House ruling "bugs"

Greetings,

This question is "Do I have bed bugs again?" I would like to know if I am using L8 correctly in finding 'bed bug' signifactor.
Querent is understandably combust and retro in Aries. L12 also rules the hidden (thought that to be a confirmation). Ruler of L8 is Mars Rx right there in the first. Seems present and clear, but just before I go further can someone confirm ruler of bed bugs is 8?

I do not think that there is a house at all which would properly rule over bed bugs. Perhaps, the sixth house which is the house of illness and the chore which makes us sick and with which we have to deal on a daily basis. The eight house is to severe for such little nasty creatures like bed bugs. They do not cause death, nor they help receive inheritance or your partner's money. Bed bugs are not a matter of the twelfth house either, for they are large enough to be seen and not ephemeral creatures (evil ghosts) which would fit to the twelfth house.

I would take the significations of bed bugs from the planet which afflicts the ascendant, its ruler or the Moon (which traditionally are associated with the body). Here we see that Mars, who disposes Mercury, the lord of ascendant, is lounging on the ascendant. Mars, as a planet afflicting the ascendant, should signify the bed bugs. His retrograde motion may be indicative of the re-occurrence.

I don't know if there would be a house in particular for bugs, though probably 6th or 12th house if there is.

However I think the question can be addressed without necessarily finding a house for the bugs, but rather using the first house (as yourself) or the fourth (for the bed) and seeing if it is afflicted - particularly by Mars (as indicating biting).

I see that Mars is upon the ascendant so this may indicate something that might be relevant to the idea of being 'attacked' by something that bites.

Janis Valkovskis wrote: Bed bugs are not a matter of the twelfth house either, for they are large enough to be seen and not ephemeral creatures (evil ghosts) which would fit to the twelfth house..
I only read your post now. I didn't realise you coudl see bed bugs. I must not have ever had any.
Excuse my ignorance then. I said they could be 12th house as I assumed they were too small to see.

Still slightly unsure though Mars Rx seems to be strongest candidate. 6-Illness, but it is not causing illness per se. It is causing distress, much discomfort, frustration and so on. L12 makes sense too. I have not seen them in about a year. I did see full grown ones last year when the problem first appeared within the furniture folds. L8 could be. I don't think the issue is not severe enough for L8. If you have read (or experienced) bed bugs they cause insomnia, severe physical pain (releasing an itchy chemical into your skin,) bouts of anger and depression and I have read in some cases suicide. That is severe.

Having said that, MarsRx in L1 does seem to describe the situation perfectly.

I have had many treatments over a couple of years and am asking because last heat treatment was done in early March. After I reported again, our bldg manager said they have spent thousands, it should be done with. They called in a K9 who found no bugs (they say) so they will not help us any further. I am suspicious because I still feel it every night. I slept in a winter coat on the kitchen floor the other night.

Thanks everybody.

Konrad, I agree to take L6 for the state I'm in, my "illness" and the effects caused by these horrid creatures :, . Do you think L6 could also represent small creatures. These are not (wanted) household pets, but you know what I mean. The question being "Do I have bedbugs again?" would not be answered by connecting L1 to L6 in this case. Do you agree with that? I still need the bedbug signifactor. I do have The Rulership Book at home and will check that and report back for any interest here too soon.

Hi Talia,

I seem to remember reading something about bugs and pests in an astrological talisman text. It concerned which house ruler to afflict to get rid of them. I can't remember where I read it though and I'm having trouble finding it. I think it was the 6th house but I will look again more thoroughly tomorrow and I'll report back to you if I find it.

I know that the 6th is the illness and the cause, so that would be my opinion at the moment.

Saturn and/or Mars (the malefics) probably rule insects, especially those that make one's life miserable. Lilly assigned them for gnats and flies, for example (Mars for cockroaches).

I had a friend who asked me about a return of infestation with mice and Saturn rx ruled the mice (I know they aren't insects but they were adding a lot of stress to her life). It just reminded me of the question because it was also a question of whether or not the problem would return.

A blood-sucking, parasitic insect especially would be well represented by Mars, as Paul pointed out. Mars rx in the ASC is probably representing the issue. A retrograde planet, especially angular, tends to signal a return or reversal, etc. When asking about a return of something, you would do well to notice retro planets! Again, in my friend's chart Saturn was retrograde.

Tanit wrote:Saturn and/or Mars (the malefics) probably rule insects, especially those that make one's life miserable. Lilly assigned them for gnats and flies, for example (Mars for cockroaches).

I had a friend who asked me about a return of infestation with mice and Saturn rx ruled the mice (I know they aren't insects but they were adding a lot of stress to her life). It just reminded me of the question because it was also a question of whether or not the problem would return.

A blood-sucking, parasitic insect especially would be well represented by Mars, as Paul pointed out. Mars rx in the ASC is probably representing the issue. A retrograde planet, especially angular, tends to signal a return or reversal, etc. When asking about a return of something, you would do well to notice retro planets! Again, in my friend's chart Saturn was retrograde.
Good confirmation from Moderator. I will take MerRx. I thought its the strongest candidate too.