.

On exaltations, he says Mars is at its most fiery in Capricorn. This is very different from the modern tradition which claims Mars in Capricorn is disciplined,cold, controlled.

But most important, people talk about planets in sect and tend to ignore season, of which he talks about too.
Saturn is in sect in day chart, but is a different Saturn the one in the Winter and the one in Summer, In the latter it would be even more in sect in my view.
But nothing is said about this and many people ignore it due to the Southern hemisphere controversy.
Suffice to say that in oriental astrologies, it is the sign representing season,rather than the season,that matters

Thanks

Non-issue during Ptolemy's lifetime

Good morning,

The main development of ancient Hellenistic astrology took place when the equal signs of a tropical zodiac (northern hemisphere) rather closely corresponded to the same-named unequal astronomic constellations. Hipparchos' definitions of the equal tropical signs from about 150 BCE included each Alpha Star of the same-named constellation in the corresponding sign. So it is not surprising that it is difficult to ascertain in many cases whether Hellenistic astrological authors referred to signs (tropical and/or 'sidereal'), constellations or both.

Meanwhile, from a strictly geocentric perspective, the 'sphere' of fixed stars has advanced counter-clockwise nearly 30 degrees of ecliptical longitude.

Before replying about Ptolemy's text concerning season and sect, your would much oblige, Damon, by citing book and chapter numbers as well as which translation you have used.

Best regards,

lihin
Non esse nihil non est.