Shakespeare And Mars Retrograde

Hi All,

This is a long shot but is anyone here familiar with the passage in a Shakespeare play where the characters are speaking to each other about the battle strategy of one of them. The one guy guesses that the other has mars retrograde in his natal, because he goes "much backward" when he fights. "Yes" says the other, "that's for advantage".

My astrology books are in storage and I can't stop thinking about it with mars currently retrograde! I thought it was so brilliant and accurate.

This thread deserves more attention. It is a good quote. Not only does it quote retrograde Mars, but it also reflects a shrewd knowledge of the working.
DonnaChang wrote:...because he goes "much backward" when he fights. "Yes" says the other, "that's for advantage".
The thumb rule is not to attack or initiate under a retrograde Mars, but to respond. There are those sports or contests where it is said that 'attack may be the best defense' but then there are also those strategies where you simply wait for the opponent to make a mistake and then respond to that. The latter would be an example of retrograde Mars.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astronor.com

I find the mars retrograde periods challenging in that there is a tendency to feel apathetic yet irritated. I agree it is an inauspicious time to begin an important project.

Another pitfall of the mars retrograde period, or mars retro natally, is said to be passive-aggression. One doesn't "own" his anger which invites an attack.