glossary horary quiz consultations links more

Read this before using the forum
Register
FAQ
Search
View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Recent additions:
Godfather of Modernity: The Alan Leo Legacy Vol. One - Early Astrological Journals 1890-1912, compiled by Philip M Graves
Reviewed by Deborah Houlding
Lilly's Considerations
compiled by D. Houlding
Book II of Carmen Astrologicum by Dorotheus
translated by David Pingree
Compiled by Deborah Houlding
The Babylonian Astrolabe: the Calendar of Creation, by Rumen K. Kolev
Reviewed by Gill Zukovskis

Skyscript Astrology Forum

House ruling "bugs"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talia

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: House ruling "bugs" Reply with quote

Greetings,

This question is "Do I have bed bugs again?" I would like to know if I am using L8 correctly in finding 'bed bug' signifactor.

Querent is understandably combust and retro in Aries. L12 also rules the hidden (thought that to be a confirmation). Ruler of L8 is Mars Rx right there in the first. Seems present and clear, but just before I go further can someone confirm ruler of bed bugs is 8?
Janis Valkovskis

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think that there is a house at all which would properly rule over bed bugs. Perhaps, the sixth house which is the house of illness and the chore which makes us sick and with which we have to deal on a daily basis. The eight house is to severe for such little nasty creatures like bed bugs. They do not cause death, nor they help receive inheritance or your partner's money. Bed bugs are not a matter of the twelfth house either, for they are large enough to be seen and not ephemeral creatures (evil ghosts) which would fit to the twelfth house.

I would take the significations of bed bugs from the planet which afflicts the ascendant, its ruler or the Moon (which traditionally are associated with the body). Here we see that Mars, who disposes Mercury, the lord of ascendant, is lounging on the ascendant. Mars, as a planet afflicting the ascendant, should signify the bed bugs. His retrograde motion may be indicative of the re-occurrence.
Paul

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if there would be a house in particular for bugs, though probably 6th or 12th house if there is.

However I think the question can be addressed without necessarily finding a house for the bugs, but rather using the first house (as yourself) or the fourth (for the bed) and seeing if it is afflicted - particularly by Mars (as indicating biting).

I see that Mars is upon the ascendant so this may indicate something that might be relevant to the idea of being 'attacked' by something that bites.
Paul

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janis Valkovskis wrote:
Bed bugs are not a matter of the twelfth house either, for they are large enough to be seen and not ephemeral creatures (evil ghosts) which would fit to the twelfth house..

I only read your post now. I didn't realise you coudl see bed bugs. I must not have ever had any.
Excuse my ignorance then. I said they could be 12th house as I assumed they were too small to see.
Talia

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still slightly unsure though Mars Rx seems to be strongest candidate. 6-Illness, but it is not causing illness per se. It is causing distress, much discomfort, frustration and so on. L12 makes sense too. I have not seen them in about a year. I did see full grown ones last year when the problem first appeared within the furniture folds. L8 could be. I don't think the issue is not severe enough for L8. If you have read (or experienced) bed bugs they cause insomnia, severe physical pain (releasing an itchy chemical into your skin,) bouts of anger and depression and I have read in some cases suicide. That is severe.

Having said that, MarsRx in L1 does seem to describe the situation perfectly.

I have had many treatments over a couple of years and am asking because last heat treatment was done in early March. After I reported again, our bldg manager said they have spent thousands, it should be done with. They called in a K9 who found no bugs (they say) so they will not help us any further. I am suspicious because I still feel it every night. I slept in a winter coat on the kitchen floor the other night.
jill elinore

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use saturn for the bed bugs as they hide in the dark. Only if its in-sect though ...
Konrad

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use the 6th since they are causing you illness and that seems to be the reason you are asking the horary.
jill elinore

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What house rules 'new mattress'? And insecticide?
Talia

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody.

Konrad, I agree to take L6 for the state I'm in, my "illness" and the effects caused by these horrid creatures Thumbs down . Do you think L6 could also represent small creatures. These are not (wanted) household pets, but you know what I mean. The question being "Do I have bedbugs again?" would not be answered by connecting L1 to L6 in this case. Do you agree with that? I still need the bedbug signifactor. I do have The Rulership Book at home and will check that and report back for any interest here too soon.
Konrad

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Talia,

I seem to remember reading something about bugs and pests in an astrological talisman text. It concerned which house ruler to afflict to get rid of them. I can't remember where I read it though and I'm having trouble finding it. I think it was the 6th house but I will look again more thoroughly tomorrow and I'll report back to you if I find it.

I know that the 6th is the illness and the cause, so that would be my opinion at the moment.
Tanit

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturn and/or Mars (the malefics) probably rule insects, especially those that make one's life miserable. Lilly assigned them for gnats and flies, for example (Mars for cockroaches).

I had a friend who asked me about a return of infestation with mice and Saturn rx ruled the mice (I know they aren't insects but they were adding a lot of stress to her life). It just reminded me of the question because it was also a question of whether or not the problem would return.

A blood-sucking, parasitic insect especially would be well represented by Mars, as Paul pointed out. Mars rx in the ASC is probably representing the issue. A retrograde planet, especially angular, tends to signal a return or reversal, etc. When asking about a return of something, you would do well to notice retro planets! Again, in my friend's chart Saturn was retrograde.
Talia

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit wrote:
Saturn and/or Mars (the malefics) probably rule insects, especially those that make one's life miserable. Lilly assigned them for gnats and flies, for example (Mars for cockroaches).

I had a friend who asked me about a return of infestation with mice and Saturn rx ruled the mice (I know they aren't insects but they were adding a lot of stress to her life). It just reminded me of the question because it was also a question of whether or not the problem would return.

A blood-sucking, parasitic insect especially would be well represented by Mars, as Paul pointed out. Mars rx in the ASC is probably representing the issue. A retrograde planet, especially angular, tends to signal a return or reversal, etc. When asking about a return of something, you would do well to notice retro planets! Again, in my friend's chart Saturn was retrograde.

Good confirmation from Moderator. I will take MerRx. I thought its the strongest candidate too.
Konrad

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I couldn't find the passage I was thinking of but I had a problem with a mouse a few months ago and used a talisman to keep it away.

If you're confident enough to create an election, perhaps a talisman would be a good way to help you get rid of the bugs?

Here is a link to Chris Warnock's site where he outlines the creation of a talisman to get rid of a rat:

http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/agripparatexample.html
Talia

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its there a possibility of MarsRx being another type of "bug"? Building Manager commented after all the treatments of heat and cold that at this point they've done all they can do, the last k9 sniffer dog said there were no alerts to bed bugs. this is what makes me angry. I'm tortured whenever I'm in my home. Bldg mgr. says its something else. Coudl that be true? Something else like fleas? The bites look like mosquito bites. I dont want to ask so much but I really don't see an aspect in my chart that says "yessss. its bugs!" I see an affliction of MarsRx on me, my body in L1, but no aspect.
varuna2

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delete

Last edited by varuna2 on Sat May 04, 2013 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: