Paths of the Fathers and the Devas

Can anyone throw some light on the Paths of the Fathers (pitris) and the Paths of the Gods? The main source I know of is the Bhavagad Gita Chapter VIII verses 24 & 25.
24. Those who know the Supreme attain that by passing away from the world during the influence of the fiery god, in the light, at an auspicious moment of the day, during the fortnight of the waxing moon, or during the six months when the sun travels north.
25. The mystic who passes away from this world during the smoke, the night, the fortnight of the waning moon, or the six months when the sun passes to the south, he reaches the moon but again comes back.

I seem to remember that there were two traditions of dating the solar paths - one from solstice to solstice the other from equinox to equinox. Any references or pointers would be of great help. Thank you.

Re: Paths of the Fathers and the Devas

gavin wrote:Can anyone throw some light on the Paths of the Fathers (pitris) and the Paths of the Gods?
As this is not really an astrology-related question I wouldn't encourage too much discussion of it here, but the idea derives from the Upani?ads (some of which add a third path: the path of men, meaning rebirth). You may want to look at B?had?ra?yaka 6.2.15?16; Ch?ndogya 5.10.1?8; Kau??taki 1.2; Pra?na 1.9?10, 5.3?5.
I seem to remember that there were two traditions of dating the solar paths - one from solstice to solstice the other from equinox to equinox.
I have never heard of that. The ayana or half-year is normally reckoned from solstice to solstice.
https://astrology.martingansten.com/