The real UK chart

Hi

Since Britain is such a class conscious society, wouldn`t it make sense that the most accurate or useful chart for the country be the Great Britain chart,as this is a diurnal chart? The dryness of the day makes the Sun more prone to these class distinctions, unless of course, they are caused by another planet.
The idea first sprang to mind when I was reading about Sun in libra at astrology x files

Jorge:
Since Britain is such a class conscious society, wouldn`t it make sense that the most accurate or useful chart for the country be the Great Britain chart,as this is a diurnal chart? The dryness of the day makes the Sun more prone to these class distinctions, unless of course, they are caused by another planet. The idea first sprang to mind when I was reading about Sun in libra at astrology x files
Hello Jorge,

I find your outlook rather odd here. If we are going to use national charts we need to work with the historically relevant dates/times not charts based on pure hypothetical theory. The fact is like it or not the two most favoured charts for the UK (1801 and 1927) are timed for midnight due to the coming in of legal changes. Which Great Britain chart do you mean? There are several? -1707, 1801, 1922, & 1927. Do you mean the chart for the union of England and Scotland in 1707? Whatever, its theoretical appeal in my experience it just doesn't seem to work as well as the 1801 or 1927 charts. That seems to be the view of most British astrologers.

The 1066 chart is day based but is really not based on accurate timing and is used exclusively for England not the entire United Kingdom. Still, it does seem to work fairly well.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Mark wrote:Jorge:
Since Britain is such a class conscious society, wouldn`t it make sense that the most accurate or useful chart for the country be the Great Britain chart,as this is a diurnal chart? The dryness of the day makes the Sun more prone to these class distinctions, unless of course, they are caused by another planet. The idea first sprang to mind when I was reading about Sun in libra at astrology x files
Hello Jorge, I find your outlook rather odd here. If we are going to use national charts we need to work with the historically relevant dates/times not charts based on pure hypothetical theory. The fact is like it or not the two most favoured charts for the UK (1801 and 1927) are timed for midnight due to the coming in of legal changes. Which Great Britain chart do you mean? There are several? -1707, 1801, 1922, & 1927. Do you mean the chart for the union of England and Scotland in 1707? Whatever, its theoretical appeal in my experience it just doesn't seem to work as well as the 1801 or 1927 charts. The 1066 chart is day based but is really not based on accurate timing and is used exclusively for England not the entire United Kingdom. Mark
But the empire began before 1801,although it reached the peak in the 19th century
Since the act of union was the first chart including countries other than England,and Scotland played a pivotal role(nearly all settlers were Scots) this might be an important chart- John Bull the taurus springs to mind

Hello Jorge,

It is an interesting topic but I lack the time to enter into a fuller discussion here. Not least as I have covered a lot of this ground in previous threads. Take a look at this thread from 2009 in which I and others vigorously debated the issue:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

One point worth commenting on is that I have moved moved more towards the 1927 chart as the chart for 'modern' Britain.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly